BTD5 Steam Help: Pressing F11 goes into black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTD5 Steam Help: Pressing F11 goes into black screen

I'm having a problem with Bloons TD 5 Steam version on my Windows 10 laptop. Whenever I press F11 to go into full screen, the screen turns black and it takes a while to get out of if F11 is pressed again to get out of full screen or Ctrl + Alt + Del is pressed. Is there any way to fix this?

Try going into full screen through the settings menu, I don't know if that would help, but it might. It may be useful if you tell the developers what your screen resolution is, and maybe what your processor, graphics card, and how much RAM you have, though I'm sure those won't affect it.
    Write something...

Comment

Originally posted by Master Hand View Post
      Try going into full screen through the settings menu, I don't know if that would help, but it might. It may be useful if you tell the developers what your screen resolution is, and maybe what your processor, graphics card, and how much RAM you have, though I'm sure those won't affect it.

I tried clicking the full screen button, it still brought up the black screen of death.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamerson View Post

I tried clicking the full screen button, it still brought up the black screen of death.

Try contacting support then, and see if they can fix the problem.
        Write something...

Comment

This might be due to some incompatibilities with Windows 10. It could also be the graphic drivers - many graphic drivers does not go well with Windows 10.
          Status: Rank 32, AP 7115, BTD5 Rank 70, BMC GP Lv 24, BD Lv 16, BTDBM BS ~20000, BMCM Lv 33

Comment

Can you ensure that all of your machine's drivers are up to date, please?

Comment

I updated my drivers and the black screen problem went away, however, now there's a new problem. When the window is fullscreen, the screen freezes up. I can still click on things, but they won't appear as changed unless I go into task manager. Is there a way to fix this, too?

Comment

Weird. What usually triggers the freeze?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Weird. What usually triggers the freeze?

When the window is in fullscreen and in focus. If something else is clicked on (ex. task manager), I can see everything just fine, but I can't click on the game because if I do, it will go into focus and freeze up.

Comment

Does your system meet all of the requirements of the game? If you can provide credentials about your computer then that may provide some information for others to use.
                    Write something...

Comment

Originally posted by Master Hand View Post
                      Does your system meet all of the requirements of the game? If you can provide credentials about your computer then that may provide some information for others to use.

How do I provide credentials about my computer? I'm not too good with understanding advanced computer settings.

Comment

Well if you running windows then you go to the windows menu and type in "System" and click on that. Then that would provide some info about your computer, such as RAM, Processor, and the Graphics card. If anything else, I am not so sure.
                        Write something...

Comment

All I could find was the processor. It says "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)"

Comment

Originally posted by Kamerson View Post
                            All I could find was the processor. It says "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)"
                            Press Win+R (windows key and "R" at the same time), type in "dxdiag," press "Yes" if there's a prompt, then you should be able to see your computer's specs. Take a screenshot of the first tab and of the "Display" tab.

RAM is displayed as "Memory" and is in megabytes (MB).
                            |

Comment

http://pasteboard.co/23czH9Rc.png
                              http://pasteboard.co/23cAW9NE.png

RAM = 16,384 MB

Comment

Working...
                              X