Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about the new Powerup Levels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about the new Powerup Levels...

With Update 1.1, powerups have been given 4 unlockable levels. There are 4 levels for each powerup, each with more powerful effects. There are some notable powerful effects, such as Level 4 Blop Magnet, which give it INFINITE range (awesome for 100% blops!) or Level 4 Hotter Cooldowns, reducing the cooldowns of epics by a whopping 80%! All Level 4 upgrades are extremely powerful (well, most that is), and it will be exciting to use them, especially in the new Endless Challenge Mode!

As for upgrading them, the more you use them, the higher the level rises. It takes 10 uses to raise from Level 1 to Level 2. It takes 15 uses to raise it from Level 2 to Level 3.

Also, for balancing purposes, Explosive Shots is now a 3-Star Upgrade.

What are all of your thoughts on the new powerup system? What are your favorites?
    Last edited by Supperman88; 22-12-16, 06:10 AM. Reason: Added info

I like it, but it would've been nice if this was a feature on release. I've used plenty of Gold Rushes, Red Rushes, Hidden Treasures, and Wired Funds, which are the most important upgrades towards endgame when your only goal is to buy everything, but they're all at 0% progress to level 1, and the only extras I have are 3 Gold Rushes and a few Red Rushes.

Comment

I would like to unlock these higher levels, but for some reason I haven't felt much of a desire to play BSM2 recently.

Level 4 Turbo Boost would look so awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamerson View Post
        I would like to unlock these higher levels, but for some reason I haven't felt much of a desire to play BSM2 recently.

Level 4 Turbo Boost would look so awesome.
        That was my first item that I got, along with Super Shots. FYI, nothing lives. NOTHING. Solid Doom is just that, and Bombs fire as fast as Radar Glaves.

Comment

I do not think that it was a good idea to transfer all of the explosive shots from one-star to three-star. I'm not complaining, but I now have 53 explosive shots that I can do whatever with (I purposely saved them up before the patch). I also agree with k1d5h31d0n that the four-tier powerup system should have been since launch. If that had been the case, my spreadsheet would have benefitted me a lot more :P. And for my thoughts on the weekly tournaments: I love them . Although I may not be able to get top three, top 10 is certainly in reach. Even the gold chests that I got last week were excellent. My only wish, for now, is that I can change my in-game nickname ;( I wasn't thinking when I made it.

P.S - I'm back, baby

Comment

Level 2 invisibility cloak has a 10% chance of destroying shields from shield bloons. May post other level up affects as I discover them.

Level 2 sticky shots adds a splatter effect.

Level 2 blow back pops 1 layer off of each bloon affected.

Level 2 supermonkey fan club monkeys fly twice as fast.

Level 2 bouncy shots bounce 1 more time.
            Last edited by Kamerson; 30-12-16, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamerson View Post
              Level 2 invisibility cloak has a 10% chance of destroying shields from shield bloons. May post other level up affects as I discover them.

Level 2 sticky shots adds a splatter effect.

Level 2 blow back pops 1 layer off of each bloon affected.

Level 2 supermonkey fan club monkeys fly twice as fast.

Level 2 bouncy shots bounce 1 more time.
              If you look in the "powerups" section of the lab, the powerups now have an info button. This will show each tier for that powerup. I don't want to ruin your fun, but just saying :P

Comment

Originally posted by Puncake View Post

If you look in the "powerups" section of the lab, the powerups now have an info button. This will show each tier for that powerup. I don't want to ruin your fun, but just saying :P
                Oh, lol XD

Nah, it doesn't ruin my fun. Now I get to see what each tier is!

Comment

I am currently creating a Powerup Guide that will give information and Analysis on each powerup, as well as my overall rating, so stay tuned for that.

I am now done with the powerup guide! See it here...
                  Last edited by Supperman88; 06-01-17, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X