What have you accomplished today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you accomplished today?

Ported over from BMC. What have you accomplished?

Well, I did something pretty big just yesterday.

My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
    My Custom BTD5 Challenges (NEW Challenges + One Improved!)
    Me playing Bloons Super Monkey 2 Mobile for a month

Yeah, I think I might be finished with the game now.

Comment

I am slowly working in the same direction. I can't figure out how to do the later boss levels with only one weapon type, though. Especially the level 82 boss. How did you manage that? Also, do you have any general tips for how to approach getting diamond on each level?

Comment

Originally posted by link2012 View Post
        I am slowly working in the same direction. I can't figure out how to do the later boss levels with only one weapon type, though. Especially the level 82 boss. How did you manage that? Also, do you have any general tips for how to approach getting diamond on each level?
        As a start, make sure you have bought everything--or if not that, then all the important upgrades for Dr. Monkey, the classic Super Monkey, and the Storm Monkey. Max research is also recommended, as well as most rank 4 powerups for tier 1 and 2 powerups.

Boss levels with one weapon type can range from fairly simple to nearly impossible depending on which weapon type (Energy powerset is laughably easy even with no powerups at all, while Bomb powerset requires powerups, careful aiming, and epic timing to even just barely defeat most bosses). I recommend saving those until the very end, and get diamond on normal levels first.

To diamond normal levels, for starters you have to play the level multiple times and learn (almost memorize) every bloon rush in the level and how to counter them. Generally, your build for both monkeys will be Boomer-Energy-Boomer as main attacks, with varying epics depending on the level (Crouching Monkey, Lightning Trail, Spiky Chaos, Tempest Tornado, Doom Gauntlets, and ESPECIALLY Thunderwings are all common choices for epics). Turbo Boost, Hotter Cooldowns, Neva-Miss, and Absolute Zero are all massively OP powerups to use; abuse them to your heart's content. Explosive Shots are also spectacularly powerful of course, but I'd recommend saving them for levels where you REALLY need them (69, 75, and 86 come to mind first).

When doing Diamond for normal levels, beware levels 67 and 99. 67, in addition to already being a hard level to diamond, has a glitched BFB. If you pop the BFB too early, you will leak ~2000 bloons without warning, without reason, and without any way to prevent it. Wait until the BFB is about to leave and destroy the arrows that get stuck into it before you deal the killing blow. Diamonding level 99 is frustrating and completely unfair, and IMO it should be fixed. In one part in the level, there are red bloons which spawn off the screen near the edges of the level, and disappear mere frames later. Catching them all requires Absolute Zero in order to even be able to reach all the bloons quickly enough, Hotter Cooldowns so you can spam epics and reach the otherwise unreachable bloons, and tons of luck abuse even then. Yeah, it's not pleasant.

Ah, one last tip: You can save-scum a level by force-closing the app and restarting it. If you equip a couple powerups for a level but fail to get diamond, doing this will revert the game to before you equipped the powerups and thus give you another chance. You are going to want to do this as much as possible because powerups can be a pain to get.

Comment

Working...
        X