Your Boss Bloon Strategies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Boss Bloon Strategies

Fairly self-explanatory, but if you have good strategies for any of the boss bloons (lower level city strategies would be preferable) comment them down here!

Try to win.

(couldn't help it; I don't even play mobile versions)
    Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
    BTD5 stuff: DC archive
    BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
    SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
    Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
      Try to win.

(couldn't help it; I don't even play mobile versions)
      Very helpful advice Topper, very helpful.

I've heard that Tack Sprayer spam works well on most bosses. Haven't actually tried out though as I'm not too into bosses.

Comment

Bloonarius - Tacks and Spike Factories
        Vortex - Spike Factories
        Dreadbloon - Spike Factories

I don't play the last one because it is way too overpowered. Even at level three, it takes out every tower.

Comment

I had a nice in-depth thing I was going to post, but this stupid bug prevented it from going through. I'll just sum it up under spoilers. Please note that I will not specifically go through low-level strategies.

General
          Spoiler:
          • Beware of lead bloons; get a wizard to deal with them
          • Usually want to be on normal mode (not sped up)
          • If a strategy works with one boss, it will probably work with all the other bosses (except Dreadbloon)

Bloonarius
          Spoiler:
          • Grape shot boats (x/1) and tacks sprayers, mostly due to ability to easily take out natural bloons
          • Wizard set to last (any 1st tier upgrade) to deal with lead bloons
            • Set to first in early rounds when the boss spawns leads
          • At higher rounds with more money, 1/3 spactory in top-right
          • If spikes don't kill boss, use money gained to spam the spike storm ability

Vortex
          Spoiler:
          • Tack sprayers work well
          • Spactory very effective due to boss path and bloon path being seperate
          • Again, spike storm if required

Dreadbloon
          Spoiler:
          • Lead properties make this boss much tricker, especially at lower levels
          • 2/3 spactory works well
          • If can't get 2/3, just 2/x is fine
          • Again, if spikes don't kill boss, spike storm
            • Make sure the spactory is 2/4 when using spike storm.
          • 0/2 dartlings effective with high monkey knowledge
            • Specifically, MK that decreases cost of Bloontonium darts

Blastapopolus (BP)
          Spoiler:
          • Just use low cost and easily spammable towers
            • Exception: Since it takes a while for BP to fire the first stun shot, a quick spactory (1/3) near the front should work well.

NO WAY HOW DOES HE DO IT???

Comment

Thanks for all the tips antibot! Btw, just watched The Bee Movie a few days ago and love your signature xD

Comment

Nothing seems to work for me past level 14. City level is 33. Monkey knowledge average rank is 3.5. Spike factory is not effective against Vortex if all my money needs to be spent on defense.

On level 14, I can easily AZ the boss and coast to a 2-try victory against Bloonarius. No crates, boosts, or powers needed. But then level 15 hits me, and I cannot handle the first rushes even with three crates. I waste 200k city cash on failed attempts. So many bloons that my tack sprayers cannot handle them. If I try to sell as much as necessary for a quick blade maelstrom, I usually die before I can get the maelstrom up. Half the time, I come up short in cash, and there is simply not enough time to sell another tower.

The difference between levels 14 and 15 is OP. The ramp should be more smooth. Bosses are not much fun in Mobile. Videos and post #5 of this thread show off the boring strategy of spike storm spam.
              When monkey things go awry
              Spoiler:

Bloons Wrath City
              0-0-3 boat = the loadship
              4-2-0 farm = GMO bananas
              5-2-0 farm = plastic bananas, laced with mercury
              2-5-0 farm = the monkeys got their Obama
              4-2-0 sm = the megachurch
              5-2-0 sm = the Simiagogue Church Of All Monkeys
              2-5-0 sm = transsimianism
              0-5-2 dm = calling plasma from heaven, yipes! It isn't photoshopped
              2-3-0 village = the monkey bureaucracy
              2-0-4 village = monkey family planning
              0-3-0 ice = global warming, for real

Comment

Originally posted by jasonc65 View Post
                So many bloons that my tack sprayers cannot handle them. If I try to sell as much as necessary for a quick blade maelstrom, I usually die before I can get the maelstrom up.
                On the higher levels I buy the blade maelstrom already with the starting cash and keep spamming blade maelstroms until I have enough cash to start spamming spike storms. This usually works without crates even on level 25 bosses.

Comment

I usually set up 3-4 Dartling towers that is 1|2 I start with 3 that is 1|0 then work on the upgrades over time,

for Blast I just place a Banana farm and get it to 2|1 it will attack it becuase of it being a higher Tier'd Tower even if it doesnt attack

and just go spam crazy with dartlings and Cluster to take out leads and random bloons

Dread is kinda easy/hard.... I have to get 0|2 dartling but use Cluster and Jugggernaut when i can to deal damage with his Lead properties...

Comment

bloonarius and blastapopulos- 2/3 dart mokey spam + wizard
                    vortex and dreadbloon- 2/2 dartlings, 1/1 snipers, 1/0 pilots
                    Youtube link here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGy...OOCxyH4Eueno3w
                    Game stats: BTD5 rank-55 SAS4 rank-59 BMC- 20 and 15

Comment

Dragonfan96 and meow1, these look like low level and BTD5 boss strategies.

The ramp-up is OP. Level 13 of Vortex was trivial with a few lives lost. Level 14 required a monkey boost. Level 15 required crates, boosts, and boss bane. Level 16 was extremely uncomfortable even with the level 15 strategy. Level 14 felt like level 20 in Flash. Level 16 felt like level 25. I'm telling NK, this is seriously unbalanced.
                      When monkey things go awry
                      Spoiler:

Bloons Wrath City
                      0-0-3 boat = the loadship
                      4-2-0 farm = GMO bananas
                      5-2-0 farm = plastic bananas, laced with mercury
                      2-5-0 farm = the monkeys got their Obama
                      4-2-0 sm = the megachurch
                      5-2-0 sm = the Simiagogue Church Of All Monkeys
                      2-5-0 sm = transsimianism
                      0-5-2 dm = calling plasma from heaven, yipes! It isn't photoshopped
                      2-3-0 village = the monkey bureaucracy
                      2-0-4 village = monkey family planning
                      0-3-0 ice = global warming, for real

Comment

Originally posted by jasonc65 View Post
                        Dragonfan96 and meow1, these look like low level and BTD5 boss strategies..
                        Well, i have only beat lv6.
                        Youtube link here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGy...OOCxyH4Eueno3w
                        Game stats: BTD5 rank-55 SAS4 rank-59 BMC- 20 and 15

Comment

Higher level vortex, without crates, boosts, or boss abilities.

My initial setup:

Go for AZ ASAP and use as soon as the boss shows up:

Blade maelstrom any MOABs that get past the shards first time around:

Keep doing it until MOABs are out of the way:

Then I get my 4/0 chipper for BFBs:
                          This was my 3rd attempt. Initially I did it on just MOABs, but was forced to sell it due to leaks.

Then my main boss killing setup:

For the fun of it:
                          Result: Similar to Flash, max temples are no good against high level bosses, even with the ability it was killed later than I expected.
                          Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th - NK Day of the Dead, My TK reworking ideas
                          Originally posted by Junior Monkey;n138814
                          Formerly made Ninja Kiwi great again, I wish I still could.

Comment

I'm rather bad at bosses.
                            Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

All I usually do is... SuperMonkey + a bunch of MOAB Maulers

Comment

Working...
                              X