Favors and Restrictions reasonings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favors and Restrictions reasonings

I am quite fascinated with what types of reasons each tower is favored or restricted in each terrain. Not because I would have to hear alternate strategies for said restricted towers in each terrain, but because I would like to find some in-universe logic behind such things.

For example, Banana Farms are favored in a River Terrain because there is fresh continuously refreshing water beside for watering. Bomb Shooters are restricted in a River and Lake Terrain because that would cause Frag Bomb fragments to end up in the water, making the mess a very difficult cleanup for if the territory is claimed (on the other hand, Buccaneers with Cannon Ship are not as messy because the bombs do not have Frag Bombs). Ninja Monkeys are restricted in a River and Lake Terrain because the reflections in the water spoil the secretness of a ninja. Monkey Engineers are restricted in a River Terrain because Cleansing Foam and Bloon Traps in the river is simply not plausible.
    If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

I always thought it was because ninjas couldn’t swim. I mean you can’t place them on water.

Some restrictions are inconsistent or make no sense.

Like why can dart monkeys climb tall mountains but can’t climb a small hill?

Why can dart monkeys endure the high altitudes and low temperatures of mountains but not snow?

How come you can use ice monkeys in a forest but not in a jungle?
    I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

And how about even more obscure restriction logic? Banana Farms not mountains but can with snow? And I also do find no sense in what makes hills an issue for Dart Monkeys but not so for mountains too.

As for Ice Monkeys in Jungle, the possible reason is due to the issues with the humid air around it preventing it from producing effective ice.

And I have a bunch more types of ideas to talk about for such restriction/favor logic.
      • Monkey Aces favor Grass Terrain: Because the runway is flatter and easier to take off from. Also because a consistant flying height is quite easily available.
      • Chipper favor Grass Terrain: Because there is quite a usage of actual gardening tools in such environments, so little extra work is required to alter it to fit a different terrain.
      • Tack restrict Forest and Heavy Forest: Because many of the upgrades dispense many tacks and/or blades that are rather littering in a forest, which makes it hard to clean up. Even more so is with Blade Maelstrom, potentially killing an entire forest just by one use of it. However, Spike Factory piles are easy to clean up because they consistently pile up on an easy area and such projectiles do not pack outside the main path (unless placing Spike Factory at not the path).
      • Ninja favor Forest: Ninjas only favor normal Forest because there is just enough cover space to hide behind a tree and run out without having face another tree ahead.
      • Farm restrict Forest and Heavy Forest: There just isn't enough sunlight to sustain a banana palm, particularly when it also requires good sunlight and good temperature.
      • Sniper favor Heavy Forest: Snipers also find nice hiding spots, but they don't have to move much to target a bloon. All they have to do is move their sniper and not move an arm with a good amount of force.
      • Heli restrict Heavy Forest: It's a little too much trees to move a helicopter around, isn't it?
      • Ice restrict Jungle: I think I explained about the humid air problem already.
      • Wizard restrict Jungle: Monkey Apprentices (Wizards) both upgrade paths do some sort issue here. First off, air-based moves blow a considerable amount of precious wildlife. Secondly, and most importantly, fire-based moves work less effectively, particularly Dragon's Breath and Phoenix.
      • Glue favor Jungle: Well, we probably have a considerable amount of Sticky Sap plants around here. Also because moderate moisture helps glue working (opposite is true for why Glue is restricted in normal Desert).

If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
        I always thought it was because ninjas couldn’t swim. I mean you can’t place them on water.
        Can't place darts or some other land towers on water and they're not restricted.

I thought it was because ninjas can walk on water but they just don't wanna get their shurikens rusty. And they can't turn it into wine.

As for the sunlight issue in (heavy) forest, you get plenty of sunlight in the jungle and in a volcano amirite?
        Part AP Hunter, part Youtuber, part KOTH Player/Manager. Skype is smurfblade1999 if you want to add me.

Comment

Well, maybe ninjas are favored in heavy forest because the shadows help them hide more easily. Also, maybe tacks are favored on hills because the hills make small range less of a problem? This would seem like it would give them more range, but perhaps there was a trade off for price where they got cheaper somehow. But why are darts banned? Are they too busy having fun rolling down hills or something?

Comment

Originally posted by DestructivForce View Post
            Well, maybe ninjas are favored in heavy forest because the shadows help them hide more easily. Also, maybe tacks are favored on hills because the hills make small range less of a problem? This would seem like it would give them more range, but perhaps there was a trade off for price where they got cheaper somehow. But why are darts banned? Are they too busy having fun rolling down hills or something?
            It's Ninjas in normal Forest Terrain.

Comment

Why can dart monkeys endure the high altitudes and low temperatures of mountains but not snow?
              Although I don't understand why Dart Monkeys are banned on Hills, I suppose they're banned on snow because a Dart Monkey would be freeze to death (Since they're not clothed most of the time) since the snow terrain look colder and there isn't that much snow on mountain terrrains. I dunno, just random guesses.
              Pofile Picture: Spaced Pinks (Bloons TD Battles)

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyxp2000 View Post
                Bomb Shooters are restricted in a River and Lake Terrain because that would cause Frag Bomb fragments to end up in the water, making the mess a very difficult cleanup for if the territory is claimed (on the other hand, Buccaneers with Cannon Ship are not as messy because the bombs do not have Frag Bombs).
                I think that Bomb Shooters are restricted because water defuses bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by OddSpiritedTrophy View Post

Although I don't understand why Dart Monkeys are banned on Hills,
                  Dart monkeys are probably banned on hills because of the changing altitudes of height, therefore making it harder to aim.

Comment

Also, here's the list that I think would continue off of the first list:
                    Bloonchipper restricted on Lake: I think bloonchipper is restricted on lake because if it sucks in bloons, then it would also suck in the water and damage the bloonchipper.
                    Monkey village restricted on Volcano: It's quite obvious that a village doesn't usually stay on a volcano. The same goes for Ice Monkey.
                    Boomerang restricted on Volcano: For things like Bionic Boomer, I think that the heat of the volcano would melt the metal, and melt the boomerang monkey's arm.
                    Wizard favoured on Volcano: Wizard is favoured simply because the volcano's fire would enhance the heat of Dragon's breath and the phoenix, making it stronger. As for Mortar, I am not sure on why it is favoured.
                    Glue gunner restricted on Desert: The glue would probably dry up.
                    Monkey Ace restricted on Mountain: The rough terrain makes it harder to land properly. Same goes with Heli Pilot.
                    Dartling Gun restricted on Mountain: Dartling guns probably can't aim very well if the height changes.
                    Ice monkey favoured on Mountain: I suppose that because if is more farther up in the sky, it makes it colder and the ice monkey can have its ice enhanced.
                    Monkey Ace favoured on Arid Grasslands: Same reason as it is favoured on regular grass, but because Bloonchipper is not on the flash version, it is not favoured.
                    List of favors and restrictions can be found here: http://bloons.wikia.com/wiki/Favors_and_Restrictions
                    Last edited by MGRgames; 13-02-18, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MGRgames View Post

Dart monkeys are probably banned on hills because of the changing altitudes of height, therefore making it harder to aim.
                      So wouldn’t they also be banned on mountains?
                      I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

I think that they aren't banned on mountains becausemountains are really steep, however the areas where the bloons come and go is rather flatter than on hills.

Comment

Pofile Picture: Spaced Pinks (Bloons TD Battles)

Comment

Mortar is likely favored on volcanoes because the lava makes good burny stuff.
                            My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
                            (NEW) My Custom BTD5 Challenges
                            Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Also with the Boomer restrict on Volcano reasonings, the boomerang wood doesn't go well against really hot lava below it, and neither would glaives. And the Village explanation is totally correct – nobody would live at a volcano!

Comment

Working...
                              X