Tile problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile problems

I never thought I'd be here asking for help, but here I am.

There is one specific tile that is giving me a bit of trouble, a ZOMG cluster chaos tile. The main thing giving me problems are two early regrow rushes. Round 5 has a massive regrow white rush, and round 7 has a hyperclumped regrow black rush, followed by a bunch of camo pinks and yellows. (If you don't know what hyperclumped means, look at round 63 on BTD 5) I have already tried 2-3 boomers, 3-0 cannons, 3-0 boomers, dartling, 2-3 sniper (I was desperate), thought of maelstrom (no tacks on forest terrain) and tried using dartling for the camos. I tried using some crates, to no avail, and I don't know what to do. I want to get to the glacier mission to see if shard of everfrost makes ice any better, since it definitely does in flash. Any suggestions? I have most 4th tiers, all 3rd tiers, all towers, level 29.

About how much money do you have once you get to that round?
    My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
    My Custom BTD5 Challenges (NEW Challenges + One Improved!)
    Me playing Bloons Super Monkey 2 Mobile for a month

Comment

5197 by the first rush, about 1k more by the second. That is without supply crates, which I would be willing to use since I have 80 of them.

Comment

Placement on the track (not sure which one you are playing) is as important as the towers you use. What I use for most tracks, especially cluster chaos, to start is a glue gunner 2-2 set to strong to spray lots and pop leads in front of a ninja 3-1 to clean up the now slowed and popping bloons. If you have cash left, start a bloonchipper in front of both of them...
        Last edited by chefy68; 23-12-17, 12:25 AM. Reason: added the chipper

Comment

As I stated before, the bloons were regrow, so the glue would only regrow farm them, the camos would be a problem, and with the blacks being hyperclumped, the glue couldn't even glue them all, leaving the chipper and ninja to chase and die. I might try glue, x-3 mortar and something else, possibly using up a boost for a little bit of help. That would only work if the glue and mortar both hit all of the regrows, if either fail it turns into a regrow farm.
          Last edited by DestructivForce; 23-12-17, 03:06 AM. Reason: I can spell, it just doesn't look like it.

Comment

The corrosive glue pops a layer off the regrows every 3 seconds and slows them for the other towers to pop. I have no idea where you are getting this regrow farm, and how do the chipper and ninja (who can pop camo) chase anything and die? My towers don't move. I've been playing since September last year, (came from TD5) and I have never lost with this strat since level 26 or so. Perhaps a monkey village for some needed buffage to your towers? I always group my towers close enough to fall under one village. Even the extra range helps. I don't remember the staring cash at 29, but the working strat is bloonchipper eats off a layer, and as the bloons come out the back the glue guy glues them (and starts popping more layers) while the ninja (who can pop camo) blasts them some more, then they all fly in front of the chipper again and get eaten to death. Build Ninja first, then gule... Works on Impopable tiles even. Chipper and glue set to strong, ninja on first. I could fully describe it step by step as I use this strat everytime, except water tiles and Camo regrow pain tiles which involve the apprentice wizard, but that's a different strat.
            Last edited by chefy68; 23-12-17, 05:02 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

^ Chasing occurs when your towers slowly get overwhelmed by the bloons, and then they never get caught up so they get stuck firing away from your controlled area towards the exit. It’s a bit hard to explain, so if you still don’t understand then I’d have to figure out some sort of visual.

OT: Here’s an idea—try using a 2/3 ace. Put it kinda in the center of where all the bloons are, set it to the circle path, and add lead popping towers (1/2 mortar, maybe) for support.

If that doesn’t work then just use a couple crates and get a 2/3 dartling.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation of chasing, I didn't know there was a term for that occurrence! I always just called it "I'm F'ed". LOL

Comment

I'd stay low on cash and focus mainly on banana farms.
                  A sniper and a ninja monkey work well: getting multiple snipers 1:1 with one ninja with eventual 4:2 stats should do the trick but make sure you place the ninja about 2:5ths of the track up to prevent too much regrow. I mean, glue in theory sounds good but the problem is with regrows they themselves cause the bloons to divide and to easily before any defenses get to them (unless you're willing to put evenly placed around the map defenses). Getting a few MOAB maulers once u start hitting the ground running and that should do the trick.
                  Honestly, don;t wast your time on 2:3 snipers: they're costly and are easily replaced by cheaper MOAB maulers unless you've got a rainbow rush.

Comment

Small problem, farms aren't allowed on forests.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mochinator View Post
                      Small problem, farms aren't allowed on forests.
                      Yeah I forgot I was thinking jungles .-. I was tired it was like 23:00 when I posted in my area...
                      I think than you should resort to bloon traps on a 4:0 engineer: it's not nearly as effective but you can hope it works and it does sometimes (note u will have to sell those annoying sentries -_-).
                      Just asking: is it a sniper cheap tile or a ninja cheap tile that might help.

Comment

Working...
                      X