No announcement yet.

Some MAJOR newb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously don't get the avatar thing. Every time I try to put a picture as avatar I get "invalid file". I really don't get it.

EDIT: did it, I just tried every time to upload by URL and it's better now.
    I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
    BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
    f you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

Give me a moment to get the thread up, It threw me out a few minutes ago.
      Want to see the Daily Challenges I've had accepted?
      A collection of avatar's, That may or may not be restricted due to a size limit.

Comment

I just tried to post a thread and got an Empty Response Error. Has this happened to any of you?
        Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
        Change the weather, still together when it ends

Owner on Xat Chatroom. Also addicted to SAS 4 and AP Grinding on Ninja Kiwi as you might suspect.
        There's one thing a Saiyan always keeps...
        HIS PRIDE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This might have happened because you did a copy-and-paste of a text from another forum. Right?

If so, that is why....
          This may sound silly to you, but vbulletin somehow did this version. (new is not always better, right?)
          One way to get around this is to paste your text once into another word-processor or notepad first, then copy it from there and voila....
          I know it sounds silly, and you might also lose your favorite font or some fancy effect (picture, bbcode, etc...).
          But at least this is one way to not have to retype the whole text....
          It looks like this:

Comment

Originally posted by egogoyo View Post
            This might have happened because you did a copy-and-paste of a text from another forum. Right?

If so, that is why....
            This may sound silly to you, but vbulletin somehow did this version. (new is not always better, right?)
            One way to get around this is to paste your text once into another word-processor or notepad first, then copy it from there and voila....
            I know it sounds silly, and you might also lose your favorite font or some fancy effect (picture, bbcode, etc...).
            But at least this is one way to not have to retype the whole text....
            Thank you! That's the reason why I copy paste my DCs and then it doesn't recognize...
            I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
            BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
            f you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper 355 View Post
              Thank you! That's the reason why I copy paste my DCs and then it doesn't recognize...
              Oh it's not just there, It does that with literally every site.
              A collection of avatar's, That may or may not be restricted due to a size limit.

Comment

As far as I saw when trying to post the Encyclopaedia, Empty Response is not just a copy/paste thing - I also got it when the post was too long (I didn't check how long is 'too long' though). It seems that a long enough post prompts the server to ask you to input a captcha, however the editor doesn't understand this response, so instead of giving you said captcha, it just throws the empty response error.
                Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
                BTD5 stuff: DC archive
                BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
                SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
                Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  As far as I saw when trying to post the Encyclopaedia, Empty Response is not just a copy/paste thing - I also got it when the post was too long (I didn't check how long is 'too long' though). It seems that a long enough post prompts the server to ask you to input a captcha, however the editor doesn't understand this response, so instead of giving you said captcha, it just throws the empty response error.
                  I noticed that earlier when creating a thread, It seems to be when the text box extends past the default size. (Although I can't confirm this, It may have just been a coincidence.)

Comment

Is there a "Go to first unread post/reply" button anywhere?
                    That moment when your user ID is the meaning of life...
                    I'm that edgy guy who make dank memes and sometimes posts.
                    Also, I probably did a thing in freeplay.
                    Also orange because it's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWaddleGames View Post
                      Is there a "Go to first unread post/reply" button anywhere?

I think the blue button over here will bring you to the first unread post/reply.

Comment

I didn't realize that I got an email to confirm the registration.....

Comment

Originally posted by UR LIFE ISNT A GAME View Post
                          I didn't realize that I got an email to confirm the registration.....
                          Yeah, Iknow the header at the top tells you to activate your account, but it needs to let you know about how that works...
                          UR TED CRUZIN 4 A TED BRUZIN

-SOUP

You have done nothing or say anything,
                          and they sudden send you offend language.

-Sam Mick

Comment

http://prntscr.com/be1qzt Sorry about the link stuff. The only way it lets me post something is if i press "post link" and then edit the post afterward. Not sure if im just being dumb or what

Edit: also another noob question, after you post and then try to remove the link http://prntscr.com/be1w3i as so, it says invalid url. I assume it still want a link in there but shouldnt "remove link" make it so you dont need to post a link?
                            Last edited by SillyCow1; 08-06-16, 10:52 PM.
                            : 48920 AP (Rank 55), Super Ultimate Grand Master

Comment

Originally posted by SillyCow1 View Post
                              http://prntscr.com/be1qzt Sorry about the link stuff. The only way it lets me post something is if i press "post link" and then edit the post afterward. Not sure if im just being dumb or what

Edit: also another noob question, after you post and then try to remove the link http://prntscr.com/be1w3i as so, it says invalid url. I assume it still want a link in there but shouldnt "remove link" make it so you dont need to post a link?
                              Huh, so that's why some posts have those bolded links at the bottom of them. I honestly didn't even notice there was a link button, because my instinct is to just go and type the bbcode directly, not look for a button for it.

In this case you'd want something like this: [url=ninjakiwi.com]here is a link[/url]
                              Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
                              BTD5 stuff: DC archive
                              BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
                              SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
                              Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

how come I cannot make a thread or send PMs? I have more than 5 posts (but some are in fourm games)

Comment

Working...
                                X