Some MAJOR newb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some MAJOR newb questions

Okay, I apologize, but I just have to noob out rn. I simply cannot figure some of these things out on my own, which is pretty pathetic especially since I sorta got the hang of the vbulletin4 archives.

A) how do u subscribe to ppl

B) how do u edit ur signature

C) how do u quote ppl's replies

D) is there a bb code guide and where is it
    UR TED CRUZIN 4 A TED BRUZIN

-SOUP

You have done nothing or say anything,
    and they sudden send you offend language.

-Sam Mick

A. Go into their profile. Can't miss it.

C. Under the post on the bottom right, it says "quote".

Comment

A.) Visit someone's profile and you should see a "subscribe" button on the very first page. The friending system works kinda similar to the old new forums.

B.) My Profile > Edit Settings > Account > Edit Post Signature

C.) Theres a little button on the bottom right of every post that says "quote" with a quote symbol right next to it

D.) https://forums.ninjakiwi.com/help#bb...e/bbcode_basic
      Last edited by Jony9001; 08-06-16, 02:00 AM. Reason: I can't spell
      I'm Jony, one of the mods here at NK. Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns, if there's a situation that needs to be dealt with, or if you just want to chat.
      "All we are is dust in the wind, dude."

Comment

D. There is a guide over here.

Comment

B) user settings(in top right), account, scroll down til it says edit signature
          Busy coming up with a good signature
          http://image.prntscr.com/image/0781b188a33a43e6bb8f5894d5336e10.png

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny0516 View Post
            D. There is a guide over here.
            Oh, thanks!

Originally posted by Jony9001 View Post
            A.) Visit someone's profile and you should see a "subscribe" button on the very first page. The friending system works kinda similar to the old new forums.

B.) My Profile > Edit Settings > Account > Edit Post Signature

C.) Theres a little button on the bottom right of every post that says "quote" with a ulterior symbol right next to it

D.) No idea, if I find it I'll edit it in here

Double thanks!

EDIT: Wait, I can't seem to find where the edit post signature thing is. It doesn't appear under account.
            Last edited by The Augster; 08-06-16, 02:04 AM.

-SOUP

-Sam Mick

Comment

Originally posted by The Augster View Post

EDIT: Wait, I can't seem to find where the edit post signature thing is. It doesn't appear under account.

I circled it in red.
              Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
              ||
              |

Comment

okay, ty

-SOUP

-Sam Mick

Comment

I'd also like to ask something. Is it possible to use a gif as an avatar and gifs in your signature? I keep getting invalid image type every time I try.
                  Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
                  Change the weather, still together when it ends

Owner on Xat Chatroom. Also addicted to SAS 4 and AP Grinding on Ninja Kiwi as you might suspect.
                  There's one thing a Saiyan always keeps...
                  HIS PRIDE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Fausnaught View Post
                    I'd also like to ask something. Is it possible to use a gif as an avatar? I keep getting invalid image type every time I try.
                    Hey Squideer , do you know how?
                    Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                    ||
                    |

Comment

Avatar's gifs have a limit, While I don't have the exact dimensions I would use the old archive ones for a baseline.

- Can't exceed 80 x 80 (This one I'm not too sure on, I saw a larger gif earlier that passed)
                      Edit: According to SOUP the new limit's 200 x 200, Be advised the image shrinks to fit your avatar display box though.
                      - The file can't exceed 16.8(?) MB

I'm currently looking for the new baselines myself, I'll let you know if I learn anything. As for gifs in signature's, Currently no. I tried to have the ones listed in mine function properly earlier, In spite of a preview they will not load and instead the link will be posted.

Edit: I forgot, Please be advised that currently avatar's uploaded via a link seem to be undergoing an error. (Not every time, But it does happen) Uploading the file will bypass this issue however.
                      Last edited by Squideer; 08-06-16, 06:21 AM.
                      Want to see the Daily Challenges I've had accepted?
                      A collection of avatar's, That may or may not be restricted due to a size limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Squideer View Post
                        Avatar's gifs have a limit, While I don't have the exact dimensions I would use the old archive ones for a baseline.

- Can't exceed 80 x 80 (This one I'm not too sure on, I saw a larger gif earlier that passed)
                        Edit: According to SOUP the new limit's 200 x 200, Be advised the image shrinks to fit your avatar display box though.
                        - The file can't exceed 16.8(?) MB

I'm currently looking for the new baselines myself, I'll let you know if I learn anything. As for gifs in signature's, Currently no. I tried to have the ones listed in mine function properly earlier, In spite of a preview they will not load and instead the link will be posted.
                        I seriously see no point in locking out smaller gifs from signatures and never have, but thank you anyways.

Owner on Xat Chatroom. Also addicted to SAS 4 and AP Grinding on Ninja Kiwi as you might suspect.
                        HIS PRIDE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Fausnaught View Post
                          I seriously see no point in locking out smaller gifs from signatures and never have, but thank you anyways.
                          Give the site time, Currently there are a few bugs that need to be worked out. (If you want an example, Try copying text for a completely different tab and pasting it here)
                          A collection of avatar's, That may or may not be restricted due to a size limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Squideer View Post
                            Give the site time, Currently there are a few bugs that need to be worked out. (If you want an example, Try copying text for a completely different tab and pasting it here)

I was basing my assumption on the fact that the archive forums never allowed it with the sole exception of the mod team. Even so, I hope you're right. I think the Admins and Mods should be a little bit more lenient with the signatures here. The rules would cover everything anyhow, as intrusive or inappropriate signatures would be against the rules anyhow.

HIS PRIDE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Let me put it another way, Delaying the forum for the bug fixes means having it pulled back another few days/weeks. It already had been for a few months and it was receiving negative feedback, Just be happy it was out today as Aaron said it would.

Comment

Working...
                              X