This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NK is dead

Since flash won't get updates, community will die.
    So you guys should be prepared to say bye-bye someday.
    The way I am, I am.

My hype for BSM2M isn't dead, tho

Comment

We will be seeing more web games.
      Blast 'em biters.

Comment

I think my sig will explain it.
        , ,
        Originally posted by Cupid Monkey
        I love you Bloons. So much, that I want to pop you.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
          I think my sig will explain it.
          This right here alone is enough reason for NK to switch to Unity.
          Blast 'em biters.

Comment

But the Mobile community and Flash community are different, well apparently now they have come to an agreement. Besides if Flash is truly dead, we wouldn't get any more DCs or vaults for BTD5 and events for BMC and SAS 4, unless I'm missing something.
            Last edited by Junior Monkey; 05-09-16, 05:25 PM.
            , ,

Comment

Originally posted by Demo View Post
              We will be seeing more web games.

If Tower Keepers web does not arrive at all, I'll be enraged.
              Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
              ||
              |

Comment

NK has games on steam and mobile too, both of which are doing great. BTD5 is still fairly popular on both platforms which I'm sure brings in some cash.

If NK died I would have one less excuse to use when I'm not being productive, and I don't like the sound of that very much.

pls dont die nk

I'm Jony, one of the mods here at NK. Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns, if there's a situation that needs to be dealt with, or if you just want to chat.
                "All we are is dust in the wind, dude."

Comment

Well, all good things ends someday. I'll try to get my second city to 40lvl too...maybe. But even if I love flash versions more than mobile ones, probably because I'm oldschol quake player so i'm good with mouse, I play more mobile now because it's more aviable and I can play it everywhere.

Ofcours I would love to get some updates on flash but if not then so be it. It was (and still is) fun to play it. It's more than posible that i'll play it occasionally till it's closed like I'm instaling about once every two years Quake2 and run with railgun for couple of days and then uninstall it 😊
                  I'm suprised that there is still several servers running, well mostly with bots but still.

So I can assumu that NK will be here for some moment...I hope.

Comment

I hardly believe Ninjakiwi is dying. I remember back when Mochi closed down. One of their primary reasons for doing so was having essentially "no meaningful position beyond flash". Ninjakiwi has expanded beyond the realms of flash gaming by experimenting with other plugins, making their games available for mobile devices, and making use of other platforms (including Steam). Flash gaming might be dying (or at least it's been circling the drain for a long time), and maybe browser-based games are too, but Ninjakiwi will survive.
                    Proud user of a 12**** [BLACK] Lone Star in SAS 4.

Comment

Originally posted by undefined314 View Post
                      I hardly believe Ninjakiwi is dying. I remember back when Mochi closed down. One of their primary reasons for doing so was having essentially "no meaningful position beyond flash". Ninjakiwi has expanded beyond the realms of flash gaming by experimenting with other plugins, making their games available for mobile devices, and making use of other platforms (including Steam). Flash gaming might be dying (or at least it's been circling the drain for a long time), and maybe browser-based games are too, but Ninjakiwi will survive.
                      Yeah but he's talking about the community. I really think the community will take a hit due to the fact that mobile games are for a more casual market that doesn't have as much community interaction and ninjakiwi seems to be moving their core focus to mobile games. Just look at the lack of people on the new forum and decreased activity on the site.
                      Blast 'em biters.

Comment

wasnt the decreased activity on the forum the whole intent behind making a new forum?
                        I read in chat some forum-mod stating in the old forum were too much ppl posting too much. not exactly what you would expect from a dead site with diminishing community, would you?
                        Sure the mobile games target the casual gamer audience but good games will draw the interested ppl in who will enrich the now destilled community only consisting of true believers ^^

Comment

I think the reason why they made a new forum and took down the old one was due to all the spamming (random people saying hi and bumping threads).
                          , ,

Comment

We made the new forums because the old ones had almost 0 tools for moderating them (which lead to spam, but the spam itself wasn't the reason). Definitely not to get less people posting

Comment

Originally posted by Fleskimiso View Post
                              Since flash won't get updates, community will die.
                              So you guys should be prepared to say bye-bye someday.

With the conformation of getting the bug-infested game known as sas4 handed to us on a dirty platter, I am already prepared, only the NK profile feed is still active now days
                              Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X