Bloons TD Battles 2 Concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloons TD Battles 2 Concept

If this is the wrong forum to post this topic in, sorry about that.
    This is my vision of what it could look like:
    Bloons TD Battles 2 is a Cross platform game available on PC, iOS, and Android. It essentially uses the towers and upgrade paths from Bloons TD 6.
    It is essentially the successor of the original Bloons TD Battles and has been made much better from ground up:
    Main Features:
    • Cross Platform Play: Play on your iOS device with someone on PC
    • 2-4 Player mode: Battle against up to 3 other players at once (2 Player mode is always default)
    • 3 Game modes and 2 variants of each game mode!
    • Tournaments! Compete against thousands of players to win it all!
    • 12 new lovely maps to kick off the launch of the game.
    • Club Mode: Up your game with game twisting modes!
    • Offline Mode: Practice your defense strategies offline, before battling online.
    • Play With Friends: Play with up to 3 friends at once!

Game Modes:
    • Assault: Classic Assault Mode. Send bloons to either knock out your opponent, or increase your money growth!
      • You will be able to send DDT's at round 30+, BAD's at round 40+, and Crammed Ceramics and Stacked Fortified Purples.
      • Camo/Regen unlocked in same levels as original game.
      • Fortified Bloons unlocked 5 rounds after round unlocked and minimum round 18.
      • Crammed Purple Fortified bloons are exempt from rule and can only be bought as fortified.
      • Sending bloons in 3/4 player mode sends bloons to all players except yourself. This is to prevent teaming.
      • Bloon Quantities are either decreased, or much more expensive for 3/4 player mode.
    • Defensive Mode: Brand New Defensive Mode!
      • Players are given a random rate between $300 and $3000 for every interval.
      • Lower rates = earlier games. Higher rates = Later games.
      • 60% Chance of $300 - $1000, 30% Chance of $1025 - $2000, 10% Chance of $2025 - 3000
        • Rates are in intervals of 25
        • This rate is unchangeable. Once set, it cannot be changed.
      • Banana Farms are disabled. Cash regenerating upgrades are replaced with something else.
    • Card Battles: Think you got what it takes to deck out your opponents?
      • Same Mechanics as the original Bloons TD Battles.

Tournaments:
    • Twice a week. One at 3AM PST/ 6AM EST, and one at 3PM PST/ 6PM EST on Saturdays. This is to ensure that every player around the world gets a chance to play in a tournament.
    • First tournament is for every part of the world except North/South America. Second tournament is for North/South America only.
    • First battle can randomly be a 2-4 player battle to even out the player count to a perfect power of 2
    • After that will be 4 player battles until there are either 512 or 1024 players left, which becomes 2 player battles until the end.
    • Winning each battle from 128 players+ only has normal winning rewards.
    • Winning battles from 16-64 players left rewards the player 10 Medallions
    • Winning battles from 8 players left rewards the player 25 Medallions. Loser gets 10 Medallions
    • Winning battles from 4 players left rewards the player 50 Medallions. Loser gets 15 Medallions
    • The Winner get permanent free Club Access (if they don't already have), 1000 Medallions, 500 Energy, and a special badge that only tournament winners can obtain. Loser gets 100 Medallions and a Runner up badge.
    • Players that make it into the top 32 get the top 4, 8, 16, or 32 badge.
    • Top 4 Battles and the final battle are watchable in real time to everyone.
    • You will be able to replay the battles of the top 4 players from top 128 to their final battle.
    • Energy cannot be used in battles to ensure fair play.
    • You will be able to replay all of your battles.
    • Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified from tournaments for 1 year.
    • If the tournament winner is caught cheating in either the final battle or any other battle, the rewards will be seized to the runner up.

Club Modes: Special Game rules for Players whom have purchased a membership:
    • Global Club Rules
      • Random Quadrio (20% Chance) (25% Defensive)
      • Play With Fire (20% Chance) (25% Defensive)
        • Does not double income. Only sends bloons to both sides.
      • Speed (20% Chance) (25% Defensive)
      • Mega Boost (10% Chance) (10% Defensive)
        • Get a free upgrade for the most upgraded path on all towers on the field up to 3 times. Does not work for 5th upgrade paths, 4th upgrade paths for banana farms, or anything $50,000+
      • Fortified Madness (10% Chance) (10% Defensive)
        • All Lead and Ceramic bloons are fortified (Does not apply to children of Moabs, and sending Bloons). Moabs naturally have a 5% chance to spawn fortified (is evenly distributed to both players)
      • Bloonsday (10% Chance) (5% Defensive)
        • All natural bloons are 1 rank up (Max ZOMG. Does not apply to bloon sends)
        • Black and White Bloons Become Purple, Purple Bloons Become Zebra, and Lead Bloons Receive Fortified Status
    • Assault / Card Battles Only
      • Bananza (10% Chance)
        • Randomly get a 30-70% income boost. Applies to Banana Farms, Cash Abilities, and Bloon Sending
    • Multiple Club Rules
      • 10% Chance of 2 Club Rules in effect. (upgradable to 15-30%)
      • 2% Chance of 3 Club Rules in effect. (upgradable to 3-6%)
      • Fortified Madness and Bloonsday are incompatible with each other. Exception: Fortified Bloonsday Bananza and Fortified Bloonsday Boosts
      • Players are given the option to spend energy to increase the chances of receiving Multiple Club rules.
    • Misc.
      • Players get 1 free Club access token a day. Are not stackable for inactivity.

Energy Usage
    • Players get 20 energy by default and the energy regeneration cap is 20.
    • The regeneration cap is increased by 1 for every 50 battles played (disconnects don't count, must play until the end of the match. Max cap is 100).
    • 1 Energy replenishes every 15 minutes (upgradable to 5 minutes via in-app purchase)
    • The following is what energy is used for:
      • Cost 1 Energy per game (includes Club games)
      • 5th random tower costs 1 Energy for first roll, 3 Energy for additional rolls (Max 5. 1 in tournaments)
      • Cost 2 Energy to skip a map (max 2 usages for 2 players, 1 usage for 3/4 players and 1 usage for tournaments)
      • Cost 2 Energy to spy on your opponent (3 Energy for 3 player game, and 4 Energy for 4 player game. Not available in tournaments)
      • Cost 1 Energy to increase the chances of 2 Club Rules by 5%, and 3 Club Rules by 1%. Can only be used once. Stack-able when your opponent(s) use it.
      • Cost 10 Energy to join a tournament (5 for Club members). Tournaments are free of energy usage, aside from the tournament entry
    • Earn 1 Energy for watching an ad (Limited use. Does not reset energy regeneration timer)

Medallian Usage
    • Use medallions to purchase towers and tower upgrades
    • Use medallions to purchase bloons and skins
    • The following have specific medallion costs:
      • Cost 200 Medallions to get 50 energy (does not increase max regeneration cap)
      • Cost 50 Medallions to join a tournament
      • Cost 50 Medallions to get a club access token
    • The following are ways to earn medallions:
      • Earn 5 Medallions for winning a game.
      • Earn 2 Medallions for losing a game.

Store
    • Store can be used to purchase the following:
      • Additional energy
      • Additional medallions
      • Instant tower upgrades (permanent)
      • Special Skins (permanent)
      • Special Decal (permanent)
      • Removing Ads (permanent)
      • Club Access (permanent)
      • Faster energy replenishment (permanent)

​​​​​​Miscellaneous
    • Players will get to choose whether they prefer a 2/3/4 player battle, strictly want a 2/3/4 player battle, or not care at all. 2 Player battles are default, meaning most of the time you will get a 2 player battle, unless you set it to strictly 3/4 player battle.
    • Players will get to select 4 towers instead of 3.
    • No more overpowered medallion rewards or Cluttered Battle Rooms. Just 6 Simple options to choose from!
    • Custom anti-cheat system that renders cheating useless. Players whom bypass this can be reported and receive a punishment. Players who reported a player that has received a punishment will receive 10 medallions.
    • Chat with your fellow players by sending them messages up to 50 characters in length before, during, and after battle!
      • Players are given the option to toggle a profanity filter
      • Reporting a player also reports chat logs
      • You have the option to disable messaging, and ignore certain players
    • Players whom have been punished for cheating lose their selection of game modes. They will only get to play assault mode (no club access) with other cheaters until their punishment is up. They will not get matched up with non-punished players.
    • Side effects of being punished for cheating include:
      • Double energy costs for battles
      • Winner gets 1 Medallion. Loser gets none.
      • Energy regenerated at half the rate (30 minutes. Faster energy replenishment is disabled)
      • You get a Shameful badge on your profile that tells the world you have cheated at least once throughout the games life span.
      • In the case of manipulating your Medallions, Energy, Score, etc. those will be wiped and reset to zero.
      • Playing Battles while punished does not count towards any records.
    • Being punished for foul chatting will result in losing your chatting privileges for either a certain period of time, or permanent.
    • Specially written codec that prevents programs from modifying game stats (e.g. Medallions, Energy, In-Game Money), and special detection of unauthorized mod apks.

So yeah. Let me know what you think of it.
    Last edited by Bloonuminati; 21-07-18, 11:31 PM.

1.Cross Platform
    Im very sure that Cross Platform will never be possible for any NK Game ever as Web and Mobile Games Versions are always completely different from each other and not connected as far as i know.

2.Offline Mode
    I guess you would always still would need an internet connection so not really offline but something like Sandbox Mode might go

3.More than 2 Players
    That seems troublesome but in SAS4 4 at same time go too so theoretically it might be possible i guess but an other question would be about that 3 against 1 option as i guess if then only 2 vs. 2 for various reasons.

4.Chat Function
    Chats have way too much downsides in my eyes (i have seen and heard of bad stuff in SAS4 Multiplayer Web Chat and BTD5 Web Coop that most cant even imagine)

5.Cheaters
    In my eyes Cheaters should just get banned always (and most permanent) as even though you wrote many negative punishments for them that still seems not hard enough.

PS.:
    About the other stuff i cant say anything but most sounds right and possible to me though thats one of the best and most logical concept posts i have seen ever as nearly no one puts even half as much work in it sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by pappenreiter View Post
      1.Cross Platform
      Im very sure that Cross Platform will never be possible for any NK Game ever as Web and Mobile Games Versions are always completely different from each other and not connected as far as i know.
      I think the OP means Mobile/Steam which is already possible.
      I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

1.Cross Platform

2.Offline Mode
        I guess you would always still would need an internet connection so not really offline but something like Sandbox Mode might go

3.More than 2 Players
        That seems troublesome but in SAS4 4 at same time go too so theoretically it might be possible i guess but an other question would be about that 3 against 1 option as i guess if then only 2 vs. 2 for various reasons.

4.Chat Function
        Chats have way too much downsides in my eyes (i have seen and heard of bad stuff in SAS4 Multiplayer Web Chat and BTD5 Web Coop that most cant even imagine)

5.Cheaters
        In my eyes Cheaters should just get banned always (and most permanent) as even though you wrote many negative punishments for them that still seems not hard enough.

PS.:
        About the other stuff i cant say anything but most sounds right and possible to me though thats one of the best and most logical concept posts i have seen ever as nearly no one puts even half as much work in it sadly.
        3. Which is why bloons get sent to all players (except the attacker itself) and not 3 players targeting 1 player. 2v2 could also be possible too. Either 2v2 or no teams at all. 4. That's why you are given the option to filter profanity, and disable chat / ignore users. I personally don't chat myself, but I find it useful to help out newbies when I want a late game. 5. I believe that people should get one more chance, but if they blow it, they're gone for good. People can disagree with this, and its okay if people do.
        Last edited by Bloonuminati; 20-07-18, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloonuminati View Post

3. Which is why bloons get sent to all players (except the attacker itself) and not 3 players targeting 1 player. 2v2 could also be possible too. Either 2v2 or no teams at all. 4. That's why you are given the option to filter profanity, and disable chat / ignore users. I personally don't chat myself, but I find it useful to help out newbies when I want a late game. 5. I believe that people should get one more chance, but if they blow it, they're gone for good. People can disagree with this, and its okay if people do.
          MORE THAN 2 PLAYERS
          More than 2 is harder to program thats why it might be troublesome as i can imagine additional problems as its an so different concept as 1 vs 1

CHAT
          Turning chat off is possible in SAS4 Flash too but it would still be better to completely remove that in my eyes and yes i also compared positive things like what you said with negative things of a chat but the negative a were more.

Though if a chat then it should be like 1 or more of these 3 things:
          1. Exists only in private matches never in random
          2. Unlocks 3-7 days or so after game is started the 1st time
          3. Unlocks after a specific goal is reached (one that isnt doable too easy or fast but also not too hard or very long)

CHAT FILTERS
          In BTD5 Flash Coop the Filter often dont blocks "bad" words while often blocking "good" or harmless words as its enough already when an word has an "a" with 2 "s" after the "a" to get censored but on the other hand you need that "detect word in word function" as else people just add letters or signs to pass the filter so programming an good filter seems already be troublesome.

CHEATERS/HACKERS
          In my eyes an 2nd chance should always come with the punishment to have to wait at least 1 year to get the 2nd chance as as those people are hopefully more mature then.

Comment

MORE THAN 2 PLAYERS
            More than 2 is harder to program thats why it might be troublesome as i can imagine additional problems as its an so different concept as 1 vs 1

CHAT
            Turning chat off is possible in SAS4 Flash too but it would still be better to completely remove that in my eyes and yes i also compared positive things like what you said with negative things of a chat but the negative a were more.

Though if a chat then it should be like 1 or more of these 3 things:
            1. Exists only in private matches never in random
            2. Unlocks 3-7 days or so after game is started the 1st time
            3. Unlocks after a specific goal is reached (one that isnt doable too easy or fast but also not too hard or very long)

CHAT FILTERS
            In BTD5 Flash Coop the Filter often dont blocks "bad" words while often blocking "good" or harmless words as its enough already when an word has an "a" with 2 "s" after the "a" to get censored but on the other hand you need that "detect word in word function" as else people just add letters or signs to pass the filter so programming an good filter seems already be troublesome.

CHEATERS/HACKERS
            In my eyes an 2nd chance should always come with the punishment to have to wait at least 1 year to get the 2nd chance as as those people are hopefully more mature then.
            1. Nothings impossible! It can happen. But its okay if its 1v1 only like the original BTD Battles.
            2. I really don't care if chat gets implemented or not. The web version has it. I just find it useful to help noobs.
            3. You're right about that. But they should also implement code that prevents modifications of the apk/ipa or in-game.

Comment

I think the BTDB2's main gameplay structure in the minigames should be exactly like BTDB1, but the leaderboards and player selection should be more like the Clash Royale structure. As for visual design, I am not sure, because I can't really seem to figure out how to upload images to the Ninja Kiwi Forums.
              If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Ninja Kiwi just implemented a similar tournament system for the Original Bloons TD Battles that I proposed here for a new version of the game.

Called it!

Comment

I really do not like the idea of luck mattering in defensive mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterborne View Post
                    I really do not like the idea of luck mattering in defensive mode.
                    The whole purpose of this concept is sometimes you have to work with less money to hold out the longest, and sometimes you get an overpowering amount meaning really long games. That way, sometimes you will have to value your money more than other times.

Comment

We could really use a chat system. I like to troll my opponent scaring him with bloon send threats, but really don't send him bloons.

Comment

Battles 2 sounds great, but have you ever thought of a BMC 2?
                        Join the NEW Bloons World YT and Twitch channels!
                        Youtube Channel Twitch

Come and join the new discord community for all things Bloon!

Welcome, to Bloons World!

Comment

Originally posted by Scootaloo View Post
                          Battles 2 sounds great, but have you ever thought of a BMC 2?
                          I did. That's going to happen too, most likely after BTDB2.

For BMC2, I think they should make it more challenging and exciting. The original BMC gets quite boring as claiming titles gets repetitive and kinda tend to lose interest overtime.

I might make a concept thread for that game too, but not until I hear any news about a BTDB sequal.

Comment

Hello,

my question is what do I have to buy in order to stop my opponents monkeys to freeze and stop firing?

Comment

Originally posted by mediguy91 View Post
                              Hello,

my question is what do I have to buy in order to stop my opponents monkeys to freeze and stop firing?
                              Monkey chill in mobile card battles.
                              I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Working...
                              X