Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Flash games after 2020?

Hi guys,
    Just a question that hasn't been answered yet or i don't know, (Flash is getting disabled in 2020, and NK has stopped updating most of the games on Web and are working on mobile mostly, I keep wondering will the games work after flash is disabled? or will they vanish into thin air and nothing will remain? Will we lose all our progress and the time we spent?
    From what I've heard there won't be a transfer for any of the games, so id suppose the games are safe? but sadly that ain't the case it seems.
    Would be cool if a transfer would be possible, I mean how long does it take? 2-3 weeks?
    Over the years I've made many friends here and tbh, the games keep us together and id hate to lose all that.
    Either way, I don't see a point in playing if all my progress is going to vanish, and I think most would say the same.

I hope that a solution can be found to keep existing games alive and playable after 2020. It would be a shame for new people not to be able to play all those great games we had the opportunity to play.
    Since there is still time until then I hope NK is starting to think and work on a solution for this problem and by the time 2020 has come around all is safe and moved to something else and still workable. If a move is made now and it does not work, there is still the fallback option and time to perfect the new solution.
    We already see a non playable game in Fortress Destroyer for a lot of people - I am one of them - can't get this going and this makes me truly sad. I hope that once BTD 6 is out, work can be done to get this game working again and keep everything else safe at the same time. (BTD 6 looks amazing - hope we can get a desktop/laptop version as well)
    I hope all the other games don't follow this same pathway
    Last edited by Kopatcheka; 03-06-18, 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    NK: Rank 51 (King of Masters)
    Leaderboard: 41st
    AP:

Comment

I did ask something along these lines on the blog a while back, and it was answered, albeit vaguely. The point is that they do want to keep supporting the games, but are too focussed on BTD6 and BATTD, so maybe try asking again when they're both released.
      Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
      BTD5 stuff: DC archive
      BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
      SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
      Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

Thanks Topper I appreciate your answer, but a more definite date would be really nice.
        I know I have also asked NK Support directly for help and got an answer from Aaron.
        The question is will we get help after BTD 6 mobile version or do we have to wait till a computer version is on the market?
        I still have games I can play and win AP, but I would like new people to have this same chance when they find NK sometimes in the future.
        NK: Rank 51 (King of Masters)
        Leaderboard: 41st
        AP:

Comment

Lovepreet and Kopatcheka, I agree with you both.
          I think NK owes us, the most dedicated players from the start, an answer and a solution.
          I think NK has no idea how many webplayers are dedicated to the NK games and made friends all over the world, because of playing this NK games.
          Really, this means a lot to us, NK!
          Please, listen to your original members, the ones that made NK great!
          We all know that every company has the tools to make changes so the webgames can continue.
          You know that as well.
          The question is, is NK gonna make that choice for the most dedicated players!
          Please......do!

Comment

Nearly all players cant play sas4 anymore on the moment due the latest flash player update ver 30 so there we found a downgrade solution and that method will work even after 2020 as SAS4 wont be changed anymore and browser and flash player updates can be prevented (at the 1st page i posted an screenshot where you can see that i can play SAS4 still even though firefox and its flash dont got updated by me since over 18 months and the game works still while on page 2 i posted an solution for chrome):

http://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/ma...es-not-loading

Comment

Well, it has a very simple solution about it, just use old browsers, so Flash Player will never die. Alias, I'm forced to use the "Slimjet browser" to play "Tower Keepers", because in "Google Chrome" and other "similar clones, which only copy the browser badly Google" deactivated an existing extension in "WebGL" which makes gaming IMPOSSIBLE load on my PC.

Comment

You call yourselves "Long term" players, then ask IF NK is going to do the right thing for its player base? Keep drinking the Kool Aid. NK was SELLING NK coins, Weapons, BB, Cores and everything else it could right up to the last second. Knowing full well that SAS4 would no longer be playable. And without notifying the Player base of that fact. AND before that selling those Items, after no longer suppporting the game. The answer youre looking for was Made in 2016...When NK said it would no longer Support SAS4.
                THIS is why i dont spend money on web games, developers have literally have no respect for its player base.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMonkey702157 View Post
                  You call yourselves "Long term" players, then ask IF NK is going to do the right thing for its player base? Keep drinking the Kool Aid. NK was SELLING NK coins, Weapons, BB, Cores and everything else it could right up to the last second. Knowing full well that SAS4 would no longer be playable. And without notifying the Player base of that fact. AND before that selling those Items, after no longer suppporting the game. The answer youre looking for was Made in 2016...When NK said it would no longer Support SAS4.
                  THIS is why i dont spend money on web games, developers have literally have no respect for its player base.
                  "Knowing full well that SAS4 would no longer be playable"? You're just making that up but OK.

We're looking into a fix for it and the game will be fixed as soon as possible. SAS4 is important enough to take that dev time away from BTD6.

We still support the game and players extensively.

We're also planning to make sure Flash games are still accessible (ideally without having to downgrade anything), though this is something we will be exploring in the years ahead leading up to Flash support being dropped.
                  Last edited by Aaron; 13-06-18, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMonkey702157 View Post
                    I'd also want to clarify that Adobe made this change without any warning to developers. It caught us just as much by surprise as it did SAS4 players. The change to Flash was to improve security and to make sure that people couldn't exploit recent CPU vulnerabilities by using Flash. Adobe decided to keep the changes secret until the patch was pushed to avoid people exploiting the issue early.

As Aaron says, we're working to resolve the issue as soon as possible without losing focus on BTD6.

Cheers,
                    Alan

Comment

SuperMonkey702157
                      As NK still tries to fix that game loading bug in sas4 suggests that they haven't given it up but even if they dont find an solution downgrading would work probably as long as NK Server and Game Files (.swf i guess) are still there and can communicate/connect to each other which i guess would always be possible even in many years.

I can imagine that NK gets most of its profit from Ads and not NK Coin selling though i dont know that for sure but it sounds logical to me especially as many dont buy NK Coins but nearly all have to see Ads.

@alanclelland
                      Is it making that for NK harder that Adobe keeps Secrets about the Patch that causes the Version 30 Loading Bug? (as i can imagine its troublesome to find the problem and fix with Adobe keeping the changes a secret)

Well actually NK should write to Adobe that they should fix it in their next update as they caused it but sadly Adobe would never do that i guess even though its their fault
                      Last edited by pappenreiter; 13-06-18, 03:56 PM. Reason: Wrote "but" isntead of "bug" and "have" instead of "haven't"

Comment

The first thing we did when we saw the issue was put an official bug into the Adobe bug tracker but it has since been closed as they will not revert the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeromie Clark
                          any advanced notification to developers would also be advanced notification to attackers
                          Adobe or that guy at least seems really stupid then or paranoid as i ont see why giving an developer with an official site like NK an advanced notification would also give advanced notification to attackers i mean they would not even have to give those informations in public they could just give it to NK per Email in private at least.
                          He and another one after him posted an link so werent the informations from those 2 links not helpful then?

Comment

Originally posted by lovepreet View Post
                            Hi guys,
                            Just a question that hasn't been answered yet or i don't know, (Flash is getting disabled in 2020, and NK has stopped updating most of the games on Web and are working on mobile mostly, I keep wondering will the games work after flash is disabled? or will they vanish into thin air and nothing will remain? Will we lose all our progress and the time we spent?
                            From what I've heard there won't be a transfer for any of the games, so id suppose the games are safe? but sadly that ain't the case it seems.
                            Would be cool if a transfer would be possible, I mean how long does it take? 2-3 weeks?
                            Over the years I've made many friends here and tbh, the games keep us together and id hate to lose all that.
                            Either way, I don't see a point in playing if all my progress is going to vanish, and I think most would say the same.
                            Aren't they just not updating Flash anymore? If yes there shouldnt be a big problem

Comment

Originally posted by Kalmer View Post

Aren't they just not updating Flash anymore? If yes there shouldnt be a big problem
                              Well Adobe might not even be able to do more than stopping the updates so its rather the browser updates if they would on purpose change their browser in a way that it dont works with any flash version anymore and even though i think most browser developers would still try to have their browser always work with latest flash except for chrome maybe where they dont care much about their users.
                              But even if browser would make problems as last option browser and flash can be kept permanentely in a downgraded version that works.
                              It would also not work if NK closes their site, deletes SAS4 from their server or do something that makes connection to the server impossible but i doubt they would do any of those things ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X