Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when did this forum as a whole become so inactive?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Since when did this forum as a whole become so inactive?

    Back when I used to regular this place (and by extension, the old archive forums) there were always 50 or so people on at a time, and you saw new posts every time you refreshed in the more populated subforums. But now, it's rare I see more than one full user active at a time, and I can check the forums hours apart and not see any new messages. I find it especially odd since another mainline Bloons TD game is just around the corner. There was more activity surrounding the releases of BTDB and Monkey City back in the day.

    Anyone else find that somewhat odd?
    I'm almost certain everybody on these forums will have forgotten who I am by now. :P
    But I'm ENM6 from the archive forums, generally minus the entire earth theme going on apparently.

  • #2
    No. What about the topics? There are many where users have not treaded the sea over months or such a year
    Avatar: DIO but shaded in (Crisis on Infinite Earths Edition)

    An error has occured. Time has stopped.

    Comment


    • #3
      It’s because of all the major forum gamers/DC players (Gamzdude, Albert, Sniper, Weegee, lla, Junior Monkey, Superbloons, Idealistic, Ori, Ed, AFN7, me to an extent...) all leaving the forums and retreating to Discord. Without all of them, 99% of the activity is just gone.
      My shameless advertising:



      Comment


      • #4
        What's the discord I wanna chat there?
        Originally posted by Nucleus
        Am I really dead when I move and eat like a living being? I must be a zombie!

        Did you know the humming bird moth exists?
        バンダナワドルディ
        I love Bandana (Waddle) Dee too much.
        Sorry Hougetsu I love you too.


        Comment


        • #5
          I'm no expert but when the latest post in the Forum Games, which is normally a really busy place, is made almost one week ago, there's gotta be something going on.
          (excluding this misplaced thread)

          island ko My best guess.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Novarius View Post
            Back when I used to regular this place (and by extension, the old archive forums) there were always 50 or so people on at a time, and you saw new posts every time you refreshed in the more populated subforums. But now, it's rare I see more than one full user active at a time, and I can check the forums hours apart and not see any new messages. I find it especially odd since another mainline Bloons TD game is just around the corner. There was more activity surrounding the releases of BTDB and Monkey City back in the day.

            Anyone else find that somewhat odd?
            alot of people don't like the new forums is my answer

            Comment


            • #7
              cant make new topic as new user

              = worse thing

              Comment


              • #8
                Also, Discord is a reeeeally good place for 24/7 discussions instead of waiting for someone to reply after a day.
                Im not a huge fan of forums, but if it works, i use it.
                How am I gonna stop some big mean MOAB from tearing through my defense? The answer: Use a Ninja, and if that don’t work, use more Ninja.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Maybe because of stupid posting rules? Inactive forum and you need 5 replies to be able to post... how can you reply when it's inactive? how can you make it active, when you can't post?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by flasht View Post
                    Maybe because of stupid posting rules? Inactive forum and you need 5 replies to be able to post... how can you reply when it's inactive? how can you make it active, when you can't post?
                    I would assume it is used to destroy spam.
                    Originally posted by Nucleus
                    Am I really dead when I move and eat like a living being? I must be a zombie!

                    Did you know the humming bird moth exists?
                    バンダナワドルディ
                    I love Bandana (Waddle) Dee too much.
                    Sorry Hougetsu I love you too.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm pretty inactive. (Don't mind my posts, that's two of them in a lifetime XD)
                      I'm assuming that it is either new forums, or posting rules, or both.
                      Sup, brothers. Is anyone here who would like to...maybe have a cup of tea with me?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by island ko View Post

                        I would assume it is used to destroy spam.
                        It is precisely for that reason.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          https://ninjakiwi.com/forums

                          I called it long ago, #MakeTheForumsGreatAgain
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------"The silent majority Stands with Trump"----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          This 11 year old has more common sense than most liberals or conservatives --> Get BTFO CNN #V.420.69.Rekt

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Being unable to create a thread without 5 posts is pretty limiting, they already have a recaptcha and new users such as myself cannot create a help thread.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              5 posts isn't much. Just go to the forum games and mess around, you should get 5 in no time.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X