Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Ended] - BTD6 "Gotta Catch 'Em All" Completion Event

BTD6 "Gotta Catch 'Em All" Completion Event
    Hello everyone To celebrate the release of BTD6, I am going to be hosting a little event here on the forums.
    It's a simple race to complete a lot of badges :P Earn all of the possible badges of one type, and you get a reward.

We have 4 simple goals for this event, each with a separate reward:
    • Complete every Track on Easy
    • ​​​​​​Complete every Track on Medium
    • ​​​​Complete every Track on Hard
    • ​​​​​​Complete every Track on Impoppable

Side Goals:

3 'extreme' side goals, which are not for the faint of heart.
    • ​​​​​​Complete every Track on Deflation (Round 60)
    • ​​​​​​Complete every Track on Apopalypse (Round 60)
    • Complete every Track on Double HP MOABs (Round 80)

For these challenges
    • The submission must be provided with clips posted youtube of the completion
    • If desired you can increase the play speed or show only the last 5 rounds
    • Upon victory ​​you must also return to the main menu to show your username

You do not have to complete all of these goals, but for every one you do complete you will receive a matching badge on your profile.
    For an example of what that may look like, take a peek at this lovely chap
    https://forums.ninjakiwi.com/member/5925-spibo

Rules for this event
    • This is a time limited event, I plan to leave it running for 4 weeks from the 14th of June (Tomorrow) until the 12th of July. However if the demand becomes too high I may be forced to end early (But I don't imagine this will happen)
    • To claim your badge leave a comment on this post with your in game name & some sort of evidence that you have completed all of the different maps for a single game mode (Screenshot or video is fine). I will be checking to make sure these claims are legitimate, so you will have to be logged in and have your save backed up to the server otherwise it will just look to me like you are faking it.
    • Try not change your name as well, otherwise I won't be able to find you to verify results
    • You can only earn each badge once
    • You don't have to claim these all at the same time

Now for some grand prize bonus rewards!
    • For every badge earned, the first 4 will receive an in game monkey money gift of 500/ 400/ 300/ 250 depending on their place.
    • The first 4 players to receive 4 unique badges will also win themselves a grand prize of 5000/ 4000/ 3000/ 2500 along with a BTD6 Master Title to go with their badges

Winners so far (In game rewards will be rolled out in waves once categories start being completed:

Easy:
    1. :naturespirit:
    2. >>warri<<
    3. Mathgodpi
    4. Kieran Ingram
    Medium:
    1. :naturespirit:
    2. Egn4hC
    3. flopoftheyear
    4. Mathgodpi
    Hard
    1. epicpig123
    2. Egn4hC
    3. :naturespirit:
    4. flopoftheyear
    Impoppable
    1. Egn4hC
    2. i love molt
    3. :naturespirit:
    4. HerrHornking
    Deflation
    1. Egn4hC
    2. naturespirit
    3. 3vilN355
    4. TheBestOfBest
    Apopalypse
    1. Egn4hC
    2. TheBestOfBest
    Double HP MOABs
    1. Egn4hC
    2. TheBestOfBest
    Grandmasters
    1. Egn4hC
    2. :naturespirit:
    3. i love molt
    4. Hornking

Try share this post around the place to drum up some interest if you feel like this would be cool, and if the idea is popular maybe I'll try to do more fun community events like this in future.
    Last edited by Rohan Sharpe Anforth; 19-07-18, 12:02 AM.
    No badgers were harmed in the making of this forum. Most likely. I'm like, 75% sure. But don't quote me on that or I'll have to harm a badger.

Ohey that me

Comment

Game on! I hope there are more competitions like this because it looks fun!

Comment

I'll get this news spread to the folks at Bloons World!

Love bloons and want a chill server to Kongregate in? Join Bloons World! Over one THOUSAND members strong and growing strong!! https://discord.gg/Detpg2N

Comment

Looks fun!!

Comment

Does this also include the additional modes like CHIMPS?
            I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
              Does this also include the additional modes like CHIMPS?
              You must beat Easy, Normal, Hard, and Impoppable in ALL maps. So no, doesn't include CHIMPS.

Love bloons and want a chill server to Kongregate in? Join Bloons World! Over one THOUSAND members strong and growing strong!! https://discord.gg/Detpg2N

Comment

They will all be separate
                You could win an Easy badge without needing to get all the others
                No badgers were harmed in the making of this forum. Most likely. I'm like, 75% sure. But don't quote me on that or I'll have to harm a badger.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohan Sharpe Anforth View Post
                  They will all be separate
                  You could win an Easy badge without needing to get all the others
                  As long as you beat all maps on Easy, right? And we only get prize for doing it all?

Comment

What time frame do we have to do this? And how many winners are possible? Thanks in advance for the answers.
                    (Type something here...............)

Comment

Would we be competing against other people, or just against the clock? I personally would prefer unlimited winners as long as you get it before a certain deadline. Because there is no way I will be able to out grind all these kids on their summer vacations with unlimited free time. If it's "First X people to finish", I probably won't have much motivation to try.

Edit: Kinda Ninja'd. Oh well
                      This is my signature

Comment

Well, my plan is basically to allow 3-4 weeks at this point.
                        But, if there is a HUGE number of people (like, 75+ which I think is unlikely) I might cut it off after 2 weeks instead

I'll update this post later tonight with my final decision

Comment

Originally posted by onlinegamer321 View Post
                          Would we be competing against other people, or just against the clock? I personally would prefer unlimited winners as long as you get it before a certain deadline. Because there is no way I will be able to out grind all these kids on their summer vacations with unlimited free time. If it's "First X people to finish", I probably won't have much motivation to try.

Edit: Kinda Ninja'd. Oh well
                          You will lose the motivation to do so if You realize that if You will beat all the tracks within 1 day, You won't have a reason to play the game the next day .

I hope this game will come out early Thursday, so I even will be able to play it. Otherwise I will be able to play it Saturday at soonest, so not much time to complete all the difficulties.

Comment

For the side goals do we have to post the full gameplay for all 20 maps to youtube? If so that’s going to be very tedious .
                            (Type something here...............)

Comment

Originally posted by naturespirit View Post
                              For the side goals do we have to post the full gameplay for all 20 maps to youtube? If so that’s going to be very tedious .
                              I realized those ones are just a bit awkward to verify unfortunately
                              Might just scrap them completely from the list.
                              But, if you can show the last 5 rounds then return to the main menu to show your account name that's probably fine.
                              I'll make a final decision there tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X