No announcement yet.

BTD: Battles Discussion of the General Variety Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish Ninja Kiwi would accept more tutorials or good educative content on their website for once.

Comment

These are my comments on the various towers. My 2 cents.

Dart Monkey

Nearly useless for early game because it is expensive relative to the power it has and juggernaut doesn't fire fast enough. Could be made cheaper to make it more balanced. For late game, it is nearly useless except for the Juggernaut fan club trick. The Juggernaut fan club could be made a standard feature so you didn't have to buy/resell to make it happen. If you have a juggernaut in the group, it should go super-speed instead of being ignored. That would make the dart monkey much more useful in later game as some other towers are (boat can grab BFB, etc.). Would make the juggernaut fire faster, the other side upgrade cheaper and would make juggernaut fan club a standard feature.

Wizard

Fun tower to play. A little expensive relative to power in early game. In late game, the phoenix is fun to use. The phoenix should circle faster, though. It isn't great for early game but it can hit camo leads without needing a mortar or village which is a nice feature. Would only change the speed the phoenix flies.

Mortar

Wouldn't change it. It isn't a main tower, it is a tower to mix with others. Has a lot of nice features that work with other towers.

Ninja

Wouldn't change it except the slow-the-moab feature doesn't seem to really work past a certain round with moabs that come out of a BFB. The BFB breaks, the moabs come out at normal speed and even hitting two ninja slow-mos at that point doesn't slow them down. If that was fixed, it seems like it would be more balanced.

Cannon

Wouldn't change it. Has nice features.

Dartling

The upgrades to higher tiers are too expensive for what you get. Even with the 6K/7K upgrades, it has a hard time popping one moab. Compare that to other towers. Nightmare to play anyway because you have to keep it aimed while you are doing things. I wouldn't change that but you should get more for cheaper to make up for that.

Boomer

Good tower for early game. Falls apart in later game. Would be nice if Glaive lords did more damage because if you do a random load out and you end up with cannon, farm, boomer and glue the only thing that can hit camo is boomer and the glaive lord upgrade is expensive and can't even handle a simple camo rush so you are toast. Also, if they did some damage to moabs, would be better for later game. Would make those 2 changes.

Spike Factory

Wouldn't change it

Glue

Glue is only good for handling things like RR rushes. Bad for early game, bad for late game. If they stripped camos of camo, it would make it useful for early game and interesting to play with. Then if you got stuck with glue/boomer/farm/cannon you could use glue to strip camo and boomer to take out rushes. It is a shame because they are a great combo tower which is what makes the game interesting but nobody uses it because it is really under-powered. I used to use it but with the other changes (to ice) it became useless for almost all strategies in later game and misses too many balloons to be very useful in early game because of its speed.

Ice

Ice is another great combo tower but the whole thing with timing makes it really hard to play. The timing appears to depend on when you place it on the screen, it seems when you place it is when the pop interval timing starts. So, if you place an ice tower when another ice tower pops, both towers will pop at the same time. Not sure if the sync works well between players either because I can see other players leak when they don't lose points. To fix this, I would start the timer of each newly placed ice at an offset from the last placed ice. So, if you placed two ice next to each other, the second would start popping at an interval of the first one plus 1 second or something. If the ice pop interval is 3 seconds, each ice you place should be start the pop timing 1 second after the previous one, so with 3 ice, you'd have one pop each second. The timing also changes during the game so you can get 2 or 3 ice popping at the same time and balloons just scoot by all of them. Secondly, ice was nerfed so that shards couldn't hit frozen balloons or something and I think that was a mistake but that's my opinion. Power seemed file before that.

The Plane, The Plane

This used to be the OP tower. Nobody really uses it any more. Higher level upgrades are too expensive. Since the games don't last as long, the tower isn't as useful. If the higher level upgrades were cheaper, it would be more useful. Also, it should fly faster and in a tighter circle to make it more useful.

Boat

Good for early game. Decent for late game. I think the boat upgrade with all the little planes makes a mess on the screen when you have a lot of them, if the boat had a darling gun type cannon on it, might make it easier on the game. Before that upgrade, it is shooting like a dartling just changing it to more of a auto-firing darling instead of switching to little planes might make it more useful in later game.

Sniper

Completely useless for early and late game. Shoots too slow for early game, terrible in late game. The shoot-and-slow the moab feature is pretty useless because when you have 2 moabs, it slows the first one and the second (or others) get through no matter how you target. I'd just get rid of that and change it to something else, a more powerful hit probably. The only thing it is good for is ceramic rushes (or other high powered balloons) in semi-early game.

Village

Wouldn't change it

Supermonkey

Is underpowered for late game. I can beat cannon, supermonkey, village and ninja with other towers in late game even if they upgrade to temple because supermonkey is just underpowered even with full upgrades. Cost is fine. Temple should be more powerful and it the top tier upgrade should be more powerful in general.

Farm

Wouldn't change it

Many people use ninja + cannon as their core towers to get to late game. Cannon for moabs and ninja to clean up (ninja is good against ceramics). The combos are what make the game interesting, getting wizard, boomer, sniper, glue and others fixed would allows others to come up with other combos that work as well as that core. I personally don't use the cannon/ninja combo because I find it boring to play but other combos I come up with are limited by the above so, although there are some options for things that work from early to late game, there aren't that many because of some of the above issues.

Comment

I'm having a problem with my game. Everytime i close the tab, my Battlescore resets to 0. Help?

Comment

Originally posted by Plesedonotshoot View Post
          I'm having a problem with my game. Everytime i close the tab, my Battlescore resets to 0. Help?
          Wins and losses aren't saving in Battles web at the moment (for any player). We don't have an estimate on when that will be fixed sorry.

Comment

Private Battles is good engough but must have something like Skype, BTD battles Skype chatroom (unfortunately can't access), Discord, or my BTD battles discord Chatroom (Look at my signigture, and make sure you have a discord account.)
            I hope you use discord, because all the discord servers I go to is here so see ya there.

Comment

hmm flash is a great game. Its really sad to see it dying. I wonder how long nk will hold up the servers. Hopefully for a long time to come. You have to accept the fact that flash will never be updated.
              Stick a knife in a toaster it will be fun they said.

Comment

Well, there still is a lot of experimentation in the meta, but that's about it. Here are some things to find out: Better bloonjitsu spots on A-game and maybe zen, better strategies for r4 on ink, and ace strats, among others. Also if you stick a knife in a toaster you will guarenteed win the next 100 battles you play.

Comment

ink r4 u can prevent leaking if you use a 3-1 tack and micro ur mortar properly. A-game, there are spots that can solo all in ceramics. Nobody uses a jitsu on zen, sprayers and ninjas on strong are more reliable. Ace is nearly unusable and there is no point of it. Ground zero is over priced for what it does and it has no upgrades that are worth it. Also are u in koth?

Comment

Originally posted by Sixth Affiliate View Post
                    ink r4 u can prevent leaking if you use a 3-1 tack and micro ur mortar properly. A-game, there are spots that can solo all in ceramics. Nobody uses a jitsu on zen, sprayers and ninjas on strong are more reliable. Ace is nearly unusable and there is no point of it. Ground zero is over priced for what it does and it has no upgrades that are worth it. Also are u in koth?

Wait they found a better r18 defense than sprayer, jitsu and maelstrom :O
                    I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

Since when do you need a 3/1? I always thought it was a 3/0 tack sprayer on Ink.
                      Alice doesn't deserve Smef.
                      Subscroob to my YT channel if you want, don't blame me if you recieve trash quality content. I warned you :
                      Also friend me on NK :

Comment

Originally posted by ADragon View Post
                        Since when do you need a 3/1? I always thought it was a 3/0 tack sprayer on Ink.

3/0 might not always shoot since it doesn't see the bottom part of the tack causing you to leak a few here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by ADragon View Post
                          3/0 is useable, but it leaks so much that it's worth it to buy the more reliable 3/1.
                          "Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something" -Plato

Comment

battles scrub. What is this new defense for r18?

Comment

battles scrub. What is this new defense for r18?

I don't know. That's why I asked.

Comment

Because of the forum migration, it's been difficult to keep track of Battles. I was just wondering if the saving glitch and 0/0 glitch on battles flash have been fixed yet. Anyone know about this?
                                Why are you reading my signature?

Comment

Working...
                                X