Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Tournament (view this thread for Info)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Web Summer Tournament (view this thread for Info)

    if your that kind of person who likes to play games over the summer, then join this tournament. All of the info is located here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...8QFpj9QqXT5BkM

    64 members in the tournament max, so Sign-Up will be closed on July 4, 2016. If not 40-64 members yet, the Sign-Up will go OverTime with an additional 1 week. And so on.

    Sign-Up https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Gz4...L0T1M/viewform
    Post here if you have any questions
    Last edited by Can I Log In; 01-07-16, 04:10 AM.
    I hope you use discord, because all the discord servers I go to is here so see ya there.

  • #2
    Sounds cool, but when I open the link to the sign up form, it just takes me back to the info sheet.
    yes

    Comment


    • #3
      July 4th and 64 members... Once I had 300 subscribers I wasn't even able to get 64 participants in three weeks. I got stuck at 48 I believe.

      I wish you the best luck collecting 64 participants in one week while hosting the tournament in a good way.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dude00000000001 View Post
        Sounds cool, but when I open the link to the sign up form, it just takes me back to the info sheet.
        semms like I need to fix it.
        Edit: It's here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Gz4...L0T1M/viewform

        Originally posted by KRooijackers View Post
        July 4th and 64 members... Once I had 300 subscribers I wasn't even able to get 64 participants in three weeks. I got stuck at 48 I believe.

        I wish you the best luck collecting 64 participants in one week while hosting the tournament in a good way.
        Maybe advertise in my signigture?
        I hope you use discord, because all the discord servers I go to is here so see ya there.

        Comment


        • #5
          just wanted to add to Kevins comment on it. Koth the biggest btdb tourney only has around 45 players. Nothing even close to 64. 64 is a very unrealistic number. I think maybe 20 tops, even that is stretching it though. Also how will this tournament work? Will it be a Koth style tourney or more like a soccer/single elimination.
          Stick a knife in a toaster it will be fun they said.

          Comment


          • #6
            oops forgot to mention. There is no hm? its summer, not all of us have laptops for vacation lol
            Stick a knife in a toaster it will be fun they said.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sixth Affiliate View Post
              just wanted to add to Kevins comment on it. Koth the biggest btdb tourney only has around 45 players. Nothing even close to 64. 64 is a very unrealistic number. I think maybe 20 tops, even that is stretching it though. Also how will this tournament work? Will it be a Koth style tourney or more like a soccer/single elimination.
              Close to a combo of KOTH, and Football. Also, if needed, k will reduce it to like 40.
              I hope you use discord, because all the discord servers I go to is here so see ya there.

              Comment


              • #8
                As organized of a tournament this seems (and I applaud your effort for this), I doubt that it'll be successful. At the rate of people commenting on this thread it seems like you'll only get about 16 players if you're lucky. Not only that, but successful tournaments really should have only one way to communicate. If a player who only uses Skype gets matched up with a player who only uses Discord, you'll have problems. And one bracket being unable to play can mess up the entire tourney (trust me, I've had experience with this). The main issue, though, is the community itself. This game targets towards mostly younger kids, and for the most part, younger kids aren't responsible enough to manage their own time and battles. For the last tournament I had, about 2/3 were part of KOTH while 1/3 was not, and most of the KOTH players played their games while most of the other 1/3 never showed up after signing up. Once again, I praise you for attempting to organize this fun event, but I won't be surprised if this doesn't turn out well. I wish you the best of luck.
                Why are you reading my signature?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ngue02 View Post
                  As organized of a tournament this seems (and I applaud your effort for this), I doubt that it'll be successful. At the rate of people commenting on this thread it seems like you'll only get about 16 players if you're lucky. Not only that, but successful tournaments really should have only one way to communicate. If a player who only uses Skype gets matched up with a player who only uses Discord, you'll have problems. And one bracket being unable to play can mess up the entire tourney (trust me, I've had experience with this). The main issue, though, is the community itself. This game targets towards mostly younger kids, and for the most part, younger kids aren't responsible enough to manage their own time and battles. For the last tournament I had, about 2/3 were part of KOTH while 1/3 was not, and most of the KOTH players played their games while most of the other 1/3 never showed up after signing up. Once again, I praise you for attempting to organize this fun event, but I won't be surprised if this doesn't turn out well. I wish you the best of luck.
                  Thanks Har N but here's the thing, I would do between 40-64. If not even close to 40, then it goes overtime. And so on. Thanks for that.
                  I hope you use discord, because all the discord servers I go to is here so see ya there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would suggest reducing the tournament size to perhaps 8-16 people. That way it's much quicker and easier, and has an actual chance of succeeding.
                    Alice doesn't deserve Smef.
                    Subscroob to my YT channel if you want, don't blame me if you recieve trash quality content. I warned you :
                    Also friend me on NK :

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X