12th/13th September 2018 AC - Going 'Round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12th/13th September 2018 AC - Going 'Round

Gah, I can't remember the name, but I know everything about this challenge otherwise.

Boomerangs and Monkey Aces on Logs, CHIMPS mode Rounds 6-100, with normal cash and normal lives, as well as no limit to the amount of towers and no bloon modifying.
    If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

I can't beat the first ddt round, I have 4 spectres with spy plane perk. What the heck

Comment

Guide:
      0-0 boomer in the bottom of the square to the left of the water
      second 0-0 boomer above it to 2-1
      0-3-0 ace (yes this pops all the leads but get lead detection on other boomer if you don't trust me)
      boomer to 3-1
      0-2-0 ace -> 4-2-0
      0-2-4 ace
      spectre lasts a while (not sure about post update) then get sky shredder
      two more spectres
      3 ground zeros - these are necessary for the DDT rounds and probably help on the others
      more spectres

Comment

Originally posted by KenOatg View Post
        I can't beat the first ddt round, I have 4 spectres with spy plane perk. What the heck
        Specters shoot bombs and darts. DDT has black and lead protection so they won't work. Your options are Glaive Lord, Sky Shredder, and 4+ Middle Path Aces

My strategy required starting with a 0/1/1 Boomerang, and getting a 0/2/1 before Round 10, and getting an Ace by Round 11. Then quickly rush a Lots More Spy Place before buying another Ace to get a Spy Place Neva-Miss. Upgrade Boom to Kylie for the leads past Round 35 and get a Fighter Plane for Round 40. You should get an ODS for 41-50 and get a Spectre before Round 59 (Earliest I've gotten mine was middle of 51, but Round 50 is definitely possible). After that, I saved up for a GZ since Spectre can handle the rest of the Hard Mode rounds and the GZ helps for Round 82. I can't remember when I was able to afford a Tsar Bomba, but I got it before I got a second GZ which I would NOT recommend. After that, I spammed Turbo Charges to help with Fortified Ceramics (I think I had 7 by the time I won), and saved my Tsar Bombas for 95, 97 (Beginning I believe), 98 (Before the ZOMGs lost 1000 HP so that they would last long enough for my abilities to come back), 99, and 100 (Three times. The third time being after the ZOMGs became BFBs).

The challenge is possible with more GZs and no Tsar Bombas, but it gets harder to tell when you should conserve them or use them at your leisure
        Last edited by Zario777; 14-09-18, 04:13 AM.

Comment

I was thinking the only way to beat this was to save up 129,000 bananas and get the flying fortress of doom lol. I was stuck at the first DDT round to - I thought Spectres would damage them but they do not.

The 5th tier Monkey ace CAN however pop DDTs, but good luck saving up 129,000 for round 90. I managed to save 75,000 at round 86 but always leaked before saving enough

Comment

I put my Permacharge at left of the bottom part of the lake. That totally saved my butt so many times against those Ceramics, urrgh.

Here's my guide for Rounds 6-80:
            • Get a Boomerang Thrower with Improved Rangs at the left top side (not top-left) side of the lake.
            • Get another Boomerang Thrower at the left bottom (not bottom-left) side of the lake.
            • Get Fast Throwing and Faster Rangs for the Boomerangs, eventually. Both Boomerang Throwers must have both Path 1 and Path 2; no Path 3 for these ones.
            • Get a Monkey Ace and upgrade to Spy Plane. Put base onto top-right of the square to the right of the lake.
            • Get that Monkey Ace to Rapid Fire and Bomber Ace. Do it by Round 28 Leads.
            • Aim to get both Boomerangs to Bionic Boomer.
            • Get a Red Hot Rangs for a new Boomerang Thrower on the left side of the right rectangle that is to the right of the lake, which will be more reliable against filthy Leads.
            • Purchase towards camo-detecting Fighter Plane ASAP before Round 40. Place in a good optimal spot where the most darts can reach and where Pineapples can fit the best.
            • Get Kylie for the Red Hot Rangs Boomerang and then MOAB Press.
            • Upgrade Fighter Plane to Operation Dartstorm.
            • Get just one more Operation Dartstorm, or perhaps a few more.
            • Get more Bomber Planes along the right, in preparation for Ground Zeroes later.
            • Get a Turbo Charge for the lower Bionic Boomer in case of any potential issues with defense.
            • Get a MOAR Glaives with Faster Rangs (optional). Hopefully Round 63 would be not too much an issue,
            • Get a few more Operation Dartstorms if necessary. But start saving for a Permacharge.
            • By Round 75, get a Ground Zero. Bomb the Round 76 Ceramics. Bomb the Round 78 first Ceramics and Camo Ceramics. Don't worry because you'll have enough time to let the cooldown pass so that it can bomb at both times. Trust me; this is Logs.
            Then Round 80-100 is a pain in the butt:
            • Get another MOAB Press in a similar spot to the other MOAB Press.
            • Start saving up for Permacharge. Should get by Round 85; if not, the Super Ceramics will be awful to fight against. I lost a couple of times trying to spam exclusively Ground Zeroes and Operation Dartstorms.
            • Also add a few normal 2/4/0 Turbo Charges to assist the Permacharge, if Ceramics are too much an issue for you.
            • Activate Permacharge ability when Ceramics are starting to near exit or if there's way too many strong bloons to be convinced of fully defending.
            • You should have by now 3 Ground Zeroes.
            • Ground Zero any occurance when Ceramics are nearly towards exit.
            • Ground Zero any DDTs. Don't waste Ground Zeroes when you don't need to. Remember Round 90 needs at least one, Round 93 needs at least one, Round 95 needs two at different times by waiting for a while to get the DDTs to pass a solid section of the track, Round 99 needs two at the same time.
            At Round 100:
            • Spam the heck out of Operation Dartstorms without additional upgrades.
            • Permacharge ability activate once BAD is close enough to be targeted.
            • Don't Ground Zero until the BAD is destroyed.
            • Ground Zero the DDTs once the BAD is destroyed.
            • Hopefully, the offspring of the BAD will eventually be BFBs before; that way you can Ground Zero them all. If not, hopefully the Permacharge should be ready to reactivate its powerful ability.
            And I won. In three tries. But it was worth getting because now I can keep an exclusive Tier-2 tower!

And don't forget to watch the screen at all times with 100% full focus! You don't want unnecessary frustration for unfocused loses, right?
            Last edited by qwertyxp2000; 16-09-18, 07:30 AM. Reason: typo
            If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyxp2000 View Post
              And I won. In three tries. But it was worth getting because now I can keep an exclusive Tier-2 tower!
              😭

Also, three tries? Not bad. I was up all night trying to clear it, and then several more tries the next day. Dying to Rounds 90, 98, 99, and 82 twice really takes its toll on you 🙃

Comment

Originally posted by KenOatg View Post
                I had 3 or 4 spectres and the ddts blew right through, which basically just killed my interest in trying again. I figured one of the other tier 4 ace paths must be the key but given how long it takes to get to the ddts I didn't want to experiment.

Comment

Working...
                X