X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthrees
    replied
    Originally posted by madrone View Post
    I was surprised that I beat this the first time around. I started with Obyn and beat the first round of camo with his thorns. I then added a spactory to deal with more camos and put in an 0-0-2 wizard and a couple druids. Next came a 2-0-3 sub and then upgraded the wizard to 0-2-2. I then alternated between placing spactories around the track so the sub could hit bloons anywhere they were, upgrading the druids to 2-0-2, and adding 2-3-0 and 2-0-3 subs until the little lake was full. Once the subs could hit pretty much everywhere on the track, I upgraded the wizard to 0-2-4, the druids to 3-0-2, and the spactories in various flavors. I upgraded one sub to 2-0-4 and set it to target strong, added more wizards of different flavors, a 2-3-0 druid, and upgraded one spactory to 0-4-2 and another to 2-3-0.

I really enjoyed this challenge, but I like magic monkeys and also 2-x-x subs.
    I really liked subs before the nerf but now they don't seem nearly as powerful.

Still, I was able to beat it following something close to your early strategy. When I first tried it I was thinking multiple 3/x/x or one 4/x/x wizard would be the ticket for the ceramoab, but multiple subs worked great. (Which was surprising because all of my sub experience post-update has been really bad, and I just assumed they couldn't do it.)

Leave a comment:

• madrone
    replied
    I was surprised that I beat this the first time around. I started with Obyn and beat the first round of camo with his thorns. I then added a spactory to deal with more camos and put in an 0-0-2 wizard and a couple druids. Next came a 2-0-3 sub and then upgraded the wizard to 0-2-2. I then alternated between placing spactories around the track so the sub could hit bloons anywhere they were, upgrading the druids to 2-0-2, and adding 2-3-0 and 2-0-3 subs until the little lake was full. Once the subs could hit pretty much everywhere on the track, I upgraded the wizard to 0-2-4, the druids to 3-0-2, and the spactories in various flavors. I upgraded one sub to 2-0-4 and set it to target strong, added more wizards of different flavors, a 2-3-0 druid, and upgraded one spactory to 0-4-2 and another to 2-3-0.

I really enjoyed this challenge, but I like magic monkeys and also 2-x-x subs.

Leave a comment:

• Logs, alternate rounds, can’t no leak without insta

The only tower you get that can have camo detection is the mage, and you can’t get enough money to buy camo detection before you leak bloons. I thought maybe I could do it DURING the first camo round but no.

edit - I was able to do the early rounds with sub and spike to handle camo until I got wizards set up but it takes too long to die to the ceramic moab. Restarting a map fifty times to find whatever exact combo and upgrade progression works is not fun. Another ridiculous ‘normal’ challenge .
    Last edited by inthrees; 09-09-18, 03:40 AM.
Working...
X