Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a normal challenge can't be beat without insta or powers, it's not normal.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a normal challenge can't be beat without insta or powers, it's not normal.

I don't know what it is, a combination of ridiculous challenges and some tower nerfs in the last update but I don't think I've beaten ANY of the challenges since the update hit. Maybe one normal challenge, the first or second day, not sure.

But that's it.

It should be possible to beat a challenge without powers or instamonkeys, at least the normal challenge. I can see advanced challenges requiring 'premium' currency/items to beat, but the normal challenge shouldn't ever need it, or fifteen restarts to find out the exact combo. Normal challenges should be their difficulty level with a slightly more restrictive tower set, and an interesting approach.

Namely, they should be FUN, not frustrating, and frustration is all I've felt since the patch with the challenges being garbage-hard and the sub nerf, etc.

Really disappointed. =/

Two words, git gud.

All DCs are possible without instas for the average player, even the advanced ones for the higher ups.
    , ,
    Originally posted by Cupid Monkey
    I love you Bloons. So much, that I want to pop you.

Comment

All challenges are possible without instas or powers.

Comment

Which Daily Challenge in particular were you thinking of? The Spike Factory one?

Comment

That one you can just tank the first few rounds until you can afford a spac
          I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

I have to gather MM to buy Benjamin. I always have to buy SMSes to beat advanced challenge and I lose lots of money. The good way is to avoid the hard game now,

Comment

What about that challenge with the BAD? All you had to do was buy a 5th tier MOAB Mauler down to the ZOMG layer and then switch to a Bloon Alchemist Master

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
                Two words, git gud.

All DCs are possible without instas for the average player, even the advanced ones for the higher ups.
                I would consider myself an average player, and no, I disagree. I don't mind the advanced challenge being, you know, advanced, but the normal challenge shouldn't require a whole bunch of restarts to figure out exactly which combination of limited towers in exactly which upgrade and build order is needed to beat it. That's beyond normal. That's a super hassle. That's advanced / hard.

And it started after the patch, either because player suggestions started getting especially ridiculous or because of tower nerfs, or who knows. I know the submarine was definitely nerfed, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by inthrees View Post

I would consider myself an average player, and no, I disagree. I don't mind the advanced challenge being, you know, advanced, but the normal challenge shouldn't require a whole bunch of restarts to figure out exactly which combination of limited towers in exactly which upgrade and build order is needed to beat it. That's beyond normal. That's a super hassle. That's advanced / hard.

And it started after the patch, either because player suggestions started getting especially ridiculous or because of tower nerfs, or who knows. I know the submarine was definitely nerfed, for example.
                  Here’s a good tip: Know your tower placements
                  A lot of the time, placements of towers differs a bad defense from a good defense. You want towers to have as much coverage of most/every section of the track.
                  Another tip is to know what Bloons come next. Always prepare for each type of bloon. First you need camouflage, then lead, then early Moab’s, and so on.
                  For the DC’s, some towers are more finicky than others, but it shouldn’t take several restarts.
                  And yeah, nerfs suck, but if a DC is posted with a nerfed tower, the DC is still possible, you just gotta practice more.
                  How am I gonna stop some big mean MOAB from tearing through my defense? The answer: Use a Ninja, and if that don’t work, use more Ninja.

Comment

Working...
                  X