Thoughts on Odyssey Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Odyssey Mode?

Now that Odyssey Mode has been out for about a week, what are some opinions you have on the mode? Too hard? Too easy?

You know the drill! Make sure to give suggestions on how to improve!
    Need help but don't want to bother the admins? I'm your guy! ;)

I think it’s really cool! It’s kinda hard but I like the challenge! I love idea of lives staying the same from level to level and the limited crew!

Comment

Limited lives carried round to round is a fun challenge. Also, limited crew forces you to get creative and explore different tower setups. All in all, quite pleased with Odyssey.

Comment

Better constraints and rewards with the trophy store compared to btd5
        I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

I love it!!!
          I love the "choose your towers" aspect, because some towers are good on some map types, but not others
          This is just my kind of strategy, and i love it so much!
          Favorite Tower: SPIKE FACTORY!

Comment

I liked it a lot at first, but that's mainly because I only have around 50 hours into the game, if I had more experience with all of the maps, it would feel super hollow and get stale super quick, since there really isn't anything challenging about it rather than limiting your amount of towers (which let's be real, you never really end up using more than 16 towers on hard if you know what you're doing).

If it had good rewards at least, but it's just 50 trophies and a pitiful amount of MM, right now it just feels like an autoscroller with no added difficulty or strategy, for a reward that's not worth your time. It looks good visually, and the concept is amazing, but it feels poorly executed. I feel like the mode would be way more fun if it had actual objectives per level rather than just finishing X difficulty on X mode.

Like imagine it was a series of challenges instead of maps, like you start in freeplay with a set amount of money and your goal is to pop X amount of MOABs; or you start at round 63/76 and you have to clear them while only using 2 towers from your total; or having to play through a normal difficulty, but with the twist that you have to get X amount of pops with a single tower instead of just clearing the level. I know this would kinda ruin the point of the shared lives and all, but it would make for an amazing, challenging, and super fun gamemode in my opinion.

Right now as I said, it is doomed to become stale super fast, specially if you are an experienced player. Making handcrafted challenges for each odyssey every week would make it feel more unique and lure veterans into playing it. This in addition to better rewards (which are a must, because while just playing the challenges is fun, it's not worth your time if you're only getting 200MM and 50 trophies) will make the game mode incredibly fun, and hook players into playing the new odyssey every week.

Comment

I like it but is it only available from time to time?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                I like it but is it only available from time to time?
                I asked an Admin and he said they'd like to make a new Odyssey about every week or two.
                Need help but don't want to bother the admins? I'm your guy! ;)

Comment

It should definitely be available longer than 1 day. I have a really full life!!

Comment

Working...
                  X