"MOAB" target setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "MOAB" target setting?

I wonder if there could be Monkey Knowledge to add an "MOAB" target setting to applicable towers, where the tower will fire as though on "first" but will always target MOABs if any are present. What do you think?

Isn't that strong priority? The "Strong" priority will immediently fire at the largest bloons, so it will fire at the very first MOAB in line. This can be obstructed by BFBs and DDTs, but still, it will attack the strongest bloons.

Example: 5 MOABs. It will attack the MOAB first in line.
    However, if we were talking Close + Strong or Last + Strong, then heck yeah. That would be a great addition in game!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenpuff920 View Post
      Isn't that strong priority? The "Strong" priority will immediently fire at the largest bloons, so it will fire at the very first MOAB in line. This can be obstructed by BFBs and DDTs, but still, it will attack the strongest bloons.

Example: 5 MOABs. It will attack the MOAB first in line.
      However, if we were talking Close + Strong or Last + Strong, then heck yeah. That would be a great addition in game!!
      The problem with the "strong" target priority, and the one that the "MOAB" setting would try to fix, is that "strong" will prioritize larger MOAB-class bloons over ones that are farther along, which isn't really optimal given that the larger ones move slower (with the exception of the DDT). An "MOAB" target setting would have the tower attack the MOABs that dropped from a freshly-popped BFB instead of the slower line of BFBs behind it.

Comment

Ahhh... that makes much more sense. MOAB class bloons that go farther are targeted... That's cool... I like that!

Comment

I think this is a great idea, similar to elite targeting for snipers. At the moment, having lots of bomb shooters set on strong is the closest I can get to destroying moabs that spawn from BFBs before taking on the next BFB. Maybe just for certain towers... Such as a monkey knowledge for bomb shooters?

Comment

Originally posted by Viiiines View Post
            I think this is a great idea, similar to elite targeting for snipers. At the moment, having lots of bomb shooters set on strong is the closest I can get to destroying moabs that spawn from BFBs before taking on the next BFB. Maybe just for certain towers... Such as a monkey knowledge for bomb shooters?
            How does the elite targeting even work? I never understood that...

But apart from that I really like that idea. Snipers mostly ignore the regular MOABs if there are stronger ones on the field and there's no way to target those. They will always either fire at the BFB/ZOMG or the weak bloons at the front, which would die easily to other sources anyways.

At the topic of targeting options, I was also wondering if a "Camo" priority would work. Works just like "First" but if there are any camo bloons, they will target those first.

Comment

This will get too messy, the whole targeting system would need a redo if nk were to add more targeting options. It just wouldn't be nice to tap through target settings to find your preferred one.

Comment

Yeah, it was my understanding that "elite" targeting for snipers targeted the first moab class bloon...

Comment

• Salmon
                  Salmon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As far as I remember, Elite targeting makes Sniper target Ceramics instead of MOABs, then automatically switches to "First" when Bloons get passed the mid-point of the map.
              Working...
              X