Overpowered units/upgrade IMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overpowered units/upgrade IMO

Monkey Village, primary expertise upgrade- A very powerful weapon dealing mass damage to multiple bloons with infinite range, costing just 25k. It feels just too powerful for its cost and makes level 100 too easy. Before I unlocked this upgrade I was finding level 100 challenging which IMO it should be.

Monkey sub top tier level 2- allows the sub to shoot anywhere any other unit can shoot. This means if you have a sniper the sub can shoot anywhere on screen. Choose the middle tier level 3 as well and you've got a sub that can shoot both darts and missiles anywhere on the screen, and the sub base cost and upgrades are cheap.

Monkey Ace, Spectre- I know it's a level 4 but the very fast continuous line of both darts and bombs it spits out directly to the bloons seems a little overkill.

Captain Churchill hero- He's got a cannon for strong bloons, machine gun for lots of weak bloons, he can see camo from as soon as level 6, and one of his abilities is to fire a load of missiles at MOABs. The other heroes don't even compete.

Village: YES please! I wanna see this nerfed. The attack & it's free 2nd tiers is just stupid, broken, stupid, stupid & just plain W H Y ? ! ?

Sub: Too powerful. I think the basic range is enough for a really good tower as it is. Having an inginite range line-of-sight weapon synergize like that seems too broken to me.
    All sub needs for a range buff is to remove the bug that makes Advanced Intel blind to MOAB class' fatass hitbox

Ace: Spectre doesn't need a nerf, it needs a change. It costs quite a lot for a tower that whiffs left & right, but laughs in the face of ZOMG's. Being situational is what towers are all about, but the removal of map coverage for an entirely new weapon is just as broken as spike-o-pult was by nerfing it's attack rate heavily. Here it's fixed, but Spectre is still as dumb as ever.
    If it aimed at the strongest bloon, or where the first bloon is headed, it would be MUCH better for it's price. That or keep it's 8-12 spread & keep it's dart+bomb stream, with less top path influence.

Churchil: It's base cost is $2000 and levels up at a snails pace. It would take you 'till late game to get even level 10!
    There's a reason he's the most expensive hero, y'know.
    Favorite Tower: SPIKE FACTORY!

Comment

Originally posted by leanmachineformeancuisine View Post
      Monkey sub top tier level 2- allows the sub to shoot anywhere any other unit can shoot. This means if you have a sniper the sub can shoot anywhere on screen.
      This is incorrect. The sub will only shoot into the Sniper's tiny range circle.

The other examples you have aren't overpowered; if anything they're underpowered.
      My shameless advertising:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mochinator View Post

This is incorrect. The sub will only shoot into the Sniper's tiny range circle.
        That was a suggestion, not a fact :/
        (also, the sub missiles already shoot the entire screen no matter what, and i don't see any reason to restrict it. it's called "ballistic missile" for a reason.)

Comment

Originally posted by Kookeekwisp View Post
          That was a suggestion, not a fact :/
          Uh...no? It's not? He's definitely saying the upgrade allows the tower to shoot into the range of other towers, including Sniper's range, so he isn't presenting this as a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mochinator View Post

Uh...no? It's not? He's definitely saying the upgrade allows the tower to shoot into the range of other towers, including Sniper's range, so he isn't presenting this as a suggestion.
            oh, well i guess i misread that. Yeah no, anyone who's played btd5 knows that's nowhere near the case.

Comment

None of those towers are considered OP on CHIMPS and are situational, except for 2-0-3 sub in lower round and 4-0-0 sub for infinite pop cap.

In fact, I'd put Churchill as the 2nd worst hero in the game just below Quincy, where Obyn is the first and Gwen as a close 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by sealedseal View Post
                4-0-0 sub for infinite pop cap.
                Reactor doesn't have infinite pop cap anymore. It's something like *30 to make up for it's now unbelievable popping speed. (which isn't affected by jungle drums, still)
                Last edited by Kookeekwisp; 12-06-19, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Junior Monkey
                  Junior Monkey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it’s 70 now

• Kookeekwisp
                  Kookeekwisp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's 71. And wow this thing's more broken than i thought

Edit: probably only 71 because of sub pierce knowledge
                  Last edited by Kookeekwisp; 13-06-19, 04:00 AM.

Originally posted by Kookeekwisp View Post
                Reactor doesn't have infinite pop cap anymore
                Thanks for correcting, also I forgot to mention 0-4-0 Sub for possibly the cheapest way to pop BAD.

Comment

First post.

I havent tried the top village yet, but it sounds too expensive for what it does, for villages camo detection is where its at!

Monkey sub is overpowering at lower level but underwhelming once you hit freeplay. The infinite range upgrade lets you bully regular bloons with just the sub and some dart monkies but it deals neglible damage to blimps. Once youre hitting rounds 110+ youll find that a swarm of 2-0-4/5 subs has dealt surprisingly little damage and being handily outpaced by boomerangs, wizards, bomb towers. Even tier 4 dart monkies.

Havent used this guy yet, once i discovered it in BTD5 BTD5 stopped being fun. Surely it's not quite so overpoweringly good anymore, right?

Churchill is definitely the hero with the most raw strength, he's a damn tank! When youre pushing freeplay then Churchill is undisputed king for his ability to damage anything, including the super speedy camo-moab things. Outside freeplay his slow leveling is a liability and he might not ever hit the key levels he needs to actually spot and pop the eventual camo-leads.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsuruki23 View Post
                    Churchill is definitely the hero with the most raw strength, he's a damn tank! When youre pushing freeplay then Churchill is undisputed king for his ability to damage anything, including the super speedy camo-moab things. Outside freeplay his slow leveling is a liability and he might not ever hit the key levels he needs to actually spot and pop the eventual camo-leads.
                    Actually, wrong; Churchill’s damage falls off extremely rapidly in the late game and offers no support to other towers. Ezili is the best late game hero for her ability to kill infinite-health BADs, and totem-toting Obyn isn’t a bad choice either.

Comment

I agree that 5/0/0 village and Spectre need a bit of a nerf. I thought the energy beacon attack from the last game was perfectly adequate for the village. Spectre is pricey but kills most things pretty easily, and when compared to a super monkey which has similar popping power, is cheaper and more flexible because it has infinite range.

I still think 0/0/4 ninja is too good, even after ninjas got nerfed in this game. With an alchemist you can shred nearly anything with just a few ninjas, and the upgrades are really cheap for the popping power you get. The fact that 1/0/0 buffs the ninja so much for a mere $300-$400 I think is a little absurd too.

Comment

Working...
                      X