Why layers??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why layers??????

I was surprised to hear that Red Hot Rangs now pops 2 layers, but here's the thing: LAYER POPPAGE IS VERY POWERFUL, AND IS THE REASON KYLIE RANGS WERE SO EXPENSIVE! (and still are, for some reason...) Back in BTD5, there was a glitch that basically lets Ricochet rangs essentially pop 2 layers off a giant string of bloons, but was just the same as 2 glaive ricochets. But now it's back, and more deadly than ever? Are you trying to break the early game?!?
    Most 5th tier towers pop extra layers, instead of simply doing more damage to MOAB & Ceramic. Early game really just becomes a race to the nearest 5th tier because that savage kind of popping ability is completely broken before round 80.
    But what REALLY kinda pisses me off is the Marine's gigantic pierce with 6 layers of popping power COMBINED with it's high mobility, cooldown & affordability @ $27,000 on HARD! You already have cash drop, tower re-placement & the ability to blow back CERAMICS, on top of most probably quad darts, and you have yourself THE most powerful support tower in the game, hands down. (i don't count expertise because it's artillery attack is garbage at times & it's side-benefit is also garbage)

I'm already a bit mad that Tack has mismatched upgrade paths, as in the top & bottom paths nullify / force you to buy each other, and it's Inferno Ring is just the RoF with more layers & hypersonic, making even a small snippet of the track a complete dead zone (me trying not to sigh heavily at coughglaivelord)
    For god's sake, the RING OF FIRE was buffed to pop 3 layers, giving it MASSIVE potential early game, and has no reason to get the bottom path's More Tacks.

I put forward a notion (two, if you'll take "Path Rework"): Keep the layers at 2, and have More Tacks increase pierce, while Even More Tacks ups the layer by 1. This way, there's more chance for Crosspath, even with 5th tier!

Sory im such a textwaller. I might just make a "Chibi" version of this post later, if im bored.
    Favorite Tower: SPIKE FACTORY!

...i just started using Wizard, and now i've just come to the conclusion that NK is cucumber yall can su-

Comment

2 layers isn’t so great when your bio boomer gets overrun by zebras turned into pinks or your village glitched ricochet still not popping ceramics.
      I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0iUEapYFww_A1N9cIWF_g"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g[/URL]

Comment

Even then, i still can't get behind the standard of "make it do extra layers, NEXT!" as if they suddenly thought "hey, layer damage sucks lategame, so let's mess with layer damage because it's so damn expensive!"

Tack Zone & Sky Shredder are just absolutely stupid in that regard, because BOTH upgrade paths increase amount of projectiles & attack speed of them by an equal amount (for some ghostly reason), and the 5th tier doubles projectiles, attack speed, pierce & damage of each one, making both pretty damn powerful early game, but suck eggs at lategame. (tack is better because it hits each moab consistently, while the ace won't sit still, like a hyperactive toddler XP)

Comment

Since AW now sucks, late game layer Damages is not to be underestimated.
          The game says: the bloons have taken over your town
          Green and white Take It Back button appears
          But only in the tutorial
          I tweeted my silly fanfic @jasonc65

Monkeys are real
          Bombs are real
          #takeitback is real
          [url]https://youtu.be/3quGIS0X4p8[/url]

Comment

Boomer isn't exactly good in btd 6, especially with super ceramics... also, the main reason it was buffed was that nobody cared enough to get it. why get a lead popping boomer when you can get one that does more damage and have other things for leads? right now, boomer tier 2 paths are relatively balanced, with 302, 230, and 023 being the best for their third tiers and above.

Comment

I actually liked the kylie boomer when it first came out. Fortified ceramics are easily fixed with snipers and glue. The crossbow and kylie make a decent combo.
              The game says: the bloons have taken over your town
              Green and white Take It Back button appears
              But only in the tutorial
              I tweeted my silly fanfic @jasonc65

Monkeys are real
              Bombs are real
              #takeitback is real
              [url]https://youtu.be/3quGIS0X4p8[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by DestructivForce View Post
                Boomer isn't exactly good in btd 6, especially with super ceramics... also, the main reason it was buffed was that nobody cared enough to get it. why get a lead popping boomer when you can get one that does more damage and have other things for leads? right now, boomer tier 2 paths are relatively balanced, with 302, 230, and 023 being the best for their third tiers and above.
                EXACTLY!!! Their only solution was for it to pop more layers, just like what they did with boomer's abilities. Turbocharging deals 2 layers, and deadly permacharge deals TEN LAYERS OF DAMAGE!
                I might excuse this one, but not for Permaspike, Glaive lord & Special Poperations.
                In my eyes, the only balanced layer damage in the game would be giving an extra layer to Red hot rangs & Super Maelstrom. Everything else is just stupid, unnecessary buffs that could've simply added to it's MOAB or Ceramic damage, not both at once & making early game stupidly easy.

Mostly i'm just upset they're making layers this footnote, when it used to be a really big privelage. The temple was really the only one that earned the massive layer buffs, because $100,000 is a really huge amount of money. Now you can get nukes in your backyard for a quarter of that! (and dont get me started on the nuke factory known as alchemist! (jk, i actually like the alchemist after the attack speed cap)

Comment

Originally posted by jasonc65 View Post
                  I actually liked the kylie boomer when it first came out. Fortified ceramics are easily fixed with snipers and glue. The crossbow and kylie make a decent combo.
                  Kylie's underrated. It has a really good pierce, (twice the damage) & hits bloons multiple times, pretty much making it a KING of *early game.

I remember when it was bugged & Glaive Kylies don't pop bloons more than once, making it a huge downgrade
                  Last edited by Kookeekwisp; 29-01-19, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Bommer xx5 is awsome vs moab (damage + moab recoil)

Comment

Working...
                    X