X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kkimble
    replied
    Monkey lighthouse (support tower) $800

A tower that that can be built on land or water. It has no popping power initially but offers a “balcony” that holds one monkey (like the carrier does) allowing players to utilize this tower to place a monkey where ever they want. This allows the monkey to see over obstacles as well. It has a beam of light that rotates around the tower. Bloons caught in its light are reduced 2 layers.

First track: “oracle”
    1- gains a second light that is 180degrees from the first light and slightly widens the lights to capture more bloons.
    2- expands the range of the tower and the monkeys placed on the tower, also further expands the width of the lights.
    3- tower gains enormous range and lights shine the full 360 ring around. Monkey on top also gains increased range.
    4- bloons caught in the light become blinded and will venture far off the path for a short time before slowly returning.
    5- all monkeys within the light gain heavily increased effects on all their level upgrades (heavier slow, more popping power, even faster attacks, etc)

second track “ascended monkey”
    1- lighthouse reveals camo bloons caught in its light and will smart target bloons instead of rotating.
    2- larger balcony allows for a super monkey to fit on top.
    3- unlocks the ability for the balcony monkey to go to tier 3 in their secondary track and increases their attack speed.
    4- super boosts the monkey on top to cause popped bloons to explode.
    5- further boosts the monkey to temporarily give it teir 5 in both its tracks. Track will be chosen randomly if one is not selected.

third track “power house”
    1- lights now reduce all regular bloons to red bloons
    2- now rapidly pops bloons in its light and slows them. Monkey on top also slows bloons.
    3- instantly removes lead and fortification from bloons struck by the monkey on the balcony.
    4- crushes nearby bloons and deals heavy Moab damage to anything that gets too close.
    5- erases any bloon that remains in the light for .3 seconds. Even Moab’s.

I made it impossible for monkeys to gain all the effects that the tower gives so that this tower doesn’t outshine the village. It also focuses more on the single monkey its boosting and stacks with the effects of the village.
    Last edited by Kkimble; 24-09-19, 05:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Salmon
    commented on 's reply
    Can you share your ideas about said Sorcerer Monkey?

• MemeLord
    replied
    How about a sorcerer monkey.

Leave a comment:

• aBiscuit
    replied
    To start with:

Originally posted by Simbrian View Post
    I wouldn't mind a couple more military monkeys. Perhaps a soldier with an assault rifle that occasionally throws a grenade.
    —————

Soldier Monkey

This no nonsense monkey is out on the battlefield to get the job done. He helps command fellow military monkeys, gets some mean gun upgrades and knows his way around explosives.

0-0-0
    • Hit scan with medium range, high attack speed, 1 damage

Top Path

Training
    • Increased attack speed and pops 2 layers

Even More Training
    • Increased attack speed and pops 3 layers

Full Metal Jacket
    • Pops 4 layers and can pop lead and frozen bloons

Veteran
    • Gains attack speed throughout a round as the Soldier pops Bloons

Gunnery Sargent
    • The Soldier starts rounds at maximum Verteran pops and instead gives nearby monkeys increased attack speed as it pops Bloons

Middle path

Battlefield knowledge
    • Increases range and can pop camo Bloons

Commanding Officer
    • Nearby monkeys get increased attack speed. Nearby military monkeys get additional attack speed.

Most Valued Target
    • Chooses one of the strongest bloons each round and gives cash when it’s popped

Tactical Insight (ability)
    • Allows nearby monkeys to detect camo Bloons and pop any bloon type. Nearby military monkeys abilities cooldown faster.

Updates from command (ability)
    • Passive: Nearby military monkeys can detect camo Bloons, pop any bloon types and have reduced ability cooldowns.
    • Activate: Gives the Soldier a large range boost and nearby monkeys get full map range

Bottom path

Grenade
    • Throws a grenade that deals high damage to multiple bloons (can pop leads and frozen, but not black or zebra)

Fragmentations
    • Bloons destroyed by the grenade spray sharpen shrapnel

Land mines
    • Throws explosive mines onto the track nearby (aren’t triggered by MOAB bloons, but they take the damage if within range)

Hunter Popper Drones
    • Releases drones that circle the map for a MOAB bloon, then dive towards it and explode, dealing high damage to the MOAB

Blimp Buster
    • Land mines can be triggered by MOABs and deal increased damage to them. Hunter Popper Drones fire missiles while they circle and release a cluster of explosions upon impact with MOABs

—————

Currently, there isn’t a “normal” attacking military monkey that doesn’t need water. I tried to keep the soldier theme for the top path, while letting the middle path become more of a buffing monkey. I like the dedicated MOAB damager idea in the Master Bomber ninja, so I tried go along similar lines there.

Leave a comment:

• aBiscuit
    replied
    Thought it would be a fun to further develop some of the ideas here. Please give praise to the original concepts of these ideas. I would also really appreciate feedback from everyone and especially the original creator. Thanks

I won’t be including many numbers in these developments (like upgrade costs or attack speed increase %’s, etc.) as too much effort and cross-referenceing - feel free to do it if you wish though.

I’ll also write a short bit on my thoughts on the original idea and the developments I went through to come to the conclusion.

Leave a comment:

• Epi
    replied
    A tower that I think would be cool would be one that provides out of game benefits, similar to how marigolds work in Plants Vs Zombies. It would be really cool to see like an insta-monkey generating tower that doesn’t do anything in-game to benefit the defence but instead generates free insta monkeys every 5 rounds, or maybe as an ability. If you upgrade it, you can specify which insta monkeys to make instead of it being random, and also the tier that it generates.

Perhaps another idea would be some kind of bloon recycler that recycles Bloons into monkey money slowly, although I’m not sure how useful that would be as the only thing I spend monkey money on is new heroes and their skins.

I think that having some kind of generator would be cool though, if NK were worried they would get exploited then just make them unable to be used in free play or something, and make them unable to be sold, but it would be a cool thing to put in as some kind of reward for if players have excess cash in the harder difficulties.

Leave a comment:

• Lucidmonkeys
    replied
    I think we definitely and desperately need new towers, to spice the game up some. It feels like it gets repetitive and becomes boring, I loved the engineer and the gatling was cool too but I honestly would rather have brand new towers too, the alchemist and druid were cool additions but those have been the only new towers since it cane out, (besides mortar which wasnt new) and new heroes just arent that fun, they’re okay.

I would like another water tower or 2, or another military tower, it doesnt really matter to me as long as its cool lol.

Something like an all around, late game monkey, support / good damage / buff monkey. A jack of all trades just not as strong as some more specific towers. I dont like that the only monkey that can really get you super far IS the super monkey, the temple. Sure you can get far with others but not as far.

Rogue monkey (similar to ninja): base attack swings 2 short swords, and can throw one dagger when bloons are out of range (can see stealth) (swords do 1 damage and 2 pierce) (dagger has 1 damage and 1 pierce)

upgrade path one:
    1xx - attacks faster (10%) and gains extra pierce +1
    2xx- attacks even faster (+20%) and gains +1 pierce
    3xx - can now poison bloons which removes regen, camo, and lead properties, and also randomly immobilizes bloons, and pops 1 layer every 2 seconds
    4xx - poison is now stronger, dealing 2 layers every 1 second, and can also remove fortified properties, also does twice the damage to moab class bloons, also splashes to 5 bloons
    5xx- poison does 5 layers a second, splashes to 10 bloons, and immobilizes more often, also can immobilize larger moab class bloons. Rogue gets +3 more pierce, and the rogue can now pop all bloon types without the poison, and attacks (20%) faster, popping an additional 4 layers per attack

path 2:
    x1x - able to throw dagger while bloons are in range towards bloons out of range
    x2x - throwing dagger now able to pierce 5 bloons and moves quicker
    x3x - Each dagger throw has a semtex attatched and blows up a small radius on impact (dagger still pops 5) semtex does 10 damage and 25 pierce, and rogue does 1 more damage
    x4x - now throws bolts instead of daggers which pierce 10, do more damage to moab and ceramic class bloons, and throws much quicker (50%), semtex pierces 50 and does 15 damage, rogue does +1 more damage
    x5x - rogue now wields two bolts that swing quickly and travel down both ways of the track, popping 10 layers and 50 bloons each (20 damage to moabs), that explode near the biggest group of bloons for 20 damage and unlimited pierce. Rogue basic attack does 8 damage and swings at 75% faster speed than base rogue, piercing 4 extra bloons.

path 3: This is as far as ive gotten, if you have any ideas for path 3 or any change suggestions to the other 2 paths let me know! Just a random idea i thought of
    xx3 -

Leave a comment:

• KirbyCatBaby
    replied
    I've got an idea for a 4th upgrade path too, it's for the Dart Monkey! 😁

xxx1: Dart Blasters - Gives the Dart Monkey another dart, and both fire about 10 of the tips that seek out bloons (8-11), he then throws a dart that also seeks out bloons that does double damage.
    (The tips do 1 damage, 2 pierce, and he fires the tips at a speed of 2.64 times per second, and darts do 2 damage, 3 pierce and he throws them at a speed of 1.03 times per second.)

xxx2: Flaming Tips - Allows the Dart Monkey to shoot flaming tips and throw flaming darts, so the Dart Monkey can pop lead and frozen bloons.
    (It also adds +1 damage to the tips and the darts.)

xxx3: Dart Guns - Gives the Dart Monkey wooden guns (to match his low levelness) that permanently fire flaming, bloon seeking darts.
    (It also allows the Dart Monkey to fire 50% faster, or 5.28 times per second.)

xxx4: Dart Minigun - Gives the Dart Monkey an even better gun (wooden minigun) that fires six flaming, bloon seeking darts at tremendously fast speeds.
    (50% faster than Dart Guns, so 100% in total, or 10.56 times per second, counting this and the Dart Guns' speed increase.)

xxx5: Dart Barrage - Now occasionally shoots a barrage of darts at the strongest bloon on screen.
    (About 50-70 seconds)

I didn't do prices because I'm bad at them, and these upgrades could use a little balancing, because I think the 5th tier should be slightly stronger but... meh. 😴
    Last edited by KirbyCatBaby; 17-07-19, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pieselsport
    replied
    something like a sentry turret , but its not a helper but a tower that you pay for with the price of... 1000 (has great upgrades)and it can have an upgrade when that when an enginner is in its radius its better (stacks with 3)
    and that it was shotting rockets (but thats just before the champion)
    and maybe that it had an upgrade that would make it have 3 heads (guns)
    and maybe place some upgrade 0-2 that give better range and faster shooting (maybe it starts with 1 gun and gets 2 guns?)

Leave a comment:

• Wytemi
    replied
    Bring the Jedi Monkey upgrade back from BTD4, but make it its own tower

Force Monkey:
    x-x-x Base Tower: Uses the force to pop 1 layer of Bloons

1-x-x Youngling: Grants Monkey Tower with Light Saber
    2-x-x Apprentice: Can pop through 5 layers of Bloons with Lightsaber
    3-x-x Padawan: Increases Range & speed of Lightsaber Monkey
    4-x-x Knight: Larger Lightsaber increases Popping Power
    5-x-x Master: Throws extra lightsabers around at Bloons while also attacking Bloons close and bringing Bloons back to the monkey with the force

x-1-x Meditation: increases attack speed of the force
    x-2-x Warrior: Increases Attack Speed and popping power
    x-3-x Tactician: Grants a Blaster to Monkey Tower and increases Range
    x-4-x Commander: [Special Ability] Calls for the aid of Monkey Jedi Knights
    x-5-x General: [Special Ability] Calls for the aid of Monkey Jedi Masters

x-x-1 Servant: Increases Range of the Monkey Tower
    x-x-2 Force Learner: Learns the force and brings bloons back to monkey tower to continue popping
    x-x-3 Bloon Choke: Stuns Bloons and chokes the Bloons layer by layer
    x-x-4 Sith Apprentice: Calls upon a droid army when in most need
    x-x-5 Sith Master: Gains an extra ability to use powerful Electic Force on the Bloons (it is aimed directionally and doesn’t operate the same as the Druid)

Leave a comment:

• Tsuruki23
    replied
    The last path is all about support and air units, generating a tiny amount of money and detecting camo at low level, the high levels boost aircraft and adds intermittent airstrikes. This path pops camo and eventually becomes the ultimate anti-camo system.
    Self sustaining: The tower grows banana bunches! At the start of every round the tower grants (or perhaps launches?) 20 money. This would be a relatively cheap upgrade compared to money generating upgrades, costing just 200 or 300 to upgrade. The money generation increases to 35 at x-x-2, 45 at x-x-3, 70 at x-x-4 and 200 at x-x-5.
    Optics: Advanced binoculars grant camo detection. Tower-Tower gains camo detection via side mounted scanners, Platform towers grant this ability to their rider.
    Comms tower: This bastion of steel directs airstrikes and air traffic for maximum effect. The tower gains a new attack with no range limitation, every few seconds a single plane (a Navy single rotor craft or perhaps, a Twin mustang?) performs a flyover, flying onscreen and homing on to the strongest bloon/blimp onscreen, rapidly firing two streams of high pierce, 2-damage darts, when it reaches the target it stops homing and swerves offscreen. Also grants a permament +10% attack and move speed bonus to all flying towers (stacks up to five times. Now looks like a steel lookout tower with radar and other detection devices, the tower monkey stands next to the devices and continues his attacks normally.
    Satellite command: Complete camo detection inside it's attack radius! Bloons inside the tower's regular (now much larger) attack radius are visible to all monkeys. Empowers the flyby attack, summoning a black stealth craft to deliver a single furious stream of 2 damage piercing darts and dropping a large pile of cluster bombs when it is within a very short distance of the target, dealing heavy damage over a moderate duration.
    Space command: The might of the monkey space fleet is here to help. This dramatically up-tuned NASA-style optics tower summons green laser strikes from above instead of airstrikes. Each laser strike is a tight grouping of unique laser bolts (akin to what is fired by a 5-x-x heli) fired in a supertight cluster of dozens of energy bolts, each dealing just 1 damage in a tight area, against a stationary victim the beams might look like a single unbroken beam but the seperate bolts would be easier to see if the target is moving. The whole attack would deal 60 damage with a not-terrible attack rate. The tower monkey is still atop the tower, attacking normally.

Build combinations:
    4-2-0 A powerful lategame defense tower, that at once deals heavy damage and helps slow down advancing bloons, particularly good in maps with limited sight and multiple bloon paths because none of it's attacks depend on angles.
    4-0-2 Sacrifices raw power for camo popping and just a little bit of cash generation.
    2-4-0 The towers's attacks and buffs in combination with it's rider nets a lot of focused strength. The cost-to-power ratio is bad, but the footprint-to-power ratio is amazing. Not to mention the obvious benefits of mounting tier 5 monkeys on towers.
    0-4-2 Sacrifices some firepower to grant Camo detection to the rider.
    2-0-4 Infinite range attack tower, less powerful then a sniper monkey but it grants a little bonus cash, camo detection and empowers aircraft.
    0-2-4 Infinite range tower, More power from the cluster attack.
    Last edited by Tsuruki23; 05-07-19, 02:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tsuruki23
    replied

The second path is the attack multiplier tower, it starts by adding a few new tricks to the tower and then grows a spot on top to place a new monkey and the ability to give it boosts.
    Coupled explosive: Double the fun. The tower's explosive attacks explode a second time for 1 damage.
    Tack blaster: Automatic bloon defense. Adds side mounted tack launchers that automatically launch clusters of 3-4 tacks from the bottom of the tower at bloons that come close. Other upgrades only boost these launchers marginally, not gaining the full amount of attack speed or range and not benefitting from temporary buffs.
    Platform of power: A raised platform for monkeys to show off their skills. The tower becomes slightly larger (more natural looking) with a prominent, empty platform on top. The tower retains it's attacks and upgrades in the form of an autogun that juts out from the platforms's underside. The platform is big enough to fit just one non-super monkey. Any monkey atop the tower gains a dramatic range boost and the tower gains the activated ability to grant it's resident a large, temporary, attack speed buff (150-200%). You cannot put a Tower-tower on top of a Tower-tower. This upgrade is very expensive yet grants absolutely no new benefits without placing a new monkey on top.
    Platform of adoration: Praise be the champions of the sun god! The resident monkey gains a static boost to pierce and attack speed, every time the monkey has done a certain amount of damage (200 or so) another nearby monkey is granted a small and brief boost to range and attack speed (10% for 2 seconds). A very expensive upgrade.
    Tower of the sun god: Smite the bloons with rays of the sun! Tower becomes a temple. Tack launchers replaced with a circle of energy that hovers encircling the tower and slowly fires a laser at bloons that explodes to deal 50 damage to the primary target and 5 damage in a moderate radius around the primary target. Tower monkey returns (a bit smaller) to replace the undermounted turret, skinned as a temple guardian.
    Last edited by Tsuruki23; 05-07-19, 02:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tsuruki23
    replied
    Another tower:

Tower-Tower!
    A military tower that leans into a support role but has one attack path. The basic tower occupies slightly more space then an average boomerang monkey (but less than super monkey) and totes a grenade-throwing monkey atop with decent range. The tower is more expensive then a bomb tower with greater range, more attack speed but half the AoE. Pops lead. The Tower-Tower ignores line of sight.

This is the attack path, the first upgrades give the monkey more guns and the latter half turn him into a raised weapons platform bedecked with different gear. This path is relatively expensive at all ranks.
    Battle rifle: Monkey gunner. Monkey now totes a rifle that deals 2 damage per shot (insta-hits like a sniper). Attack ratio is roughly 5 Rifle shots per 2 grenades. Grenades have less range then rifle and target/fire inderpendently.
    Veteran monkey: He served in the second bloon war. All attacks gain 20% attack speed. Grenades and rifle replaced with a combined assault weapon (visual change only).
    Battle turret: Area denial deluxe. An expensive upgrade. Combined weapon replaced with a large machine gun and shoulder mounted bazooka. Gun fires several times faster but looses the damage, only dealing 1 damage per shot (but shooting lots of times per second), bazooka fires much further with greater damage (4 damage per shot) but fires a bit slower. Whenever a bloon (Even blimps, but not B.A.D's) is targetted by the gun attack it suffers a short (non stacking) 10% slow debuff. Monkey is visually beefed up and dressed in tac-gear. Note that this isn't actually a turret, just a severely overburdened monkey. Tower gains a look of rugged steel plates and dark battered wood.
    No-bloon-zone: Bloon-B-gone. A very expensive upgrade.(5000, 6000, something like that). Greatly increased attack speed with the gun (now a chaingun). Bazooka replaced with a quad cylinder missile pod that fires 4 missiles per shot, the 3 extra missiles scatter a bit and seek out random targets in range to hit, dealing 3 damage each. Monkey beefs up further with armor and muscles.
    Monkey fortress: EVERYTHING DOUBLE! Finally an actual turret with dual rapid-firing chainguns and side mounted missile pods that fire a ridiculous amount of missiles at the intended target and several random ones. Cost might be around 60.000. If the monkey is visible it should look disgustingly relaxed now that it is'nt trying to operate a ton of guns anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Tsuruki23
    replied
    The final path is centered on a "lost at sea" theme, the initial upgrades give generic buffs and the higher tiers actually grant extra passengers. The whole upgrade path is extreemely cheap, a fully upgraded x-x-4 tower being one of the cheapest 4-level towers in the game. A specialized tower for surviving the earlygame. Upper level camo.
    Flotsam ammo: Extra pierce (+1). (Mermonkey gains +1 primary attack damage instead)
    Hunger pangs: Every 9 seconds gain a buff, the next time Raft monkey attacks it gains a 170% attack speed boost for 1 second. (cooldown begins when the buff ends, additive stacking).
    Four eyes are better than two: Another monkey mans the raft. Both monkeys gain +30% attack speed and +1 pierce, -1 damage. Each monkey acts separately, this includes tracking ranges and the buff from Hunger Pangs. Camo detection. Visually the monkeys and darts shrink a bit.
    Eight eyes are better than four: Two more monkies join the fray. Raft gains a little pole that one monkey hangs onto.
    Fourteen eyes are better than eight!: You guessed it, 3 more monkeys! A ramshackle structure is added with 3 more monkeys atop it (with the rest clinging tightly to it on the sides or on the pole). Total: 7 Monkeys throwing 1 Damage 3-pierce darts at moderate speed with intermittent speed boosts.

Build combinations:
    4-2-0 Nets you a comparatively cheap blimp-hunter that can also handle batches of weak bloons.
    4-0-2 Empowers the blimp hunting role at the cost at being cost-ineffective at everything else.
    2-4-0 A costly but strong all-rounder, contributes well to everything.
    0-4-2 All rounder with good focus damage.
    2-0-4 Cheap bloon-rush slaughterer. The range is too short to seriously threaten a blimp without some control support from other monkeys.
    0-2-4 Same as above.
    Last edited by Tsuruki23; 05-07-19, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tsuruki23
    replied
    The second path grants an extra attack cheaply, the higher level upgrades are quite expensive and supercharge the tower to deal great mix of AoE and focused damage. Upper levels pop leads.
    Water splash: Pop a heap of bloons with a magic water blast. A separate cooldown AoE attack, popping 1 layer in a small radius and just 6 or so pierce, it does not pop lead bloons. The splash gets slightly bigger with every upgrade (regardless of path) and gains ever greater pierce (but only ever 1 damage unless buffed by an allied tower).
    Piranha pool: Loaded with bitey fish! The water splash now stays in place where it lands, forming a pool full of piranhas. The pool pops each bloon that passes over it once (to a maximum of 20 pops) and every 1 second the pool inflicts an extra pop on all bloons atop it (no limit). The pool lasts 5 seconds (and starts popping at the end of the first second).
    Mermonkey: Command the sea and the sky. New look: no more raft, fins for feet, seashell helmet and funky looking spear. Replaced basic attack that's slower: lightning strike. Lightning strikes come from the sky and have massive range (halfway up or down the map). Lightning strikes have a very small area damage radius and deal 5 layers of damage to every bloon in the area, at middling attack speed. Can pop lead. Piranha pools double their pop limit, size and pop speed.
    Crackling storm: Lightning bolts crackle. Lightning strikes attack faster (10% faster), 6 random bloons (far) outside the blast radius are hit by chain lightning that arcs 2 times to new targets, victims of chain lightning suffer 1 damage. New ability: Thunder storm. Lightning rains from the sky, randomly striking 10 times per second for 15 seconds dealing 3 damage to any random bloon on the screen.
    Monktune: A lesser god of the sea. Disney-Neptune looking dude. All attacks and ability substantially improved, faster and stronger attacks, bigger pool with higher pop limit and pop speed (and sharks instead of piranhas), ability strikes more often per second.
    Last edited by Tsuruki23; 05-07-19, 02:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X