Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paragon tower levels, 5/2/1 towers, and a harder difficulty mode.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paragon tower levels, 5/2/1 towers, and a harder difficulty mode.

I was thinking that one of the things I have really, really enjoyed in BTD5/6 is the leveling up of towers. Once that's done, all you have left is rank and monkey knowledge (whatever the 5/6 equivalent is - lab or knowledge.)

So how about a paragon leveling system, where you level every tower again, in full sets, indefinitely, and if you get paragon level I in all towers, you get a tiny, tiny boost like +0.5% attack speed for all towers. Maybe extra popping power every tenth paragon level or something.

This would cause players to use towers they hardly ever use (like bomb tower for me, I barely use it ever) and give more long term goals beyond the now-really-slow accrual of monkey knowledge.

I imagine there are players out there who have maxed monkey knowledge, and this would be another advancement route, but I think maxing monkey knowledge shouldn't be required. (Because that takes so long for a normal-ish player who only plays a bit a day or every other, like me. I generally try the daily challenges and then might work on a medal or two for the track list.)

I was also thinking of a new difficulty mode for all maps, where you're allowed to buy 5/2/1 or 5/2/2 - one or two upgrades in an otherwise locked out path. This would be hugely fun and open up all kinds of wacky new tower combinations. The number of towers you could do this with could be tied to your paragon level, maybe.

This would add an incredibly huge amount of 'end game' play I think, and would be a lot of fun.

I had a suggestion a while back where I suggested 5/1/1 Towers (The Tier 2s are locked as a tradeoff), but I think 5/2/1 would be too polarizing. People would always opt for the extra upgrade; there wouldn't be much variation as there's no tradeoff. Maybe if the towers were locked out of being 5th tier, it would be more fair. (Like a 4/2/1 Ninja or something)

I like the Paragon Tower Levels idea though

Comment

Originally posted by Zario777 View Post
      I had a suggestion a while back where I suggested 5/1/1 Towers (The Tier 2s are locked as a tradeoff), but I think 5/2/1 would be too polarizing. People would always opt for the extra upgrade; there wouldn't be much variation as there's no tradeoff. Maybe if the towers were locked out of being 5th tier, it would be more fair. (Like a 4/2/1 Ninja or something)

I like the Paragon Tower Levels idea though
      Yeah, I was thinking one making it possible to x/2/1 or x/2/2 on a special difficulty or something, but I like your idea of 4/2/1 or 4/1/1, with no 5th tier possible.

I like the paragon idea because I'm looking at a bunch of maps and difficulty modes that I'm just not really good enough to beat (for medals) and I still want stuff to do. =p

Comment

That's a really cool idea. Permanent boosts through further use of all kinds of towers sounds awesome. Making it small per paragon level is fair enough, since 20*0.5% still would be 10% extra attack speed. Though another variation of this could be separate improvements. Something like Sniper Monkeys getting +1 damage per paragon Sniper Monkey and Tack Shooters gaining 5% extra range per paragon Tack Shooter. Going with that example, there would be +3 damage for Snipers and +15% range for Tack Shooters at max. It would take a bit effort to give fair boosts to every tower type but it's something I'd like to see happen eventually.

Comment

Working...
        X