Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTD6 Tier List

BTD6 Tier List:

Here's my tier list for all of the towers. I place emphasis on chimp mode, no monkey knowledge. I am only considering rounds 1 to 100. Suggest changes to the list.

S Rank:

Dart

Sniper

Super

Ninja

Alchemist

Village

A Rank:

Spike Factory

Glue

Ace

Heli

Buccaneer

B Rank:

Bomb

Ice

Sub

Farm

C Rank:

Boomerang

Tack

Wizard

Druid

S rank is the best of the best. Dart monkey and alchemist arguably the best towers in the game. Super Monkey necessary for compact firepower and also one of the best strong tower. I only put Ice Monkey so high up because it is good and sometime necessary in extreme maps in chimp mode, otherwise it would be in C Rank. Farm cannot be used in chimp mode so that why it is so low. C Rank are the worst towers, Druid gets outclass by Ninja and Dart. Wizard 4-0-0 and 5-0-0 useful for late rounds, however, by then you can use other stuff, Wizard doesn't do any one particular thing amazingly.

Edit 1: Buccaneer changed from B to A. Heli changed from B to A.
    Last edited by Jimmyftw; 07-09-18, 11:47 PM.

I rarely play chimps mode, but I must say that, as of yet, the only tower that can reliably see me through the first few rounds is the Druid.

Outside of chimps, I tend to always use Wizard monkeys 4-0-2. And I've never used bomb shooters except to get xp for the upgrades...

One thing I have noticed in general is the lack of appreciation for Special Poperations, too unreliable for chimps, but otherwise the Marine is unbelievably powerful!
    Test your knowledge with the [URL="https://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/just-sorta-other-stuff-i-guess/the-forum-games/142812-the-btd6-ultimate-quiz"]Ultimate BTD6 Quiz[/URL]!

Comment

My own version, based on my own usage (I like to use all the towers when I can, so I have an idea of what's most cost effective!)

S Rank:
      Ninja
      Super
      Wizard
      Alchemist
      Buccaneer

A Rank:
      Heli
      Dart
      Druid
      Ace
      Village
      Ice (x-x-5)

B Rank:
      Boomerang
      Tack
      Sub
      Farm
      Spactory (0-2-5)
      Glue
      Sniper

C Rank:
      Ice (all others)
      Bomb
      Spactory (all others)

Not really very many C ranks here, most towers are viable. However, Ice and Spactory have only one tier 5 each that is worth getting, so I gave their respective tier 5 upgrades their own spot since they are so much better than the tower in all other upgrade paths.

My major disagreements with your post is that the Wizard is an amazing tower, especially the top path. Additionally, the Buccaneer is easily an S-Rank for the price effectiveness it gives early rounds. Heli is amazing for map coverage with high damage unlike the sniper who lacks pierce.

Comment

Originally posted by txcrnr View Post
        My own version, based on my own usage (I like to use all the towers when I can, so I have an idea of what's most cost effective!)

S Rank:
        Ninja
        Super
        Wizard
        Alchemist
        Buccaneer

A Rank:
        Heli
        Dart
        Druid
        Ace
        Village
        Ice (x-x-5)

B Rank:
        Boomerang
        Tack
        Sub
        Farm
        Spactory (0-2-5)
        Glue
        Sniper

C Rank:
        Ice (all others)
        Bomb
        Spactory (all others)

Not really very many C ranks here, most towers are viable. However, Ice and Spactory have only one tier 5 each that is worth getting, so I gave their respective tier 5 upgrades their own spot since they are so much better than the tower in all other upgrade paths.

My major disagreements with your post is that the Wizard is an amazing tower, especially the top path. Additionally, the Buccaneer is easily an S-Rank for the price effectiveness it gives early rounds. Heli is amazing for map coverage with high damage unlike the sniper who lacks pierce.
        I should have mentioned that the reason that I placed Buccaneer in B was because he cannot be used in all map. Completely agree that when he can be used he is a very cost efficient powerhouse group popping power for the early to mid game. I changed him to A tier on my list.

Agree with your point on the Heli as well, my only thing is that in maps with multiple paths he is significantly worse than say an Ace. Also a lot of people use the moab shove for round 40 first MOAB myself included, but I found that a 3-0-1 Ace is much more cost efficient and accomplishes the same thing. Also in late game a bottom path Heli with Alchemist is extremely powerful but by then you can use a lot of different thing to the same effect. In short, I think the early to mid round towers are vastly more important than the late game tower where having Super Monkeys can easily help you to transition. I am going to change him to tier A on my list because I think his strength outweighs his weaknesses.

I mainly use low lower Sniper for the early to mid game where he is completely on a different level. Later game he is not so useful but you don't have to upgrade him and can just sell him.

Disagree on Wizard and Druid. I do see that top path Wizard is really powerful against moabs and rounds 90+ but I don't see when he can do more effectively than say super monkeys or other high dps towers. He is a welcomed addition but not a necessary addition to your team imo. Also his upgrades scales really badly with the level and early game he misses a lot of faster bloons and not affected by alchemist to the degree of super and ninja. For Druid I see that he is good as an early game tower but why use him over Dart or Ninja? Ninja have better accuracy and power and the automatic camo detection is huge. Darts are more cheaper and pretty much accomplished the same thing except Darts can be upgraded to pop camo.

Agree with 0-0-5 Ice being very good. Bad against the bad bloon on round 100 tho.

All in all, I agree with you on everything except Wizard and Druid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyftw View Post
          Disagree on Wizard and Druid. I do see that top path Wizard is really powerful against moabs and rounds 90+ but I don't see when he can do more effectively than say super monkeys or other high dps towers. He is a welcomed addition but not a necessary addition to your team imo. Also his upgrades scales really badly with the level and early game he misses a lot of faster bloons and not affected by alchemist to the degree of super and ninja. For Druid I see that he is good as an early game tower but why use him over Dart or Ninja? Ninja have better accuracy and power and the automatic camo detection is huge. Darts are more cheaper and pretty much accomplished the same thing except Darts can be upgraded to pop camo.

All in all, I agree with you on everything except Wizard and Druid.
          So, I see what you're saying with the Druid, and it comes down to a very specific strategy that makes it so strong: 5 Poplust Druids in range of multiple Ball Lightning Druids. It's somewhat costly of a setup, but the attack speed enhanced Ball Lightnings just go absolutely crazy and destroy anything below a ZOMG while the Poplust Druids destroy the ZOMGs and such. It is probably the closest thing to infinite popping power that isn't actually infinite or a TSG.

Comment

You're really doing kylie and moab press boomerang a disservice here. They are incredible towers for the cost.

Comment

Which dart monkey upgrade do you choose for CHIMPS? I usually go x-2-3 since it has the most powerful tier 5 imo

Comment

Not being a CHIMP player or even unlocking it, I think this list is very accurate. I may not know some details about CHIMP, so correct me if I'm mistaken on some things.

I believe the Super Monkey is one of the best monkeys in the game, especially when you pursue 2-x-4. Lots of pierce, lots of projectiles, no larger than a normal super monkey. Reason why I don't go for long range is because pierce is very necessary for late-game rounds, especially if the monkey doesn't have an ability. x-4-2 is also a great option because the ability decimates anything BFB or lower and is very useful if your forces cannot take the amount of BFBs. A 2-x-4 super monkey is capable of taking down 3 tightly packed ZOMGs alone, which is a testament to its capability.

I also agree that the dart monkey is great, but I tend to go for x-4-2 because the ability is incredibly useful when you're in a pinch, even more so when you get the tier 5 upgrade. May not have good pierce or power at first, but there's lots of them!

While I agree that the Boomerang Monkey is not as good as it was in BTD5 after they nerfed its pierce, it's still useful in rounds 30-50 when the weak pierce is good enough and when its very cheap. I go for 2-3-x for easy affordability, decent pierce and rapid firing speed.

Personally, the only thing I disagree about in this list is how the Buccaneer is only low A-Tier. It is good early on, can adapt to mid-game situations, and Monkey Pirates is very useful late-game. You can get it straight off the bat at best and before Round 5 at worst, and the pierce alone will keep you set for a couple rounds if bought early on. It can easily take on any combination of Lead, Camo, and Ceramic if you have at least 2 Cannon Ships available. During Late Game, you will want Monkey Pirates for its ability to take down MOABs, BFBs and DDTs in one shot. Should be at least Mid-A tier in my opinion

Comment

here is my tier list: in function of my own usage and tower utilties in all mode overall, i will add precisions of why.

S:
                  - sub : third path is really good, 2/0/5, add a village and a alchemist and it's really easy to get to round 100
                  - Alchemist : the buffs are amazing, it's just one of the best tower in the game
                  - Heli : when you can afford an apache, it's MOABS extermination.
                  - ninja: one of the best tower early game, combine it with a alchemist for insane damage.
                  - village: support is really helpul. first and second path are really useful. 5/2/0, 3/2/0 is amazing
                  - bucanner: all water monkey are amazing

A:
                  - Dart monkey: i like the third path, master crossbow is really powerful up to round 80 and can destroy round 63 easily, juggernaut can also give the camo lead popping power. but only rank A because this tower is overused in challenges wuth always the same maps, so i tried to use him less
                  - apprentice: first path, black magic and wall of fire are really useful. but i don't use him much
                  - super monkey: i like the dark knight upgrade, great MOAB popping power
                  - tack shooter: inferno ring is expensive, but worth the money, i also like tack zone combined with a 3/2/0 village, it's insane. i never use the middle path.
                  - mortar: the biggest one ftw, signal flare is also truly useful

B:
                  - boomerang :
                  glaive ricochet + red hot rang is awesome, double the popping power. i like to use them
                  - glue gunner: third path is pretty good, and this tower can really helps when your defense is not very powerful
                  - sniper: 2/0/5 on strong is extremely powerful, just add some camo detection
                  - spike factory : it comes to perma spikes, the full power of theses bad boys
                  C:
                  - farms:
                  i don't really need them except when i need to go to round 100
                  - ace: i don't really use much this tower, but i pretty like the 4th tier of first and third path

D:
                  - ice tower :
                  i almost never use this tower and that's too bad, i really like ice shards.
                  - druid : suprisinly, i almost never use it
                  - bomb shooter: i don't like using this tower, i would admit bloon crush is amazing. but moab mauler not a good choice against moabs, and there is better alternatives

Comment

Working...
                  X