Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly backstory idea: Why do the monkeys keep popping the Bloons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly backstory idea: Why do the monkeys keep popping the Bloons?

A science experiment gone wrong? A sentient balloon gone rogue? I don't know or really mind where the Bloons come from, but I always wondered why the monkeys are so invested in popping them. They base their entire society around it; monkeys grow up learning how to pop Bloons, they have military applications specifically for popping them, and they have warzones- against nothing but these Bloons. So why do they do it? I think there's an easy answer: So that they don't suffocate! Yes, these Bloons run the risk of suffocating the monkeys if left unpopped. As we see with regen Bloons (and the endless waves of them), the Bloons can easily multiply and fill up spaces rather quickly. If they were left unchecked, they would fill up entire villages and all the monkeys would be smothered under the rubbery death Bloons. Hence why they have to develop new ways to pop them; with ever-growing threats, they resort to using literal nukes on the Bloons, getting military tanks, snipers, specialized magic towers, etc. They even resort to calling in the physical embodiment of the sun, the True Sun God, and then trapping him within a mechanical vessel by sacrificing two of their strongest warriors- the cybernetically enhanced Anti-Bloon and the Hero of the Night, the Dark Champion.

Of course, I'm probably delving too deep into this, but the Kirby franchise has given me a habit of trying to find dark lore in otherwise colorful and cheerful games :P

The BATTD says that Bloons invaded the Ooo from another dimension. It might be that bloons are a sentient race from another world that are invading other worlds. Something like aliens that are colonizing other planets, and are attacking from them. One day they probably attacked the world of monkeys. Since they're from another dimension and are hostile, they probably have a nearly unlimited amount if troops, and can attack indefinitely until the planet will "surrender". That's why monkeys are skilled in fighting and there are even unis related to that, because bloons might have been attacking since a long time. After all they have lots of time, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemomon View Post
      The BATTD says that Bloons invaded the Ooo from another dimension. It might be that bloons are a sentient race from another world that are invading other worlds. Something like aliens that are colonizing other planets, and are attacking from them. One day they probably attacked the world of monkeys. Since they're from another dimension and are hostile, they probably have a nearly unlimited amount if troops, and can attack indefinitely until the planet will "surrender". That's why monkeys are skilled in fighting and there are even unis related to that, because bloons might have been attacking since a long time. After all they have lots of time, too.
      I thought it was implied that the other dimension is the Bloons universe? Like, both the Bloons and the monkeys came from another universe. Also, I don't know if BATTD is considered "canon" (if there even is one). Good ideas though!

Comment

I just figured out...we are fighting on the wrong side
        Remember Planet of Apes?...this is it...it happened...monkeys killed off everything...humans, animals...they left only few alive just to enslave them so they give them their energy, money and lives...but...just before humankind cease to exist smartest minds made last attempt to beat monkeys back...unfortunately they were just smartest minds alive...so they thought that bloons will fight humans land back...and now bloons are trying to do so even if humanity is already gone...all they know is how to attack monkeys...and only option for monkeys were to involve their science and military to survive those attacks

lol...so monkeys tricked us

Comment

It could be that bloons already took control of some land, made a base there and from it are attacking both the monkeyverse and Ooo. Monkeys are probably spying bloons, and when they noticed a portal, they decided to investigate it. It also could be that the vortex sucked in both the bloons and monkeys that were spying them.

Comment

Another weird thing to keep in mind: The Bloons seem to dislike the monkeys, as seen by the crossed out dart monkey on the BFB in previous games. Plus, they keep making new Bloon types, like the BAD. So they know that they're fighting the monkeys, and choose to invade their homelands anyways.

Comment

They're sentient after all, they're aware that something or someone is opposing them . It's like if Skynet would merge body parts of dead humans with various robots (a mechanical dog with real human's head) to scary people. Skynet probably doesn't know how terrifying this is to humans, but knows it's terrifying. Same could be for BFBs.

Comment

The monkeys were behind the invasion of Ooo. We already know that monkeys can inflate and send their own bloons at each other.
                I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

I've always thought of the Bloons as some sort of Zerg-like hive mind the only goal of which is to expand and evolve further, endlessly(with the MvM stuff in Monkey City being derived from "wild" Bloons rather than being the origin of them). The reason they attack Monkeys is because the latter is the only other sentient creatures on the planet, thus they have a lot more soul energy in their bodies(with Magic Monkeys existing) than any other species. This kind of energy is what the Bloons need to produce Bloontonium(it being the substance that allows the Bloons to act sentient) and make more specimen. So, when the Bloons attack the Monkeys and successfully take over, they, quite literally, drain the living monkeys' very souls, possibly also converting the organic matter of their bodies into rubber. So... the Monkeys have pretty much no choice but throw every weapon they have in their possession at the Bloons unless they want to end up getting killed instead.

Waiting patiently for the BTD6 Steam release.

Comment

That was what I was wondering in BMC. They plop the monkeys in a small secluded area where it's easier to make it through. Shouldn't be the bloons get harder to beat as you reach one concentrated corner (aka the bloon base)? And how do the monkeys decide "starting our village in the middle of a bloon battlefield is a good idea!" Logic busted.

Comment

Working...
                    X