Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I Think Dartling Gun Would Work (If it is added)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Think Dartling Gun Would Work (If it is added)

NOTE: Dartling Gun would start with Faster Barrel Spin as I feel like having that as an upgrade would really weaken the other paths that don't have it. With that being said:

Dartling Gun ($2000)

Path 1:
    Spoiler:
    Focused Firing (Smaller spread) [$250]
    Piercing Shots (Can pierce through 3 more bloons) [$550]
    Laser Cannon (Faster, pops Frozen Bloons, can't pop Purple Bloons, pops 15 each) [$6000]
    Pulse Ray (Pulses out a large, solid ray 5 times per second (Or every 6 frames if the game is 30fps). Each pulse can pop up to 50 bloons) [$24000]
    Laser-Guided Ray of Doom (Pops 100 bloons every frame. Gains a targeting option that allows you to "draw" the path of the ray with up to 3 way-points (Simialr to Heli-Pilot on Patrol)) [$55000]

Path 2:
    Spoiler:
    High-Velocity Shots (Greater velocity) [$200]
    Jagged Darts (Deals 2 layers of damage) [$800]
    Drill Shots (Transforms darts into drills. Drills deal 5x damage to Ceramics (Breaking them open in 1 hit) and 3x damage to MOAB-Class bloons (6 per shot) [$8000]
    Mega-Drills (ABILITY: The next 50 shots can pop infinite bloons. Carries over to the next round if 50 drills haven't been shot yet) [$12000]
    Giga-Drill (ABILITY #2: Shoots out a giant MOAB-only drill that follows your touch for 5 seconds. Can hit up to 100 MOAB-Class bloons at a rate of 10 damage a frame (5 damage a frame if 60fps) [$60000]

Path 3:
    Spoiler:
    Powerful Darts (Increases the size of the projectiles by 1.5x and allows them to stun [10%]) [$500]
    Depleted Bloontonium (Dartling Gun can pop all bloon types) [$1000]
    Hydra Rocket Pods (Exploding rockets that can pop 40 bloons each and have a sharp tip that can pierce 1-4 bloons (Depending on other upgrade) before exploding. Explosion and tip can pop all bloon types.) [$7000]
    Tri-Pods (Dartling Gun shoots out three Hydra Rocket Pods at once) [$15000]
    Bloon Area Denial System (Shoots out three giant pods at once (100-bloon explosion). After half a second or after hitting a bloon, each split into three more pods, homing in on the nearest bloon.) [$45000]

The prices are merely suggestive prices as I'm not a developer and wouldn't know what's fair in-game lol

I may update this with how I think the Mortar would work
    Last edited by Zario777; 09-08-18, 06:51 AM.

I think Faster Barrels Spin should be added since it makes the darting much more powerful.

Comment

I made a suggestion for the dartling gun where Faster Barrels has 2 upgrade tiers for the first path, hydra rocket pods for the second path, and focused firing and locking capabilities for the third path.

Comment

what if the drills stuck onto bloons and slowly drilled into them? I think the idea of the dartling have a DoT is very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by BP101697 View Post
          I think Faster Barrels Spin should be added since it makes the darting much more powerful.
          Let me clarify! Faster Barrel Spin IS included, but as part of the base tower. Which is why I raised it's starting price from 950 to 2000. So buying it initially will already have it shooting fast.

Originally posted by Bloonuminati View Post
          I made a suggestion for the dartling gun where Faster Barrels has 2 upgrade tiers for the first path, hydra rocket pods for the second path, and focused firing and locking capabilities for the third path.
          I saw that after my post! I found it interesting.

​​
          Originally posted by FrostlySpark View Post
          what if the drills stuck onto bloons and slowly drilled into them? I think the idea of the dartling have a DoT is very interesting
          That would be interesting; it'd make it like a better Beekeeper tower. Sounds a bit complicated to program but it's not a bad idea!

Comment

I'm not fond of that idea. Dartlings were liked, because they were cheap to place. You could place a few 0/0 Dartlings, and slowly upgrade them. With base cost $2k not many people will consider it as a starting tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemomon View Post
              I'm not fond of that idea. Dartlings were liked, because they were cheap to place. You could place a few 0/0 Dartlings, and slowly upgrade them. With base cost $2k not many people will consider it as a starting tower.
              I agree 100% with that. Dartlings should not be that expensive at start.

Comment

It's not meant to be a starting tower. Its cheapest cost was $950 in BTD5. Even with Monkey Knowledge you wouldn't be able to afford it in BTD6 at that price. And with the addition of 3D obstacles, 0/0/0 Dartling Guns wouldn't be as useful being slow and inaccurate with only 1 pierce and getting blocked by 3D obstacles.

EDIT: Changed the first upgrade in the bottom path to be more enticing of an upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Zario777 View Post
                  It's not meant to be a starting tower. Its cheapest cost was $950 in BTD5. Even with Monkey Knowledge you wouldn't be able to afford it in BTD6 at that price. And with the addition of 3D obstacles, 0/0/0 Dartling Guns wouldn't be as useful being slow and inaccurate with only 1 pierce and getting blocked by 3D obstacles.

EDIT: Changed the first upgrade in the bottom path to be more enticing of an upgrade
                  The thing is that you control where you will place the dartlings, so you can place them where obstacles won't be a (major) problem. A single 0-3-2 Dart Monkey can solo several rounds, so while you would not put Dartling during your very first round, you quickly enough would get enough cash to put down Dartling.

Comment

You could still do that with a Dartling Gun that costs more. Just have a low level tower that can solo for a while, and then sell it when you can afford 2k. A single Dartling Gun with Faster Barrel spin is about the price of 2 0/0 Dartling Guns with more speed, so I don't see what the problem is if the plan is to spam multiple Dartling Guns early on

Comment

I think it is too expensive and too powerful for lower rounds, so Faster Barrel Spin should be an upgrade instead.
                      Last edited by BP101697; 09-08-18, 11:54 AM.

Comment

If Faster Barrel Spin is an upgrade, then that centralizes the upgrade paths that people get when choosing the tower. Similar to the Sniper and to a lesser extent the Super Monkey, the top paths for those towers are almost never omitted because they are the only way to get a sizeable upgrade to popping power.

The Ice Tower had to get a price increase as it comes with Snap Freeze, likely due to that upgrade being an integral part of the tower. It's the same in this case.

The Dartling Gun almost cost $1000 in BTD5 and $1200 in BTD4; it's not meant to be a cheap tower for the earlier rounds
                        Last edited by Zario777; 10-08-18, 10:35 AM.

Comment

To solve that little problem, make the dartling gun as cheap like in BTD5 and make Faster Barrel Spin as a Monkey Knowledge upgrade.

I REALLY hope it will be solved for you guys

Comment

I think btd 6 needs some sort of missle launcher similar to some of these upgrade mentioned. Basically a new tower which fires a missile that follows your cursor or on mobile where your touching. There could be upgrades including adding more missiles per shot, optional automatic targeting and faster missiles or faster reload.
                            really i just wanna see something new.

Comment

i will share my thought and idea of what the dartling gun would works on btd6 in my opinion

first path:
                              focused firing: dart are more accurate (cheap)
                              powerful darts: +2 pierce (cheap)
                              laser cannon: +15 pierce, can't shoot purples, can pop frozens (pretty expensive)
                              crystal powered lasers: shoot big high pierce lasers (+50 pierce) that can go through any obstacle (map obstacles) and pop any bloon type (+ 1 moab/fortified dmg if you have bloonstonium darts) fire rate increased (around +15000 $)
                              ray of doom: just a big permanent laser that destroy anything (100000+ $)

second path:
                              aim strategic: add two aim modes for the dartling gun: static and automatic. static allow you to make the dartling gun shoot in only one direction, automatic will try to shoot the first bloon. (cheap)
                              bloontonium darts: can pop any bloon type, and add extra ceramic dmg (medium cost)
                              hydra rocket pods: fire explosives rockets unstead of darts, they can pop blaxk bloons and DDTs (expensive)
                              areal denial: fire 3 rockets at once, add an ability that shoot 5 barrage of multiple rockets overtime. (very expensive, 15000+ $)
                              explosive heavy weaponery: areal denial is now permanent, the ability now increase damage, moab damage, blast radius and shoot non stop barrages of rockets at once for 20 seconds. (extremely expensive)

third path:
                              faster firing: increased fire rate (cheap)
                              dual shoot: shoot two dart at once unstead of 1 (medium/expensive cost)
                              shredder darts: fire dart that can deal extra damage to MOABS, fire rate increased (3200 $)
                              dart barrage: quikly fire 5 darts at onces for several seconds. dartling gun will have to rest for a few seconds between each dart barrage (expensive, around 5000$)
                              monkey siege: dartling gun fire even more quickly and no longer have the need to rest. (27000$, cheapest 5th tier of the 3)

Comment

Working...
                              X