Buffing Some of the Weaker Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffing Some of the Weaker Upgrades

Comanche Defense: The Helicopter should get an attack speed boost to make up for the price you pay for an occasional buff.
    Shimmer: I think they should pop bloons once before revealing. Not saying that Shimmer itself is a weak upgrade, but that path itself could use a little buff in popping power.
    Unpopped Army: I think the bloons should be spawned on the track depending on where you set your targeting instead of random. Like towards the end of the track (in their range) if First, towards the beginning if on Last, and towards the closest/strongest if on close/strong)
    Bomber Ace: I think the explosions should have bloontonium in them, and deal extra damage to fortified bloons just to make up for their lack of expertise in comparison to Neva-Miss or Fighter Place
    Spiked Mines: Should either be lower in price or should throw out two mines at once instead of one. And the explosions should be able to pop black/zebra bloons

Thoughts? Any upgrade paths you guys think should be buffed?
    Last edited by Zario777; 05-08-18, 06:02 PM.

Originally posted by Zario777 View Post
    Comanche Defense: The Helicopter should get an attack speed boost to make up for the price you pay for an occasional buff.
    Shimmer: I think they should pop bloons once before revealing. Not saying that Shimmer itself is a weak upgrade, but that path itself could use a little buff in popping power.
    Unpopped Army: I think the bloons should be spawned on the track depending on where you set your targeting instead of random. Like towards the end of the track (in their range) if First, towards the beginning if on Last, and towards the closest/strongest if on close/strong)
    Bomber Ace: I think the explosions should have bloontonium in them, and deal extra damage to fortified bloons just to make up for their lack of expertise in comparison to Neva-Miss or Fighter Place
    Spiked Mines: Should either be lower in price or should throw out two mines at once instead of one. And the explosions should be able to pop black/zebra bloons

I agree, they should also make an easier way to make money so that you don't get a game over like in the first few seconds of a round

Comment

Comanche already gets better weapons without the extra helpers.

giving shimmer an attack defeats the purpose of the remaining upgrades. Reanimated MOABs from prince of dankness should be able to hit MOABs.

bomber ace is pineapples 2.0 lel 🍍

Do the spiked mines STILL don’t pop blacks/zebras smh my head nk fix ur game
      I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
        Comanche already gets better weapons without the extra helpers.

giving shimmer an attack defeats the purpose of the remaining upgrades. Reanimated MOABs from prince of dankness should be able to hit MOABs.

bomber ace is pineapples 2.0 lel 🍍

Do the spiked mines STILL don’t pop blacks/zebras smh my head nk fix ur game
        Comanche Commander maybe, but I'm talking about Comanche Defense which still shoots the same

Shimmer doesn't activate that often and Unpopped Army + Prince can pop Purple Bloons and the undead MOABs do damage the MOAB-class bloons, they are just really weak. A buff to their damage would be appreciated though for a 24k tower

True

And yeah I just tested it unfortunately. It's hard to visually see, but you can hear the noise that the bloons makes when they resist an explosion

Comment

Shimmer doesn't activate that often
          It activates often enough to decamoize an infinite stream of DDTs or ceramics, as long as the track has a semblance of a bend in it (basically every track has a place except for #ouch, chutes, and rake)

Comment

Originally posted by PTpirahna View Post
            It activates often enough to decamoize an infinite stream of DDTs or ceramics, as long as the track has a semblance of a bend in it (basically every track has a place except for #ouch, chutes, and rake)
            I mean in terms of also having an offensive property to it. It would be like a slower BTD4 Ring of Fire, or more like a static BTD5 Signal Flare without the Burny Stuff

Comment

Shimmer decamos up to 200 bloons every 3 seconds I think and the range is bigger than the tower’s.
              I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

If you ask me, the IMF Loan is what could really use help.

Comment

I think Spiked Mines should have a larger explosion, perhaps the size of a Bigger Bombs explosion rather than a pitiful baby-sized explosion of a normal Bomb Shooter. That will increase reliability against Grouped Bloons. And it will then be a good counter to big rush rounds like Round 63 for a similar price to a Ultra-Juggernaut, a Bloon Impact plus moderately decent defense, four Blade Maelstroms, or a single Super Maelstrom.
                  If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

And also, I reckon that Molotov Ability from Gwendolin is bugged for unintentional purpose issues. The molotov is thrown randomly instead of placing in a logical place like several steps in front of the upcoming bloons. I reckon the molotov should be thrown based on the target setting; set on First and she'll throw several steps in front of upcoming bloons, set on Last and she'll throw in front of the last bloon, set on Close and she'll throw as close as possible, and set on Strong and she'll throw in front of the strongest bloons.
                    If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Evaluating all the other upgrades I haven't mentioned, I will say what I think needs buffing of the upgrades I haven't mentioned from your list:
                      • I reckon Shimmer just needs a price drop; in the appropriate watered maps Submerge and Support is the best way to go for reliable camo-stripping of any bloon, as Shimmer is just too slow to be worthwhile despite its cool large range. Just get a Village with Radar and that will be much more reliable camo detection.
                      • Necromancer upgrade balance change idea sounds really useful, and I agree that the undead bloons need a better spawning/targeting algorithm.
                      • Bomber Ace probably just needs more bombs lined across each attack. Perhaps it should deploy the 4 bombs more often, so instead of deploying the group of 4 bombs every 3 seconds it should be deploying the group of 4 bombs every 1 second. And that will help make the bombs be less random, and thus more reliable. I like the idea of adding bloontonium to them, but I don't think this will be an addition because most explosions without special upgrades just don't pop Blacks or Zebras. Fortified Bloon bonus damage could be a possible addition though.

Comment

Apologies if I do lots and lots of replyings consecutively, but I still think there are a lot more weak upgrades out there that need further addressing:
                        • Absolute Zero - Really weak ability compared to the affordability. Only slows MOAB-class for less than 10 seconds and all normal bloons aren't really bonusly frozen besides popping freeze-immune bloons. And the tower itself is still really weak too, with only 300 pierce, and it doesn't do any bonus addition. Plus, the Icicle Impale is much more reliable for a Tier-5 upgrade for cheaper price.
                        • Super Mines - That decreased attack speed nerf is disturbing. But what could be worse than a decreased attack speed? No DDT-popping power. Terribly unreliable against especially DDTs, because the explosions don't damage Black properties at all, and it's a Tier-5 upgrade. And it costs $175,000 for the upgrade alone. It should be a lot more powerful than that. And it describes the mines to "wipe out almost anything", so why should it be terribly weak for its high price? You can get a 2/0/4 Dark Champion for cheaper than even the upgrade alone and it will deal much better against all types of bloons.
                        • Cryo Cannon - Baby-sized ice explosions for $2000? Doesn't really help much for its massive price. All it does is shoot like a normal tower, and it tends to be easily overwhelmed by bloons.
                        • Glue Storm - The Glue Storm is still rip-off, because the glue just isn't powerful enough in slowness potency to non-MOAB-class, which is probably what I would expect the most for this Tier-5 tower.
                        • Apache Dartship - Compared to Spectre, the Apache is weaker for a higher price of $20000 + other upgrades, compared to $17000 + other upgrades for the Monkey Ace. Mainly because it's easily overwhelmable by Blacks and Zebras. 1) It is easily overwhelmed by Blacks and Zebras unless you micro the Razor Rotors, which is not ideal; and 2) The darts aren't strong enough to pierce through the Blacks and Zebras to avoid having to micro heaps. Probably the best solution is to reduce the price of the the Apache Dartship to $17500 or to grant the power for the missiles to pop Blacks and Zebras.
                        • Wizard Lord Phoenix - Still quite weak with that ability. It'd be cool for the $80,000 that a Firestorm reaction would appear upon activation of the Wizard Lord Phoenix ability, so as to compensate the delay before the massive destruction by the Wizard Lord Phoenix bird. If not, probably a price buff would do.
                        • The Flying Fortress - Looks cool, but besides saving land space, it is quite inefficient compared to six Spectres with similar price to a single Flying Fortress. There just isn't enough bombs or darts from the Flying Fortress, but I wonder if it's just how the Flying Fortress homes all of its projectiles in on bloons.

Comment

I personally don't mind the multiple replies, but I know some admins do in some forums so it really depends on them.

It's weird that the White Hot Spikes upgrade kinda gets forgotten in the later upgrades of the Spike Factory's top path. Spiked Mines and Super Mines should be able to take out DDTs.
                          I feel like the Phoenix Lord shouldn't transform itself (Without leaving like a clone on the ground) because it loses a static tower while it transforms which seems counter-intuitive.
                          I think the Glue Storm ability (And maybe Absolute Zero) needs to be scrapped altogether. Glue Striker (and Snowstorm) are already solid abilities and I don't think that there's any way to make those abilities stronger that would warrant a Tier-5 Upgrade. So maybe the devs need a different approach for those upgrades.
                          I agree with Cryo Cannon. I think the Monkey Knowledge for it helps, but I'm not sure.

As for the other things you said, I don't use em much to have much input, but ya seem to know what you're talking about so I agree lol

Comment

IMO, Spiked mines should just get a speed boost and the explosion that pops 4 layers like in BTD5O. In BTD5O what makes them so good is the Speed boost. Same for Mega Mines, keep the speed boost and not slow down. If anything, have another speed boost on Super mines and it would actually worth the 175k. Oh, and pop black and zebra.

IMO Shimmer is fine. It's surpringly good even without bends and good when there isn't a good sub placement. But anything, a little price drop.

Wizard lord phoenix needs a serious buff, to the main attack. It's not even close to being worth 80k.

I think Glue Storm might just need a buff to the main tower, to splatter more bloons and use stickier glue on it, and spot camo bloons.

I think the ice tower itself need to be reworked. It's pretty much garbage now, the pierce limit utterly kills it. Here's my idea for buffs:

Ice Shards - pierce increased to 100
                            4/X/X ice - Pierce increased to 200
                            5/x/x ice - Pierce increased to 1000
                            Arctic wind - pierce increase to 200
                            Absolute zero - along with the Ability, can freeze white and zebra, Spot camo bloons and remove camo status from them, pierce increased to 1000
                            I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
                            BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
                            f you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

I was thinking Glue Storm could be like Hot Glue where it constantly damages the bloons on screen while gluing them. Make it like an off-brand Pop and Awe ability. I can understand Spiked Mines not having a speed boost because I feel like BTD6 wants to move away from having one tower being able to hold its own and encourage the use of multiple, but it still needs something to justify its price

Comment

Working...
                              X