Towers whose power is only accessible through losing life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towers whose power is only accessible through losing life

Honestly, who thought this was a solid idea?
    If you're going to create a game with game modes where you legit have 1 life and no way of getting more, why would you decide that " hey this tower you just purchased has its popping power gated behind you taking damage. " None of these towers are going to be viable because there will always be a better option. Why spend so much money to have some effect happen when losing lives when you can just spend your money on a tower that prevents you from losing lives in the first place? Here's my idea to fix the towers that have this.

Elite Defender
    Spoiler:
    So his name is defender... but he only becomes stronger when those he's supposed to defend gets hurt?
    I think the Elite Defender is not only bad game play wise, but thematically makes no sense. Just change it so that he gains more attack speed based on how far the first bloon is on the screen (the further, the faster), and if for some reason bloon gets past, he should shot at maximum speed for the rest of the round.

Bomb Blitz
    Spoiler:
    I don't think this one is inherently bad, its quite powerful. But it's still not viable for the same reason as the other ones.
    I think instead of having this only activate upon losing lives, I think it should activate after a set amount of time passes in a round. Lets say after 1 minute passes in a round, bomb blitz activates automatically. This would not only introduce some new strategies, but make it more reliable for later in the game.

Legend of the night
    Spoiler:
    Why would you get this? Just buy some Dark Champions and you'll be ight..
    I think to fix this tower, have its dark portal energy thing activate upon reaching a certain number of pops in a round. Maybe like upon getting 100k pops, he automatically activates his power on the first bloon on the screen. This would make him viable later on when he can reliably get pops

Soul Bind
    Spoiler:
    SOUL BIND LUL
    Honestly, i think this might be one of the coolest towers in the game. The soul binding ability is thematically cool as heck, and this dude looks like a boss. However, you come to realize that hey this guy kinda s t i n k s. He saves your life by weakening your entire strategy. I have multiple ideas for fixes on this dude tho

Idea 1. How cool would it be if monkeys were to fight in desperation to not have their souls lost? With this idea, Soul binding a monkey permanently makes that monkey stronger(maybe attack faster or deal more damage). It makes sense doesn't it?
    Idea 2. Have it so that whenever a monkey is sacrificed, The Necromancer's undead army permanently gets stronger (as in does more layers of damage). Makes sense no?... I just wanna see some undead moabs
    Idea 3. Have it be that soul binding a monkey with a certain number of pops (maybe over 100k?) will make you take no damage from the next bloon that gets through. What this means is that you don't have to sacrifice your strongest tower, but if you sacrifice a tower that reliably pops for you, you can leak a whole B.A.D (might need some cost nerfs)

These are my ideas, and I wish to see what you guys think.
    If Ninja Kiwi is dead set on keeping these guys in the game, Then I think they should add another tower or.. thing that has a skill expressive way of leaking bloons, but not losing lives.
    Thanks for reading, and have a great day.

Compared to the other life-losing strategies, Soulbind has a negative effect...

Here's my suggestion: The Soulbound towers, when sold, have a ghost replica which acts exactly like the tower for the next 3 rounds or so. If lives are lost, the ghost towers will be sacrificed. This way you can get lots more towers on the map (although still only one of each tier 5) and still have the comfort of life-gaining when needed.

(Reanimating moabs would be incredible as well)
    Test your knowledge with the Ultimate BTD6 Quiz!

Comment

I just wish these upgrades would have actual descriptions on them so that I don't have to look up what they do.
      I needed a new signature and profile picture because the bloonchipper is not in the game anymore. The new tower:

It’s a corrosive glue gunning layer stripping road spiking buff giving MOAB exploding transforming bloon shrinking tower dependent fairly cheap banana farm. It's... The Alchemist!

RIP Bloonchipper. You were a good tower

Comment

Legend of the Night should make a full stopper portal that prevents all bloons from reaching the exit(s) once one bloon reaches about 10 pixels near the ending path exit, in which the portal lasts for up to 10 seconds or until the Legend of the Night is sold. Once 10 seconds is up, then it's not activatable unless sold and rebought. Activatable only once per round, so no sell-rebuy within late-game rounds.

For Elite Defender, just do the straight-on 4x attack speed buff only, as well as perhaps another 4x attack speed buff if a life is lost. 5th-Tiers are meant to be super powerful, right?

Bomb Blitz should be changed so that it always does tertiary cluster bombs, as well as every third shot doing quarternary cluster bombs, as well as all bombs popping Blacks and Zebras.

Soulbind should turn all leaked bloons up to MOABs into full-health zombie MOABs that kill as much health to the bloons as the zombie MOABs themselves have. Hypno-Shroom anyone?
        If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

I even didn't know that the Legend of the Night has such an effect, because when I can afford it if a bloon leaks it's usually the end for me.

I think they should retain these effects, but they should be only side effects (because in freeplay only Moabs and sometimes "UCCRODs" leak, and when they do it's already game over), and the towers should get extra main effects.

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyxp2000 View Post
            Legend of the Night should make a full stopper portal that prevents all bloons from reaching the exit(s) once one bloon reaches about 10 pixels near the ending path exit, in which the portal lasts for up to 10 seconds or until the Legend of the Night is sold. Once 10 seconds is up, then it's not activatable unless sold and rebought. Activatable only once per round, so no sell-rebuy within late-game rounds.

For Elite Defender, just do the straight-on 4x attack speed buff only, as well as perhaps another 4x attack speed buff if a life is lost. 5th-Tiers are meant to be super powerful, right?

Bomb Blitz should be changed so that it always does tertiary cluster bombs, as well as every third shot doing quarternary cluster bombs, as well as all bombs popping Blacks and Zebras.

Soulbind should turn all leaked bloons up to MOABs into full-health zombie MOABs that kill as much health to the bloons as the zombie MOABs themselves have. Hypno-Shroom anyone?
            Bomb Blitz already allows that, as well as MOAB Eliminator.

IMO the Elite Defender should fire 4x as fast without a life loss, as 5th tier are supposed to be powerful. Besides, I tested it if it loses a life, it doesn't even help. Sniper doesn't have a lot of PP to begin with, so it can't really save you.

I agree with the OP about fixing Legend of the Night and Bomb Blitz. Also, make LOTN being not one use. After it gets used, I have to rebuy it if I want to use it again.

about Soulblind... I agree it needs to be fixed.

I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
            BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
            my challenges, overhauled ratings
            If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

I find it interesting nobody mentions the Heart of Vengeance skill on the Druid, which I actually think is one of the Druid's best skills in the game. It's one of the main entities that make it a real clusterable and powerful tower like some were back in btd5(aka you can spam it and actually see results unlike most other towers and my limited experience), and in most cases there are really safe ways to leak bloons. A game mode having only 1 life is intended to be difficult, that much is obvious. There are a lot of factors that contribute to this difficulty, and one of those things, clearly, is not being able to use skills and abilities like these.

I think the real problem with the 4 skills listed by OP is not that they only take effect after losing a life and are worthless in a 1 life game, but the fact that they are all expensive tier 5 upgrades. Once you get to the point in the game where you can afford these towers, leaking is completely out of the question. You leak and you die. They're not like the Heart of Vengeance skill that can successfully be set up by just letting a few leads leak before round 30. I have to agree that these late game skills ought to be based on the furthest bloon on the track, rather than leaking lives. If you are at a point in the game where you can afford a tier 5 super monkey upgrade, you're not gonna be leaking 10 or 12 lives anymore, you'll be leaking hundreds. In that sense, the abilities listed are useless in even a normal game, not just a 1 life game, and I think this is what we should be looking at and questioning, not their viability in impoppable.

Edit: I just noticed Nemomon made a similar reply to me earlier
              Originally posted by Nemomon View Post
              I even didn't know that the Legend of the Night has such an effect, because when I can afford it if a bloon leaks it's usually the end for me.
              This is exactly my main point, and I think this should be addressed more than what the OP had intended to be addressed. I see no fault in locking these skills behind a mode that has lives to spare, but I do see fault in how expensive and far along the path these skills are.
              Blade Shooter > Tack Sprayer

Comment

Originally posted by sniper 355 View Post
                Bomb Blitz already allows that, as well as MOAB Eliminator.

IMO the Elite Defender should fire 4x as fast without a life loss, as 5th tier are supposed to be powerful. Besides, I tested it if it loses a life, it doesn't even help. Sniper doesn't have a lot of PP to begin with, so it can't really save you.

I agree with the OP about fixing Legend of the Night and Bomb Blitz. Also, make LOTN being not one use. After it gets used, I have to rebuy it if I want to use it again.

about Soulblind... I agree it needs to be fixed.
                I agree, maybe it should be not one-use. Seems a good idea. Worth the $200,000 it would be. So I agree.

On the other hand, how is my Soulbind idea?
                Last edited by qwertyxp2000; 08-07-18, 04:46 AM.
                If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Primatis View Post
                  I find it interesting nobody mentions the Heart of Vengeance skill on the Druid, which I actually think is one of the Druid's best skills in the game.
                  Heart of Vengeance is probably never mentioned because of how strong it can be.

Comment

I don't absolutely hate the concept for these towers... The concept is OK. The execution is just terrible.

My take on these towers would be like this. (Only one skill is activated at a time. A skill with lower value priority will be activated first)

Elite Defender: Upon upgrade, increases ASPD of all snipers by 50%. If a bloon leaks, prevent damage taken for 2 seconds (before damage is taken) and fires 3 times for every bloon in the screen, once every 0.4 seconds. The shots does +2/5/10/10/30 damage to each MOAB class bloon for each MOAB/BFB/ZOMG/DDT/BAD on the screen, and stuns them for 3/2/1/2/0.5 seconds. Additionally, all snipers on the screen shoot 50% faster and deal +4 damage for 15 seconds. When first built, this ability starts in full cooldown. This effect has a cooldown of 90 seconds, and has a priority of 2.

Damage prevention is a standard for all of these. The elite defender just makes all snipers shoot faster, both passively and when bloons leak. The cooldown is global, and rebuilding a Elite Defender will not refresh the cooldown.

Bomb Blitz: Upon upgrade, recursive explosions happen on every shot. Additionally, if a bloon leaks, prevent damage taken for 1 second and destroy all BFB class or below bloons, including DDT. Deals 1000 damage to ZOMG and BAD. This effect can only activate once per round, even if resold, and has a priority of 1.

This ability has a priority of 1, which means that if it can, it will activate before Elite Defender does. Elite Defender will only activate if bloons leak after the shield runs out.

Legend of the night: When a bloon leaks, or when activated manually, create a portal at the exit for 15 seconds. Bloons that enter the portal are instantly killed. When built, the ability starts in full cooldown. This ability has a cooldown of 40 seconds, and has a priority of 3. If manually activated, it turns all temples on the map into Dark Temples for the duration, then destroys itself. You cannot rebuild the Legend of the Night for 5 rounds if he is destroyed this way.

Not much to say. Again, a last ditch effort.

Soul Bind: When activated on a monkey, consumes it and turns the ground where it is standing on into dead ground. The monkey's soul will be fused into a MOAB, who will be summoned at the exit and will gradually move towards the entrance (at a speed of a ZOMG). The HP of the ZMOAB (Zombie MOAB) will be equal to [X% of Cost + Formula involving popcount that gives diminishing returns]. If the ZMOAB reaches the entrance, all bloons in the current and next round start with 33% less HP. If a Tier5 tower is sacrificed, he cannot be rebuilt until 5 rounds has passed. Dead Ground/Water will return to normal after 15 rounds.

Here. Have your MOAB.

Comment

I agree these towers should prevent leaking for a short time and not active when leaking. It would solve so many issues.
                      I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
                      BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
                      my challenges, overhauled ratings
                      If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

Originally posted by PTpirahna View Post

Heart of Vengeance is probably never mentioned because of how strong it can be.
                        I didn't hear much about Heart of Vengeance. These days I hear more of the noteworthy sucky upgrades.

Comment

I mean leaking lives can sort of be a strat like we were already doing that in battles and bmc
                          I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

I rather dislike the idea of any tower gaining powers from leakage when the only time I give much of a care about efficiency and what not is in CHIMPS and to a much less degree Impoppable.

Comment

The only problem I have with these suggestions is with Legend of the Night. You said it needed 100k pops in a round to activate in your ideal version... but... that's like a LOT of pops. Even in late-game scenarios, it takes a lot of rounds to build up to $100,000 when you're not spending money, meaning that the Legend of the Night would pretty much never be used. How about we cool our jets a little bit and make it a decent 1,000 to 2,500 pops instead? Even like 5,000 would be fine if you think those are too soon. 100,000, however, just seems a little bit ridiculous and it really takes away the usefulness of the tower.

Comment

Working...
                              X