Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leanmachineformeancuisine
    replied
    I played about in sandbox and it seems the Supermonkey combination 2-0-5 is the most damaging towards blimps. A strategy for very late game might be to have lots of these.

Leave a comment:

• Salmon
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, used privately it can be pretty epic!

• MatthaiosCore
    replied
    I actually think carrier flagship is pretty bad personally, but maybe I haven't used it properly.

Leave a comment:

• NyctoDarkMatter
    replied
    Flying Fortress is insane popping power for what it is. That said, Legend of the Night is terrible. Yeah, let me just sacrifice my lives to increase popping power. Oh wait, if I'm sacrificing lives, I'm either already dead or playing a very dangerous game. And if you're on a NLL mode, you just die, so what was the point of making him? Of course, the same can be said for buying monkey economic towers in CHIMPS mode, but at least those aren't putting money towards an instant game over buff.

Leave a comment:

• MemeLord
    replied
    The best upgrades in my opinion. 10. 2-x-5 Icicle Impale: I really love the idea of a ice-zooka, but it kinda bad that it doesn't do area damage (as in ice shattering.)

9. x-2-5 Elite Defender: So it attacks insanely fast and absorbs most things quickly also helps for DDt's. It is good for supporting your towers.
    Basically it is the most helpful for exp farming.

8. 5-2-x Primary Expertise: So it can almost take down a bad but it can ricochet across bloons and
    popping any kind of bloon making op.

7. 5-x-2 Sky Shredder: Well it is that kind of tower that cheats, it automatically pops lead and camo so yeah.

6. 5-2-x Apache Prime so it can pop anything but it shoots energy things that pop purple.

5. x-2-5 Flying Fortress: Only because it can take down a bad very fast.

4. 2-x-5 Tack zone: Basically this is the bane of all ceramics this really helped against the ceramics on those high rounds.

3. x-2-5 Prince of Darkness: So when you have multiple kings of popping power, this things summons stuff like super sane.

2. 5-2-x Arch Mage: So this is so strong, not as strong as the flying fortress but it just dominates most things.

1. x-2-5 Perma-Spike: With homeland defense this is the bane of completely everything, while homeland defense is activated and perma-spike has even faster production, perma-spike produces every half a second. It used to be kinda weak in bloons td 5, but it became a complete god, not gonna lie it is very cheap for something that can take a bad.

Some honorable mentions: Carpet of spikes, Bloon Master alchemist, Crossbow master, Monkey-Nomics, The Biggest one and The Bloon Solver.

Leave a comment:

• Bryccentric
    replied
    Hey, Snowstorm's pretty awesome now. Along with the ability, it also grants the Ice Monkey a largely-increased range that allows for any tower to be placed on top of water, which is very helpful in general and REALLY good in Off The Coast, especially in Co-op.
    I don't really know how much more useful Absolute Zero is, though, but it DOES grant a further range increase.

Leave a comment:

• Epi
    replied
    I think 0/0/4 heli pilot is seriously underwhelming for the 10k price tag it has. I find it ironic considering the third upgrade of the path is amazing and the 5th upgrade is downright broken. Maybe instead of having the mini commanchies come in like every 40 seconds have one come in permanently. Then I think it would be worth the price tag, and the upgrade to having three would make more sense.

Leave a comment:

• MemeLord
    replied
    Well I think perma-spike and super mines are the best upgrades. Why, well they easily aboard every single bloon in game. And I am pretty sure they absorb every single fan made bloon to.

Leave a comment:

• Sspurr
    replied
    Agreed that the 5 2 0 wizard is the best tower in the game and it's extremely cheap. It needs to be nerfed and made more expensive tbh.

Leave a comment:

• jasonc65
    replied
    The IMF loan. x-4-x farm. China is recolonizing Monkeyland.

Leave a comment:

• MechStar101
    replied
    Originally posted by pikminbiomaster View Post
    honestly are all the tier 5 upgrades bad? cause I honestly can't imagine any of them being worth the insane price tag they have on them
    I would say you are incorrect. Most are balanced, but others are just weak. None are insanely OP compared to the rest, but I find 5xx and xx5 ice monkeys stand out, but xx5 heli is probably the most OP you can get, while combined with a 4xx alchemist.

Leave a comment:

• pikminbiomaster
    replied
    honestly are all the tier 5 upgrades bad? cause I honestly can't imagine any of them being worth the insane price tag they have on them

Leave a comment:

• ThePlatPotato
    replied
    I disagree with the Striker Jones. Yes, he is an extremely situational hero but with all of those bomb shooter boosts it actually makes them quite powerful. For example with only 1 outside force (Village) a bomb shooter under Striker Jones could have the same popping power, possibly more, as a camo-seeinf Apprentice.

Leave a comment:

• MechStar101
    replied
    Striker Jones is not that bad, he has a fairly insane fire rate and makes occasional explosions work against DDTs (I think), and is the only hero that can STUN! Even though what he buffs is weak, it does not cause him to be weak.

Leave a comment:

• Nekogod04
    replied
    Originally posted by qwertyxp2000 View Post
    Here's my list of worst upgrades:

Worst:
    • 5th: Longer Reach (Spike Factory). Utterly useless. Weakens your spike production in general. Pretty much speaking, Spike Factory can already lob over obstacles, so we don't need something that broadens accuracy. You literally need to shell out more money to fix its reliability. Spend $150 for something better.
    • 4th: MOAB Domination. $75,000 and its pushbacks are too weak and slow. For $75,000, simply get more MOAB Pushes plus some MOAB Shoves and that will push them back well as well as doing decent damage. Much more reliable than this MOAB Domination.
    • 3rd: Bomb Blitz. Worse than Elite Defender in my opinion. The only bonus besides ability is the always recursive bombs plus Black Bloon popping, but just get a MIB and more Recursives. With Elite Defender, he shoots really fast normally, making him better than Bomb Blitz for a lower price than $35,000.
    • 2nd: Wizard Lord Phoenix. Still shoots very slowly and unreliably for $90,000. By the time you can afford him, it would be like Round 80+ or so, and not even his ability is enough to save you from massive MOAB-class rushes, or even Super Ceramic rushes. I could get like better defense for $90,000, like approx 3 or so Spectres under a MIB and that would do even better for $90,000 and that isn't even an ability.
    • 1st: Glue Storm. Why spend $15,000 on an upgrade whose initial cooldown still exists and its only purpose is glue storming the entire screen for longer duration? Absolutely garbage. Just purchase more Glue Strikers to back up if you need extra glue storms, but by then you've got better forms of glue defense such as replacing Path 2 Glues with Bloon Liquefiers or MOAB Glues.
    Wizard lord phenox has a slightly bigger dragons breath but other wise without the abillity meh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X