Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best and worst upgrades in BTD6

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Sniper you're right that the IMF loan doesn't take from your cash but from what I can tell it does take from your income, rather than getting pops in your cash pops go to reducing the loan

    Comment


    • #17
      Primary mentoring is actually decent as it allows you to spam 2/2 glue gunners in its radius. Even if you upgrade those gunners to 3/2, you're still saving a ton of money as compared to if you weren't using primary mentoring.

      Best in the game right now is perma-spike; nothing else comes close in terms of value for money.

      Worst in the game is the IMF loan; it is not only useless, it is counter-productive.
      Please follow my: | | - | | - | | - | |

      Comment


      • #18
        Some of the worst upgrades in my opinion are:
        • Elite Defender, which adds nothing except a temporary boost for a few seconds, which by that point you'd lose more than just little lives
        • Absolute Zero. I expected much better slowing down than that. Only a few seconds? And no permafrost effect for any bloon? I like the completely frozen MOAB-class idea, but the time for how long Absolute Zero stops them completely is too low for such a high price. And I got much better value in BTD5 Mobile, compared to $20,000 for the upgrade alone in BTD6.
        • Soulbind. I don't like having sacrificed towers sacrificed just to gain lives. It just doesn't seem great. And the amount of lives gained back isn't very much for the super high price to buy the upgrade itself. Also, Soulbind can be counter-productive in many cases.
        • Monkey City. Free Dart Monkeys isn't much value anyway, and it is more likely you'd buy something other than Dart Monkeys. And it's right behind an already expensive upgrade Monkey Town, and Monkey Town is good value. Monkey City should instead discount on ALL upgrades (including 5th-tier upgrades) for towers around the radius, then I'd say it's worth it, even if it's a price of $12,000.
        • Super Mines. Brilliant concept, but the price for the upgrade itself is just way overpriced for what it does. $175,000 for the upgrade itself for a tower that cannot deal normal bloons well? Even Perma-Spike is even better, at a price way cheaper. Either bump down the price to $100,000 or give the explosions infinite popping power and I'll buy it.
        • Ultra Juggernaut. Not really useful. The additional secondary projectiles that explode from the original Juggernaut would be useful if those secondary projectiles moved faster, but they at the moment miss too often to be useful because they are just too slow.

        If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Mathgodpi View Post
          Primary mentoring is actually decent as it allows you to spam 2/2 glue gunners in its radius. Even if you upgrade those gunners to 3/2, you're still saving a ton of money as compared to if you weren't using primary mentoring.

          Best in the game right now is perma-spike; nothing else comes close in terms of value for money.

          Worst in the game is the IMF loan; it is not only useless, it is counter-productive.
          Primary Mentoring Applies only to tier 1, not tier 2. That's why it's so useless. It's the tier 5 that applies to tier 2.

          as for mines, Iwhen placed right, they can do utterly sick damage. They can kill a BFB in 2 explosions. But yeah... a bit expensive. Maybe 125k-150k.

          I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
          BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
          ,
          f you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

          Comment


          • #20
            I really miss the chipper, and I'm trying to find out what tower will eat the bananas like the chipper did (fully upgraded) in Bloons TD5 ???

            Comment


            • #21
              I should point out that Monkey City boosts the Village's effect range, so it's helpful for more than the free Dart Monkeys.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by sniper 355 View Post
                Primary Mentoring Applies only to tier 1, not tier 2. That's why it's so useless. It's the tier 5 that applies to tier 2.
                Good catch; I was thinking of the expertise upgrade.
                Please follow my: | | - | | - | | - | |

                Comment


                • #23
                  Primary mentoring is better than most people realize. Use a chinook to move the tower after getting free upgrades. You'll make your money back.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by calisi View Post
                    I really miss the chipper, and I'm trying to find out what tower will eat the bananas like the chipper did (fully upgraded) in Bloons TD5 ???
                    As someone who feels similarly, I've come to deeply appreciate the Heli's MOAB Shove -- even one with good coverage will stop MOABs dead in their track.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      the best upgrade is the spectra

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I am a huge fan of Arcane Spike. Cheap, pops almost everything and wrecks MOABs (especially with Knowledge upgrade). My other favorites are Full Auto, x-x-3 and x-x-5 Crossbows, and good ole Sun Avatar.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Super monkey fan club, in my opinion, will always be bad. It is expensive for a dart monkey, and for the time you get, it seems a little weaker than some of the others. Plus, for it to work properly, you have to clutter the map with dart monkeys, where really good towers could go.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I want to mourn the lose of 2/0/4 submarines, which were incredibly awesome, and now are not. =(

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by connorjb111 View Post
                              Super monkey fan club, in my opinion, will always be bad. It is expensive for a dart monkey, and for the time you get, it seems a little weaker than some of the others. Plus, for it to work properly, you have to clutter the map with dart monkeys, where really good towers could go.
                              For my money 2/0/4 boomerang thrower is better. A little knockback on moabs and 2-4 of them aiming down a stretch of path can kill an astonishing number of bloons.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I remember I said the Ultra Juggernaut was one of the worst. Whoops. Well back then, I underestimated what it would be useful for. I could never had known how useful it was against Rounds 63, 76, and 78 at shredding them up. But even then, that is probably the Ultra Juggernaut's only strength; however, that is one of many reliable options for beating such deadly rounds. So now I don't say Ultra Juggernaut is that bad.
                                If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X