This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emulator Compatibility (For PC)

For those of you interested, we will be working on a steam release at some point.
    However until that point, even though we do not officially support this it is possible to run BTD6 in emulators using the android operating system, so I have put together a list of some options you can use. If you are an android device user normally you should be able to purchase the game on your mobile device then use this same account to log in on any android emulator then simply install and play using the same purchase.
    If anyone wants me to look at another emulator and add it to this list feel free to recommend.

List of currently working emulators
    Bluestacks: Seems to run without issue
    Nox: Performs okay but with serious graphics issues
    Droid4x: Also Performs okay but with serious graphics issues

Note that if you purchase the game in the Android Play Store you can play across any android devices, however you will have to purchase the game again on steam if you wish to play there as well. Likewise, if you purchase the game in the Android Play Store using an emulator, or any other android device, you will have to purchase it again if you wish to play on any iOS device.

Some people on emulators are getting a "Your device isn't compatible with this version" error.
    To resolve this in your emulator's device settings you can assign more memory and change the type of device you are emulating.
    If this doesn't work, some people have solved by reinstalling their emulator.
    If you have graphics issues, through settings change the graphical rendering mode from opengl to directx on your emulator
    Last edited by Rohan Sharpe Anforth; 14-06-18, 08:37 PM.
    No badgers were harmed in the making of this forum. Most likely. I'm like, 75% sure. But don't quote me on that or I'll have to harm a badger.

Happy to send NK a double dose of cashola, as long as the saved cloud data is cross-compatible between the mobile and Steam versions.
    Please follow my: | YouTube | - | Twitch | - | NinjaKiwi | - | Math Channel |

Comment

Originally posted by Mathgodpi View Post
      Happy to send NK a double dose of cashola, as long as the saved cloud data is cross-compatible between the mobile and Steam versions.
      We heard they are, but I hope in-game purchases are also cross-compatible. I mean, I really wouldn't want to buy again tower skins on another device if I already bought them in my main device. I don't mind at all buying them ONCE, after all I won't die if I will drink one beer less this month, but I don't really want to buy them 10 times...

Comment

It's set up like Battles mobile so you can use the same account/data on mobile then Steam.
        Originally posted by Nemomon View Post

We heard they are, but I hope in-game purchases are also cross-compatible. I mean, I really wouldn't want to buy again tower skins on another device if I already bought them in my main device. I don't mind at all buying them ONCE, after all I won't die if I will drink one beer less this month, but I don't really want to buy them 10 times...
        Be careful though!

Comment

Its not compatible with bluestacks, it says ''This device is incompatible with this version.'' (translated from german to english)

Comment

Originally posted by Toma View Post
            Its not compatible with bluestacks, it says ''This device is incompatible with this version.'' (translated from german to english)
            It is, as long as you have it set to emulate android 5, because that's what the game requires. I personally don't know how to change that, but that's the direction to look in. Same goes for other emulators, they need to be running a high enough version of android.
            Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
            BTD5 stuff: DC archive
            BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
            SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
            Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

Its a shame, i was so desperate to play this game but i can't since there is no PC version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toma View Post
                You might be using an older version of Bluestacks (you need Bluestack 3N). The game works fine with slight lag for me using Bluestacks, as for the other emulators like Droid4x would freeze at the start of the game. Nox is playable but the graphic would glitches.
                Last edited by sarumaru0112; 17-06-18, 06:50 PM.

Comment

We want it now on PC or RIOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vlastimir View Post
                    We want it now on PC or RIOT!!!
                    Like a child who dont got ice cream lol

Comment

Bluestacks is working pretty flawlessly for me so far!

Comment

I find it ironic that I will have to wait for Steam to be able to play a game on my Linux desktop, that was developed under Android.
                        I weep for the vision we once had about how the internet was supposed to work

Comment

Hello
                          I've been playing BTD 6 on my Handy for a few days and now I wanted to play it on the PC via the Bluestacks Version 3 program.
                          The problem is that I can not install it.
                          It stands there:
                          Your device is not compatible with this version
                          I have the as said the version 3 (3.56.73.1817)
                          Engine version 2.56.74.1264
                          still for information I have Windows 10
                          I hope you can help me
                          MFG
                          Rockerlocke

Comment

You want version 3N changes the engine version to 4.3.24.4011

Comment

Hey thanks for the info but can this Programm not auomatic update to newer Version ?

Comment

Working...
                              X