No announcement yet.

BTD6 Bug Report Thread / Known Issues List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jungle's Bounty's income is not added to the tower's pop count (unlike farms and merchantmen).

Churchill's level 10 ability does not add to his pop count.

Spike Factory spikes are cleared at the end of the round in Apopalypse mode.

Hypothermia Monkey Knowledge is pretty pointless now that Snowstorm was buffed to freeze whites and zebras.

edit since I'm not sure how to respond to Topper 's comment:
    Obyn is bugged because he double counts. If he pops 1 bloon with his tree and gives you $2, he gets 3 added to his pop count. If I pop 1 bloon with a dart monkey, which gives me $1, the dart monkey should get 1 pop.

The issue with Obyn is that he counts both the initial bloon pop and the money given.
    Last edited by frds; 14-08-18, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• Topper
      Topper commented
      Editing a comment
      Earlier in the thread you noted that Obyn's tree is bugged because it *does* add to the pop count, although it was never added to the list and I am not sure which is the intended behaviour for towers that can actually pop.

Hey! Been following your guides/video's on youtube, some great work over there.
    I've completed every map with a black border, expect the 2 expert maps. I've been bored because there is no new content out, so I've tried to do some High-round attemps.
    The problem/bug is that the game is a super lag-fest when it comes to late game. I'm not sure if it's my PC (gtx 750 2gb / i5-2500 / 16gb ram and running 64bit windows 10).
    Recently I've gotten to round 280 on Logs and 210 on Firing Range - Both took a couple of days (4 hours of gameplay each, perhaps more).
    Sometimes the game freezes, plays in slow-motion and crashes. Whenever I have any temples it's basically twice or three times as bad, It's not playable.
    So I re-done my setups (Temple-less) And it improved a tiny bit. Game still freezes, lags and crashes, But not quiet as often.
    Is there any way to reduce lag on my side? Could you guys perhaps Reduce entity counts (Projectiles etc..) after round 100 so the game runs smoother?
    I play on Bluestacks, and have virtualisation thing.. enabled. Please help!

Comment

Been putting off making an account here, here are some things I've noticed lately (most of which are really quite minor, but seem to be bugs nonetheless):

Not sure if unintentional or not:
      Monkey banks: These glow red when full. However, if you save and quit to menu, and then return to the game, they no longer have the red glow. The glow resumes after pressing play.

Probably unintentional:
      Ninjas+Alchemists: There seems to be an inconsistency with the range over which Caltrops are thrown. I tested this with 402 Alchemists and 002 Ninjas. Placing an Alchemist followed by a Ninja resulted in Caltrops being thrown across the Ninja's increased range. However if the Ninja is placed first, and then the Alchemist is placed such that the Ninja is within range, then the Ninja only throws Caltrops over the smaller range (i.e. it ignores the range boost provided by the Alchemist).
      I repeated this experiment several times using just one Alchemist rather than two. I placed a Ninja, then an Alchemist, then a Ninja on the other side. Interestingly, one time the second Ninja threw Caltrops over his extended range, the other times time he didn't. Wanted to get a video of the first one but wasn't able to replicate it. This was all done in Sandbox mode.
      Tower list: In the right hand bar where the towers are, there is a small gap beneath the tower/power and play/fast forward buttons down here where you can select a tower.

Insignificant but had it written down so I may as well mention it:
      SUPER Range Monkey Knowledge: Because of the font used, it's hard to tell the word "Super" is capitalised. You only notice it if you haven't purchased it yet, and you tap the next upgrade down, where it will say "Requires SUPER Range". As a result, the name of the upgrade looks boring in comparison to all the others. Perhaps this should be renamed? Image.
      Last edited by Alira; 18-08-18, 03:02 PM. Reason: Adding image, rewording bits

Comment

Not sure why the happened but one time while using Gwendolyn I used her Fire Bomb and she hurled it all the way to the Bloon entrance. She was in the middle of the Monkey Town map. Only explanation I can think of is she tries to throw it at a target in range if there is one, but the only target was popped at the exact moment of using the ability. Maybe that broke the targeting? Pure speculation though. That's one heck of a throwing arm to throw it that far though!

Comment

Just a few things
          Banks don't seem to glow when full, and if the last bloon in a round is hooked by a buccaneer, and the next is manually started, the round counter doesn't progress, but the next round comes out. I did this on round 80 and 81 didn't have super ceramics because of this, interestingly enough.
          This is as of 3.0 in it's state at the time of this post

Comment

x/x/5 glue gunner can sometimes stop BADs. Not sure what causes it.
            Last edited by Topper; 13-09-18, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Money from the Monkey Town upgrade does not get added to the pop count for that building.

Comment

Originally posted by mountswolmore
                My wife and I have noticed that the game will occasionally end with no bloons near the exit. I don't know if there are so many bloons they're not actually rendered, but towers near the end wont be attacking and the level will end. I've also had this happen with 1000+25 lives where I will lose out of nowhere.

Some levels will fail to end. Bloons will stop coming, but level will not complete. Relaunching game resets current level, but even after resetting twice I've had the issue occur every time.
                I have noticed this too. At first I thought I must have just not seen something but it's happened on long tracks where the path near the exit is easy to see, has plenty of length, and I absolutely would have noticed leakers.

Don't know if it's bloons not rendering or some kind of bug but I can definitely say it's happened to me. I don't remember which tracks, but I do remember it usually happens in the 90s, but sometimes 70s.

edit - this is on ios, 6s+ 64gb

Comment

I had a weird targeting situation happen today, where my monkey sub with advanced intel was targeting a ZOMG that hadn't made it onto the screen yet (already odd since it wasn't in range of any of my non-sniper towers), and when the darts got to the bottom of the screen, they pass through the ZOMG without hitting it and loop back into the screen from the bottom.

Did some more testing, and it looks like it's a glue gunner that's allowing the sub to shoot, even though the ZOMG isn't yet in the glue gunner's range. Pretty easy to reproduce on the Town Center map by building 2/0/0 sub on the left, a glue gunner at the base of the windmill, and a 4/0/2 sniper anywhere that can see the entrance, then sending a ZOMG.

It looks like any MOAB-class bloon can be targeted in this way, but only ZOMGs and DDTs can't actually be damaged by the sub.

Comment

I noticed while using Captain Churchill at the start of every round the tanks main gun would just fire off a shell at nothing in particular in whatever direction it happened to be facing at the time. Consistently happened every round as soon as I started it. Warning shot? Test fire? Bug from having two independently firing guns that bear no similarities bound to a single tower? Thats all I can think of.

Comment

I beat Firing Range on half cash, and I have the medal for it, but it doesn’t show the medal in the maps menu. When I click on the map, and then click hard, it shows that I have a medal. However, when I’m looking at all the maps, it doesn’t show the half cash medal under the Hard medal. It’s annoying me to no end.

Comment

When the little Badges in the Difficulty selection screen where introduced the Half cash medal was on every map where I unlocked the Game mode ( I did not get the Medal it just has the Medal in the selection screen ).
                        I just did End of the Road on Double HP Moabs and again only in the Selection screen the Half Cash Medal is already there.

Short Version : If you unlock the Half Cash game mode the Medal in the game mode selection is always there.

Edit : found another Bug where the 3/0/0 Alchemist Ignores the Obstacales in the Hedge but not in other Maps .
                        Last edited by Rokmann; 07-09-18, 05:09 PM.

Comment

iPad Pro, latest updates, etc. Popping a BAD causes a hard crash of the BTD6 app suddenly. Noticed it two days ago on CHIMP mode in Hedge map. Reproduced it on the daily challenge yesterday. (off the coast, easy, standard). After a couple more crashes and reboots of the device and the app, it worked normally on Off the Coast. But it continues to crash the instant the BAD is popped in the saved game on Hedge.

Comment

Originally posted by inthrees View Post

I have noticed this too. At first I thought I must have just not seen something but it's happened on long tracks where the path near the exit is easy to see, has plenty of length, and I absolutely would have noticed leakers.

Don't know if it's bloons not rendering or some kind of bug but I can definitely say it's happened to me. I don't remember which tracks, but I do remember it usually happens in the 90s, but sometimes 70s.

edit - this is on ios, 6s+ 64gb
                            Yes, this "invisible balloons getting through and ending the game" happens to me occasionally. I’ve only noticed it when there are DDTs on the screen. Looking carefully, you can usually see that your towers have turned to fire, but the balloons are invisible.

Comment

occasionally the DDT's will fly straight through my permaspikes and n ot take any damage, completely messing
                              up my high round game, this only happens in freeplay, presumably because the extra speed glitches the DDT's
                              Last edited by foamywubba; 08-09-18, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X