This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    Your micksh account looks fine, if you want that account you should be able to use it. Contact us if you're still having any problems.
    I'm sorry, it was my fault. The "Login or sign up" link on top - dark grey letters on bright grey background - was barely visible on my monitor and I missed it. Only saw "register" link in text.

Yes, this whole Flash situation is sad after investing so much resources in development. I don't know if there is any good alternative for Flash games, haven't heard of any.

Comment

How about updates for BMC mobile? Still doesn't have everything Flash has. No second cities, camo dust, cuddly bear.
      The game says: the bloons have taken over your town
      Green and white Take It Back button appears
      But only in the tutorial
      I tweeted my silly fanfic @jasonc65

Monkeys are real
      Bombs are real
      #takeitback is real

Comment

Originally posted by jasonc65 View Post
        How about updates for BMC mobile? Still doesn't have everything Flash has. No second cities, camo dust, cuddly bear.
        I'm confident there's one coming up. Sam himself said that they were taking changes to CT into consideration.
        NO WAY HOW DOES HE DO IT???

Comment

Originally posted by antibot View Post

I'm confident there's one coming up. Sam himself said that they were taking changes to CT into consideration.
          Super ceramics and DDTs?
          But only in the tutorial

Monkeys are real
          Bombs are real
          #takeitback is real

Comment

Maybe BMC2 that is not created in the flash?

Comment

Yep there won't be any more proper updates for BMC web. We're moving away from Flash.

Your micksh account looks fine, if you want that account you should be able to use it. Contact us if you're still having any problems.
              That means we will all eventually have to get used to Mobile tower peculiarities. I have so far liked the Flash version for BMC better. Is it possible to transfer the tower properties we are used to to HTML5?
              But only in the tutorial

Monkeys are real
              Bombs are real
              #takeitback is real

Comment

Yeah we're not going to try make the mobile version work exactly the same.

BMC web won't be rebuilt in HTML5

Comment

That means, in all future bloons games:
                  -cleansing foam will suck
                  -AWMIB will need an additional support tower for rushes (but nothing for camos)
                  -bloon trap will be OP and be used more than farms
                  -hopefully, all future games will have the bananas worth a value commensurate with the game (BMCM being current)
                  -monkey fort will double pierce of some explosions, which is actually cool
                  -so will AA level 4
                  -flash bombs with max MK, fort, and ability will pop 6 layers (ouch!)
                  -boss strategies will be different (less fun in my oppinion)
                  -hopefully, the supply drop sniper bug will get fixed (why hasn't it?)
                  -it will be a lot tougher to spike moabs (and they won't be the round 6 variety), unless they port to Steam
                  -CT will be less fun
                  But only in the tutorial

Monkeys are real
                  Bombs are real
                  #takeitback is real

Comment

I'm not talking about future games at all though... Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying about HTML5

Comment

But isn't BMC Mobile built in Unity?

Originally posted by jasonc65
                      -hopefully, the supply drop sniper bug will get fixed (why hasn't it?)
                      The supply drop bug got fixed, at least for iOS that's the case.
                      Originally posted by Trump Monkey
                      Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

Comment

Yep there won't be any more proper updates for BMC web. We're moving away from Flash.
                        Other games like LOL,Slither,WOT.etc are killing it on the desktop platform,
                        So it's safe to say desktop games are here to stay.

So whats the plan for Ninja Kiwi desktop games in general?
                        Since Flash on it's own doesn't handle heavily coded games too well....what about c++ and/or other languages....??

Just observation over the years:
                        As well as nk producing awesome bloon games (especially BMC), the other underlying pin of strength is the community/forums surrounding these games. Which is a reason in itself why nk games have been so popular.

A vast amount of this community use the desktop platform, as forums are generally easier to use/navigate.
                        It seems to me, community interaction and sharing of ideas, doesn't seem as strong and is declining since the focus for nk has been on mobile for such long time.

I would even say that it has heavily affected games such as BMC,because the desktop version has been neglected.
                        Ok Flash is dying, but please tell me nk are looking at alternatives.

Steam? Maybe not... as it also has a separation from the nk community.
                        Last edited by incognito; 18-06-16, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonc65 View Post

Super ceramics and DDTs?
                          Super ceramics exist already. However, it would be nice to see DDTs.
                          My shameless advertising:

Comment

Originally posted by jasonc65
                            Super ceramics and DDTs?
                            Originally posted by The Mochinator

Super ceramics exist already. However, it would be nice to see DDTs.
                            The problem is - the ceramic's health is increased, but the bloons are still splitting into multiple children, which shouldn't be happening. Most likely just a slight error in the code, one that can be fixed very easily.
                            Well, I'm talking about mobile here, this is supposed to be a web discussion. :P
                            Originally posted by Trump Monkey
                            Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

Comment

The point of super ceramics not splitting is to reduce lag. The splitting creates more lag than the zomg packs. I can tell because I have Mastery Mode in BTD5M as a reference point. In BTD5, non-splitting ceramics appear as soon as you click "yes" to entering freeplay mode (not necessarily round 85). Moab packs appear in round 63 of Mastery. Temples defeat round 63 laglessly in Mastery Easy on my device, but in non-Mastery Medium where there's just ceramics, there's slight lag.

There is no sub-forum for Mobile, so I don't see why we can't discuss Mobile here.
                              But only in the tutorial

Monkeys are real
                              Bombs are real
                              #takeitback is real

Comment

I'd love to see a third city. Space theme, with pods covered with forcefields to contain the oxygen. You'd place monkeys on these pods, and maybe a new Astronaut monkey could be made, which could be placed outside the protective pods.

to see my legit-looking Rubicon, Rancor, and CM armor series.

Comment

Working...
                                X