Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMC Strategies

Hi everyone,

I haven't played Bloons Monkey City in ages, because I have been busy with battles and because I honestly am very bad at it. I want to play it again, but I know I'm not going to make it without some advise. Thus could anyone give me towers that are avialable early-, mid- and 'late-game'? (I count early the rounds before the first M.O.A.B. appears, mid where you have to deal with M.O.A.B.s and B.F.B.s, late with everything better than that)
    I have seen some videos of AlwaysRandomTowers, using a spike factory and ninja monkeys. Are there any other strategies that work too? I'd like to be creative but any time I try to, I just build too many farms causing me to sell all of them the round after or just die. My knowledge in Bloons Monkey City is clearly far worse than I'd expected. (Yes, I know for the very hard tiles there isn't much variatioin but I'm literally stuck with some 'Hard' Z.O.M.G. and D.D.T. levels).

Thanks in advance,

K_Rooijackers.

What level are your cities??
    What upgrades have you got - have you got any tier 4 upgrades??
    Have you got any MK - if so, what levels??
    Last signature "mysteriously" disappeared ....
    .... let's see how long this one lasts ......

Comment

City level is 30, all tier 4 towers, if MK is monkey knowledge than all level 2-3.

Comment

For the water maps, use Boats using both sides (left side cap is 3/X)(right side cap, none) under a 2/3 village with an artic wind, and a mortar tower. Use free dart monkey if you have one.
        For land maps, ninja on 4/2, spam them if you want to. With a 2/3 mortar under a 2/3 village with a 3/2 artic wind, and MOAB Mauler spam.
        I hope you use discord, because all the discord servers I go to is here so see ya there.

Comment

Ninjas, ninjas everywhere.
          Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsax View Post
            Ninjas, ninjas everywhere.

...... water terrain ??

Comment

Originally posted by burnleymoonbeam View Post

...... water terrain ??
              As for me, I replace it with the buccaneer, then go for Arctic Wind + MIB.

BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 35 (1st city), 28 (2nd city) - - - -
              Originally posted by Kodak Black
              Uh, I'm the s***, I need some toilet paper

Comment

Originally posted by Superbloons321 View Post
                As for me, I replace it with the buccaneer, then go for Arctic Wind + MIB.
                .... same here. I spam buccaneers. I use only 1 or maybe 2 max 2,3 .... the rest being 3,1 .... all under a 2,3 village .... with an AW

Comment

Originally posted by burnleymoonbeam View Post

...... water terrain ??
                  Ded x_x
                  Glue, wizards, and buccaneers. or am I?
                  Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

I hoped there would actually be some other way besides arctic wind + MIB or bloonjitsu spam.

Off topic: Not sure whether someone will read this, but maybe close this threat and make a different one specific for Monkey Team challenges and discuss strategies for them there? Because that will most likely be more alive than this failed threat.

Comment

It really depends on the tile type. For anything up to MOAB tiles, AW + MIB is a bad idea and you should go for stuff like 4/2 ninjas (even 3/2 will do) and 4/1 tacks. Even stuff like 3/2 bombs will be perfectly sufficient. For MOAB destroying, use 2/3 bombs - 2-3 would be sufficient.

For BFB tiles, you CAN use AW + MIB - it's about on par with other methods. I find that a pair of 4/2 ninjas, a 4/2 bomb or 4/1 tack and 3 MOAB Maulers are sufficient to take down 1-2 BFBs. Note that most of my Monkey Knowledge is level 7 (ninja is now at 11), so you might need more stuff if you have lower levels. Villages start becoming viable (2/1 is probably best here).

For ZOMG tiles and above, AW + MIB is the best solution, but there will always be other ways (after all, what are you gonna do on jungle and volcano tiles?). The best other options are:
                      4/2 bomb towers
                      4/1 tack shooters (just as good as the bombs - choose based on the track or combine both)
                      2/3 glue gunners (just one will do)
                      x/2 mortars (burny stuff is the most important upgrade - for DDT tiles use 2/3, if you need more popping power go 4/2)
                      4/2 ninjas (best for the ceramic layer)
                      4/2 ace (pricey but really works)
                      4/x boomerang (infinite PP!)
                      2/3 ice tower (not for slow computers)
                      2/x village (for buffing everything else)

If it's a ZOMG tile, the stuff listed above is going to be enough (plus of course 6-10 MOAB Maulers). If it's a MOAB or BFB pack and has 29-30 rounds, you'll want some form of INFINITE popping power. Blade Maelstroms are probably the cheapest way, but aren't 100% reliable. If you have cash to burn, Ground Zero will destroy infinite ceramics (in fact, it'll destroy infinite MOABs). A combo of a 4/2 boomerang and a couple of 2/3 ice towers has destroyed even the most ridiculous amounts of ceramics (boomerang had about 200,000 pops by the end), but it isn't for the faint-hardwared.

For DDT tiles, you'll need plenty of camo detection - even AW +MIB isn't enough. If you are going for AW + MIB, throw in a 2/3 mortar (2/4 is ideal) and a 4/1 tack shooter). You might need to do a little micro - if you have the Anti Camo Dust, that could save your life. Also, 2/3 spike factories are a very good way to pop DDT layers since they are less affected by bloon speed. A 2/4 ability use will clear all the DDTs on the screen (minus ceramics)!

Comment

My strategy sucks on short maps, because you have no time to sell farm for maulers or bloonjitzu or bloon impact. I lost on round 17 on CT because I was farming like a greedy idiot! I won't make the same mistake again!
                        ​So my strategy is:
                        Get ninja, place down free dart, upgrade farm to 1/0(2/0 on ct because NLL is not required for awards/rewards, I don't know what the difference is between award and reward), and upgrade ninja to 1/1(I am city level 25, for lower levels upgrade to 1/0 or 0/1 and for even lower levels don't get farm), then start the round, use the money from your farm to get a 3/1 ninja, then upgrade farm to 2/0, get another farm to more bananas and get a cannon, then get both farms to 2/0. More likely than not, there will be a big rush that the dual shot ninja and the 0/0 cannon cannot defeat, if it is a spaced rush, or a small grouped rush, sell farms for 4/2 ninja, if it is a big grouped rush, sell farm for 4/2 cannon, if it is a moab, sell farms for 4/2 ninja, it will most likely destroy the moab layer but let the ceramics through, you will need around 30-40 spikes to clean that up. Then get farms back, 2 to 3 banana plantations will do, then get village around ninja and cannon, upgrade both to 4/2 if you haven't already, then farm a bit more and get village to 2/2, then get moab maulers(maulers in plural, one won't nearly be enough to defeat zomg and bfb unless you are on clover or tutorial) in that village's radius, and get a spike factory at the back to 3/2 or 4/2 if you have it.

Then get all other towers you want to get! I prefer 2/3 robo monkey and 4/2 spectre, I don't have arctic wind yet, it will be done tomorrow.

BTW if there are DDTs, upgrade village to Intellengence Bureau.

Comment

Sometimes the towers I use are banned, the main towers are ninja, bomb, spike factory, village and farm.
                          On volcano tiles, while the villages are banned, I get a mortar up to signal flare for camo detection, because I have no radar scanner(beware of camo yellows and pinks), and extra moab maulers because I will have no jungle drums, maybe 2/3 spike factory.
                          With farm bans, I get a bigger stack faster production spike factory first and then a double shot ninja, then the normal stuff, if there is a rush, sell spike factory for something, but only if the spike factory cannot clean up after what the ninja and cannon cannot do.
                          With desert terrain, I don't get the spike factory, and just use road spikes, or I could put an arctic wind and MIB there once I am done researching it tomorrow.
                          With Water terrain, I resort to towers like the 3/2 boomer, the 2/3 boomer and the 2/3 boat, I have backup strategies for these terrain, 3/2 boomer or 2/3 boat instead of the ninja, mortar instead of bomb, spike factories, village, destroyer and shredr spikes instead of maulers.

Comment

Also, with farm bans, get a village after you get your defence as soon as possible, so your towers are cheaper, also the monkey town can give you more cash.

Comment

what is a DDT?

Comment

Working...
                              X