Weapons questions, pierce, damage, etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapons questions, pierce, damage, etc

Could someone clarify pierce and damage? Which is more desirable when choosing trinkets to equip?
    Also, Does a melee weapon like a sword also have pierce, meaning it only cuts the first few bloons that comes into contact, even though the animation draws an arc through all the bloons surrounding the character?

Pierce is how many bloons can be hit at once. Damage is how many layers are popped when you hit. So lets say you have 4 pierce and 1 damage. In that example you could pop 4 red bloons in 1 attack, but if you say attacked a single blue bloon it would only get reduced to a red bloon.

Comment

Pierce is how many bloons a projectile can hit before disappearing. When the projectile hits the bloon, the amount of damage is subtracted from the bloons' health. Which is more desirable depends on how you play. I prefer damage, but you may prefer pierce. As of your third question, I would assume not, because I do not see how pierce could fit into the physics of a sword.
      I needed a new signature and profile picture because the bloonchipper is not in the game anymore. The new tower:

It’s a corrosive glue gunning layer stripping road spiking buff giving MOAB exploding transforming bloon shrinking tower dependent fairly cheap banana farm. It's... The Alchemist!

RIP Bloonchipper. You were a good tower

Comment

How does super monkey's upgrades work? Say give the weapons Dragon Fangs, does that add to the 13k money sungod damage? And if so what is the stats on sungod ray by default?

Comment

The game should definitely have some sort of in-game wiki detailing how exactly the upgrades work, the default stats of characters, the bloons stats and abilities and some key concepts they assumed we knew. Somewhat the same way as the older games had.. Like, instead of saying "increases damage/pierce" it should say "increases damage/pierce by X/Y", and so on. Even today I still don't know what most of jake's upgrades do, besides adding attack animations. Do they increase speed? Do they increase pierce/damage? What do they do?

Comment

The theives katana says it gives 1$ in game is that in coins points or actual money to buy the extra characters

Comment

The number of pierce is how many bloons a single projectile can attack +1. So 0 pierce or N/A pierce means the projectile can only hit 1 bloon. One pierce means the projectile can hit 2 bloons and so on. 4 Pierce does not mean up to 4 bloons, but up to 5 bloons. The number of damage is exactly how many layers the attack will pop, or damage on blimps.

Comment

As of your third question, I would assume not, because I do not see how pierce could fit into the physics of a sword.
                So there's no point in giving Finn, Jake, or other melee characters +pierce trinkets, right? But then do Finn's "Swordplayer" and "Swordmaster" upgrades do nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by guyenoir View Post

So there's no point in giving Finn, Jake, or other melee characters +pierce trinkets, right? But then do Finn's "Swordplayer" and "Swordmaster" upgrades do nothing?
                  All characters have limited pierce. But pierce in general is never my priority. My main priority is Damage and Speed. There are a few things that seems to have practically unlimited pierce though, like Supermonkey's Plasma Whips and the MOAP ability. Commander Cassie is one of the two characters that always has low pierce no matter what. I've once increased her pierce by 9 with trinkets and there was absolutely no difference against grouped Bloons than without any pierce boosting trinkets.

Comment

Working...
                  X