Game speed balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game speed balance

After finally playing BTD6, I think there's one glaring issue: the bloon speed is WAY too slow: Bloons with the speed-up trait move as fast as BTD6 base speed. This may be contributing to the overall ease of the game.

Yeah, in my initial post about this game I mentioned that it is uber slow. Part of why I'm reluctant to play this game on my phone. On an emulator, though, the speed is correct (but the field is cut...).

But I don't think it makes the game easier. If anything, it makes it more frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemomon View Post
      Yeah, in my initial post about this game I mentioned that it is uber slow. Part of why I'm reluctant to play this game on my phone. On an emulator, though, the speed is correct (but the field is cut...).

But I don't think it makes the game easier. If anything, it makes it more frustrating.
      Both really. :P

Though I think part of the reason why it runs slower than BTD6 is because it seems like EVERYTHING is 3D rendered and animated. Like your weapon is visibly held by your units and in the case of some of the weapons is outright used as projectiles, and the stages are so very faintly animated, with swaying trees and the like.

Comment

Ok, both .

I think NK should consider adding a low res mode then. Looking at a moving trees is nice and all, but players play Bloons for popping bloons and not to look how nice aminated trees can look like.

In the recent blog entry Tarn (?) said that the game won't be released this month and perhaps next month, so maybe they will add this...

Comment

Win 20 games quests take forever to complete

Comment

Auto Start can help. It's in the pause settings.

Comment

I think this was due to the character cap. Unlike previous titles this game only lets you place one per character (not counting allies which are alot weaker). the smaller range is an issue for people still in the early game that haven't unlocked many characters. So slow bloons down to let characters hit more. They also improve this by making bloons on harder levels move faster as well for people with more stuff unlocked. I just keep it on double speed and got used to it over time.

Comment

Originally posted by jtanse View Post
                I think this was due to the character cap. Unlike previous titles this game only lets you place one per character (not counting allies which are alot weaker). the smaller range is an issue for people still in the early game that haven't unlocked many characters. So slow bloons down to let characters hit more. They also improve this by making bloons on harder levels move faster as well for people with more stuff unlocked. I just keep it on double speed and got used to it over time.
                Don’t bloons in easy mode in BTD5 and 6 move slower than in other difficulties?
                I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

Working...
                X