No announcement yet.

SAS4 General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure what you're asking with the first question, but trying to survive nm with a suicide medic solo will depend on the defences you plan/have with it. If you've gone with the weakest build to get the deaths, you won't last (unless you have adequate guns to keep the zombs back), cause 1 hit and youre pretty much dead, but if you have defences or 70%+, it can be done with less hesitation and is less time consuming.
    Originally posted by ZX840
    Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Originally posted by ZX840
    Why buy knowledge boxes when you can just earn them? Cause with all the bonuses now days, they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or...
    1000 in half a year
    if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )
    My Youtube Channel

Comment

• Suicide medic is not really a great set up for a primary character. IMO, its better (for a medic) either to (a) survive or (b) get up quick if you actually go down.

(a) involves getting 3 BF slots and points in toughness. To do apocs, I recommend 25 in Bio Bomb, 25 kit, as much BAE as required to get to 99s, as much toughness as you can get, ensure at least 5 energy regen per second, and 1 point in Final Fairwell.
      (b) is a slight variant on Suicide med, but still has 99s in resist. You won't have a bunch of hp, but you come back in 10-15 seconds. I recommend a rubicon vest plus points in Recovery time, plus resus on vest (not on helm). A few extra points in FF (I think I had 9 which spits 5 kits out. Similar build to (a), but will come back quick if (and likely when) you die.

Comment

• theres diminishing benefits as you start approaching end game for a suicide medic. It was meant to be a fun character to play around level 70+ and below 90 ish because that is when u have the necessary skill pts to get the high revive to the point cover the area with medkits equivalent to a team of 3 or 4 regular medics for a nm game. outside of this i actually find difficulty using it compared to to a regular character (damage+, armor+) because its success is so attached to your team mates later on and they could not be the most ideal team mates.

its easy to build, just up the medkits, revive and dw about anything else because at that pt its really your team that will decide whether your build works (which is why i dont follow this route because of this dependency).

Comment

• Black Mix 6*** or Red Prop 10*** for medic?

Comment

• There's roughly a 3.5k average dps difference, with the proposition being better, assuming deadly overclocked adaptive on both and nothing special otherwise. Niether are exceptionally great. Mix doesn't have the pierce necessary for nightmare and proposition is too heavy. If you have other questions, toppers tools allow for quick comparisons. http://topper64.co.uk/nk/sas4/

Comment

• Always felt like a myth, but I guess it's true - you can get two cores in one game of nightmare.

Comment

• I decide to core it. Now i have 10*** black mixy with deadly,oc and adaptive. Is good weapon in my lvl (68)

Comment

• Rowdy, ZX, Lithe, Crazy & Beep tyvm for all of your input about the suicide medic from what I read in your posts it sounds like a suicide medic maybe wouldn't be ideal for level 99-100 NM or apocalypse games. I'm also thinking that when I play a medic in rank 99-100 NM games most of the time no one seems to need a medkit anyway (except maybe me), I assume they have good armor and either bio on their guns or good hp regen. And since I play mostly self boosted NM games I can't afford to die even once.

I apologize for asking advice about the suicide medic, I guess it just made a big impression on me the first time I seen one helping us out in a nightmare game.

So I'm thinking maybe it would be wiser for me to go with Crazy's strategy (a). Anyway thanks ZX for telling me how to make one, maybe I still will one of these days or In SAS5 (fingers crossed).

Comment

• KillaZombieForMommy If you're the type of person to put some time into more than one character, then the breakdown is usually one of each character made seriously for whatever purpose (some people make VS/Apocalypse-specific builds, others go for all-rounders) but the 4th is frequently a suicide medic since it's probably the most novel of the gimmick-builds. It's good for a fun time, but for obvious reasons, it must be with other people.

Comment

• KillaZombieForMommy It's less useful for nightmare and more useful for apocalypse. There's also no reason why you can't have a 100 suicide medic. The beauty of it is you can heal 44k every 5 or so seconds, not including what you throw out. That's a LOT faster than the 4k every 3 or so from medkit cooldown. If anything it's the medic build that carries the hardest(because lets be honest, you aren't playing medic to do damage).

Mine's about 60, has maybe 30 mp losses out of 400 games, and it plays exclusively nightmare with randoms. If you don't want to die, all you need is a good flamer and nothing will touch you.

Comment

• So I was thinking, why hasn't the 3rd shotgun mastery been nerfed yet? I know SAS4 isn't receiving any more patches, but this is long overdue and probably even urgent. The zombie gib mechanic is just too gamebreakingly overpowered, honestly. 1 in every 2 zombies? That's a 50% DPS increase on average, equivalent to using black weapons over reds. At the very least it needs to be nerfed to a 20% chance and pushed back to mastery level 5.

Comment

• And today i got clean black RIA T40 10*** . Using this or black mixy 10*** ?

Comment

• Originally posted by James83 View Post
                            And today i got clean black RIA T40 10*** . Using this or black mixy 10*** ?
                            Is there a particular reason why you're not using both? I'd pick mixmaster so long as you can support the ammo cost of energy weapons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lithe View Post

Is there a particular reason why you're not using both? I'd pick mixmaster so long as you can support the ammo cost of energy weapons.
                              ammo cost is the same.Clean DPS, T40 vs Mix?

Comment

• James83 I'm pretty sure the mixmaster is going to be better overall. If the ammo cost is the same, just go with that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X