X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] Solutions to Reducing Lag in SAS4

Post your bug reports here.

For now, the best way to submit bug reports is to send them to [email protected]

http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Action/Pl...l#.U3BOEfkS86U

[Bug Reporting Format]
    Include the following.
    #1. Your level, class and the mission you were playing?
    #2. Multiplayer or Single player?
    ^ 2.1 How many other players?
    #3. How long you had been playing since loading the game?
    #4. What you saw exactly. Include the moment something broke, odd things leading up to it?
    #5. Any other important detail?

Please report any bugs you find!

Thanks!

-Spool
    [Guide] Solutions to Reducing Lag in SAS4

I've been meaning to do this for a while, so here goes! Since there are a lot of people having issues with lagging in SAS4, I'm going to suggest a few things that might help! There are a few different steps you can go through and some might be more complicated than others, so I'll try to give some indication on how complicated they are when I will list these below,

Power Setting Solutions - Laptops Only

Power Setting Performance Mode: [Difficulty Low] If you are on a laptop then plugging in the power cord will allow you to get more power to the CPU and help it process the game faster. You can also go into your Energy Saving settings and set the energy mode to Performance to allow your laptop to consume more power and process things even faster.

Flash Solutions

Updating Flash: [Difficulty Low] Making sure you have the latest version of Flash Player is very important as in SAS4 we utilize multi-threading technology supported by the latest versions of flash but not by some of the older versions. If you have a CPU capable of multithreading then having the latest version of flash will help you a lot! But in general it is always a good idea to keep up to date with the latest version of Flash, this can be downloaded at the following address,

# Check your Flash version here
    # Get newest Flash player here

Setting Flash Quality to Low: [Difficulty Low] Additional Flash Setting allow you to set Flash to run in Low Quality (External to the SAS4 Low Quality option) this can be done prior to the main menu's being loaded and there is a nice tutorial over HERE (CLICK ME) showing everyone how to do it.

On another note,

Disabling PepperFlash in Chrome: [Difficulty Medium] If you are using Google Chrome as your browser you can try the following steps to fix some additional lag. Google Chrome comes with its own version of Flash when you download it, it is called "PepperFlash" and will be your default Flash player when using Google Chrome. PepperFlash is known to have a lot of issues with Flash Games, so follow the steps below to help disable PepperFlash and reduce the lag!

1. Open a new tab
    2. Type "chrome://plugins"
    3. You should see something like the following

4. Expand all the information below by clicking the "+ Details" button in the top right hand corner of the window.

5. Locate "PepperFlash" by identifying the name in the "Location" field, this is partially highlighted in the image below.

6. Once you have found this click the "Disable" button that is pointed to in the images above.

7. At this stage if you did not have another version of flash showing in this list you should go download flash from Here

8. Your screen should look something like the image below now! PepperFlash is disabled and the other version of flash that you downloaded from the Flash website is now being used.

Memory Solutions (RAM)

Free Up Memory: [Difficulty Low] It is important with any game or software to allow them to use up the RAM they require without having other applications fighting over the RAM. When playing SAS4, if you experience issues with lag it might help to turn off/close other programs you have running, close down as many applications as possible so that the game has more available memory to use, if it needs. SAS4 only needs about 1gig-1.5gigs of RAM to run in high quality. But this also means you should have at least 2-3gigs ram minimum. If you have less than this then you will encounter issues.

SAS4 Graphical Solutions

SAS4 Graphics Settings: [Difficulty Low] If you are still experiencing issues then you can turn off "Gore/VFX", this will stop any visual effects from displaying and will greatly increase system performance. Furthermore if you are still having issues you can go into option and turn Quality settings to "Low". What this does is reduce the texture sizes for all art assets by 50% meaning that it will become a lot easier for your system to render the images.

Technical Software Solutions

Updating Drivers: [Difficulty Medium] Making sure you computers graphics card has the latest drivers is also very important! This can be done by going into Control Panel --> System --> Device Manager --> Display Adapters and right clicking on your display adapter in this list (There should only be one, but some people might have 2 or more and I will explain later what to do if there's more than 1) For most people you will see "Intel(R) HD Graphics" followed by some numbers which is the version of your graphics chip. Do the following,
    Right click "Intel(R) HD Graphics" --> Properties --> Driver --> Update Driver --> "Search Online for Software" - Then follow the instructions.

After this is done you should restart your computer to make sure the new drivers are being used.

Manually Updating Drivers: [Difficulty High] If no drivers were found then you may be completely up to date, although more advanced users might want to search online through the Intel website to see if their Intel Graphics chip (The numbers following "HD Graphics") has a newer driver available on the website.

Gaming computer's will normally have "NVIDIA" or "ATI (Catalyst)" listed under display adapters. For Nvidia and ATI you should go to the company's website and download your drivers from there. For Nvidia users there is a piece of software from Nvidia called Nvidia Experience if you download and install this program it will automatically tell you every time a new driver comes out. This happens about once every 3-4 months or so. For ATI users you can use the name of your ATI graphics card that was displayed in the "Adapters" list and search their website for the respected drivers, they may have their own driver detection software as Nvidia does (Nvidia Experience) but I am not an ATI user so I'm not completely sure if this is true or not.

LINKS
    # Nvidia Experience: Automatic driver updating software for Nvidia Users
    # Intel(R) HD Graphics Chipset: Manual driver update link for Intel users
    # Nvidia Graphics Cards: Manual driver updating link for Nvidia Users
    # ATI Radeon (Catalyst) Graphics Cards: Manual driver update link for ATI users
    [Guide] Solutions to Reducing Lag in SAS4

I've been meaning to do this for a while, so here goes! Since there are a lot of people having issues with lagging in SAS4, I'm going to suggest a few things that might help! There are a few different steps you can go through and some might be more complicated than others, so I'll try to give some indication on how complicated they are when I will list these below,

Power Setting Solutions - Laptops Only

Power Setting Performance Mode: [Difficulty Low] If you are on a laptop then plugging in the power cord will allow you to get more power to the CPU and help it process the game faster. You can also go into your Energy Saving settings and set the energy mode to Performance to allow your laptop to consume more power and process things even faster.

Flash Solutions

Updating Flash: [Difficulty Low] Making sure you have the latest version of Flash Player is very important as in SAS4 we utilize multi-threading technology supported by the latest versions of flash but not by some of the older versions. If you have a CPU capable of multithreading then having the latest version of flash will help you a lot! But in general it is always a good idea to keep up to date with the latest version of Flash, this can be downloaded at the following address,

# Check your Flash version here
    # Get newest Flash player here

Setting Flash Quality to Low: [Difficulty Low] Additional Flash Setting allow you to set Flash to run in Low Quality (External to the SAS4 Low Quality option) this can be done prior to the main menu's being loaded and there is a nice tutorial over HERE (CLICK ME) showing everyone how to do it.

On another note,

Disabling PepperFlash in Chrome: [Difficulty Medium] If you are using Google Chrome as your browser you can try the following steps to fix some additional lag. Google Chrome comes with its own version of Flash when you download it, it is called "PepperFlash" and will be your default Flash player when using Google Chrome. PepperFlash is known to have a lot of issues with Flash Games, so follow the steps below to help disable PepperFlash and reduce the lag!

1. Open a new tab
    2. Type "chrome://plugins"
    3. You should see something like the following

4. Expand all the information below by clicking the "+ Details" button in the top right hand corner of the window.

5. Locate "PepperFlash" by identifying the name in the "Location" field, this is partially highlighted in the image below.

6. Once you have found this click the "Disable" button that is pointed to in the images above.

7. At this stage if you did not have another version of flash showing in this list you should go download flash from Here

8. Your screen should look something like the image below now! PepperFlash is disabled and the other version of flash that you downloaded from the Flash website is now being used.

Memory Solutions (RAM)

Free Up Memory: [Difficulty Low] It is important with any game or software to allow them to use up the RAM they require without having other applications fighting over the RAM. When playing SAS4, if you experience issues with lag it might help to turn off/close other programs you have running, close down as many applications as possible so that the game has more available memory to use, if it needs. SAS4 only needs about 1gig-1.5gigs of RAM to run in high quality. But this also means you should have at least 2-3gigs ram minimum. If you have less than this then you will encounter issues.

SAS4 Graphical Solutions

SAS4 Graphics Settings: [Difficulty Low] If you are still experiencing issues then you can turn off "Gore/VFX", this will stop any visual effects from displaying and will greatly increase system performance. Furthermore if you are still having issues you can go into option and turn Quality settings to "Low". What this does is reduce the texture sizes for all art assets by 50% meaning that it will become a lot easier for your system to render the images.

Technical Software Solutions

Updating Drivers: [Difficulty Medium] Making sure you computers graphics card has the latest drivers is also very important! This can be done by going into Control Panel --> System --> Device Manager --> Display Adapters and right clicking on your display adapter in this list (There should only be one, but some people might have 2 or more and I will explain later what to do if there's more than 1) For most people you will see "Intel(R) HD Graphics" followed by some numbers which is the version of your graphics chip. Do the following,
    Right click "Intel(R) HD Graphics" --> Properties --> Driver --> Update Driver --> "Search Online for Software" - Then follow the instructions.

After this is done you should restart your computer to make sure the new drivers are being used.

Manually Updating Drivers: [Difficulty High] If no drivers were found then you may be completely up to date, although more advanced users might want to search online through the Intel website to see if their Intel Graphics chip (The numbers following "HD Graphics") has a newer driver available on the website.

Gaming computer's will normally have "NVIDIA" or "ATI (Catalyst)" listed under display adapters. For Nvidia and ATI you should go to the company's website and download your drivers from there. For Nvidia users there is a piece of software from Nvidia called Nvidia Experience if you download and install this program it will automatically tell you every time a new driver comes out. This happens about once every 3-4 months or so. For ATI users you can use the name of your ATI graphics card that was displayed in the "Adapters" list and search their website for the respected drivers, they may have their own driver detection software as Nvidia does (Nvidia Experience) but I am not an ATI user so I'm not completely sure if this is true or not.

LINKS
    # Nvidia Experience: Automatic driver updating software for Nvidia Users
    # Intel(R) HD Graphics Chipset: Manual driver update link for Intel users
    # Nvidia Graphics Cards: Manual driver updating link for Nvidia Users
    # ATI Radeon (Catalyst) Graphics Cards: Manual driver update link for ATI users
    Last edited by SOUP; 01-06-16, 07:29 AM.

Since a lot of people don't like reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfaycH1nmUw

Comment

WHAT ABOUT SWF

JK, nice post a lot of stuff I didn't know actually I'll try some and see if I can play from the site. All I knew was in-game stuff and looking after your computer.

Comment

I still use pepperflash

Also, playing via the swf link... having less garbage open in ur browser kinda helps.

P.S. that means no youtube.
        BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/32. SAS 4 total lvl: 1000. TK level: 49 and counting. NK rank: 50. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#3201

Comment

What about these script problems I have been suffering on Firefox, any solutions??

Comment

Originally posted by LordMoe View Post
            What about these script problems I have been suffering on Firefox, any solutions??
            Depends on what the problem is exactly?
            Hello, I'm one of the forum's moderators, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
            BTD5 stuff: DC archive
            BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
            SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
            Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

Originally posted by LordofKaon View Post
              I still use pepperflash
              You rebel...
              Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Not sure how significantly this helps but usually i also set the browser i'm using to high priority in task manager.
                NK Profile: 48920 AP (Rank 55), Super Ultimate Grand Master

Comment

Removed link
                  Why am I so inactive? ._.

Comment

• Aaron
                    Aaron commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Do not share links to the .swf

K then didn't know
                  Why am I so inactive? ._.

Comment

Changing priorities on task manager for whatever browser your using will help out a lot as well.
                    I personally use chrome, so I am able to set the priority for the Flashplayer higher than other parts of the browser.
                    Last edited by KilotheMonster; 15-06-16, 09:26 PM. Reason: Spelling was wrong.

Comment

When I played I also set my flash player higher on the priority list, the improvement was noticeable, but not godly.
                      Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

If you are using a PC with an asrock motherboard, and your PC has good cooling hardware, use the built in X-boost function. It has worked wonders for my gaming PC. I can run heavy games on high settings without any Overclocking or even turning my fans up, but sas 4 lags without X boost no matter what I do. It's an OC for your entire motherboard, so it all scales together based on the predetermined scale instead of balancing the clock rate of each part manually.

Comment

Timeout
                          AmfCall to v2.game.save_data got no response (timeout = 10s)
                          Help???
                          Cant play the game at all, that is what comes out.
                          Connection, everything works out just fine, i can play other NK games just fine.

Comment

I've tried all these and still get lag in multiplayer
                            Is this just the bad flash engine doing it's thing, or hosts with bad internet connection?

I can run much beefier games with ease so I know it's not me

Comment

Working...
                            X