SOUP's Forum Skins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOUP's Forum Skins

Due to recent user demand, I've gone ahead and started making these again.
    Currently Finished Products
    1. WIDEkiwi: A forum skin that stretches the forum to the full width of your browser's window. Adblock and/or uBlock is advised during use since I don't know how to disable ads without using them.
    2. The DarkKiwi: A forum skin that gives the forum a darker layout. This style will override any personal profile customization that you may have,

Works in Progress
    None for now.
    Installation Instructions
    Now to use these forum skins, follow the instructions below:
    1. Install Stylish for your respective browser. I'll give out the installation sites for Firefox and Chrome:
    2. Restart the browser if prompted. Sometimes, you are required a browser restart before you are allowed to use the Addon/Extension.
    3. Go to the style page of the style you wish to install. Then click the green button that says "Install With Stylish"
    4. Install the skin.
    5. To update the skin in case I fix errors or make additions, simply re-visit the skin pages under Currently Finished Products and click the Green button. Only this time it will tell you to update.
    6. To delete a skin you don't want to use, simply go to the Stylish button, click it, and then right click the skin. Then click uninstall.
    7. To simply turn it off, just go to the Stylish button and click it, and then click the checked skin that you wish to temporarily turn off.

Reporting Errors
    Unfortunately, I'm not a perfect human. I make mistakes. These things take time to make. If you see any problems, please report them ASAP so I can fix it. I would recommend subscribing to this thread so that you guys can report to me quickly, and that I can publish updates and fixes quickly. If you see a problem, provide me the following:

1. A screenshot of the discrepancy
    2. The browser you are using
    3. Any repeatable process that replicates the problem.

Known Errors
    1. The DarkKiwi: When composing private messages in chrome, the CK Editor will not load colors properly. To fix this, simply switch your editor's editting mode and the colors should correctly display. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Commission Slots
    1. Slot Open
    Last edited by SOUP; 08-07-16, 08:46 PM.
    “What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.” ~Albert Einstein

Kiwibot Documentation
    Discord Server
    Check out my forum skins

Is this possible for Internet Explorer?
    Daily challenges, profile
    Status: Rank 32, AP 7115, BTD5 Rank 70, BMC GP Lv 24, BD Lv 16, BTDBM BS ~20000, BMCM Lv 33

Comment

jluc410 I do not think so. I don't know how Addons for IE work but From a google search, I was not able to find the addons necessary for it.

Anyways, the DarkKiwi has been published. Please report to me any errors or problems you may encounter. For me to optimally fix the problem, please go back to the first post and check the section "Reporting Errors"
      Last edited by SOUP; 02-07-16, 11:11 PM.
      “What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.” ~Albert Einstein

Kiwibot Documentation
      Discord Server
      Check out my forum skins

Comment

I've downloaded it. It looks fantastic, good work.
        UR TED CRUZIN 4 A TED BRUZIN

-SOUP

You have done nothing or say anything,
        and they sudden send you offend language.

-Sam Mick

Comment

Quick, someone mention me in this thread. I found an error thanks to Squideer

Or I'll just mention myself SOUP

Kiwibot Documentation
          Discord Server
          Check out my forum skins

Comment

Originally posted by SOUP View Post
            Quick, someone mention me in this thread. I found an error thanks to Squideer

Or I'll just mention myself SOUP
            Here you go. SOUP

Comment

Thanks, I've fixed the problem now.

Everyone who has installed the skin, please go back and update the skin. It should now properly darken the notifications.

Also, fixed some oddities with the CKE dialog menus.
              Last edited by SOUP; 02-07-16, 11:49 PM.

Kiwibot Documentation
              Discord Server
              Check out my forum skins

Comment

Just updated the DarkKiwi again. You are now free to update it. Fixed a few inconsistencies with the CKE, buttons and the FAQ.

Also, I should note: Not only do I think it's important to subscribe here so you can get the update notification quickly, you should also check often for updates. Sometimes, I'll do silent updates that I won't post about.

And if anyone wants, I'll be taking a request for a forum skin. 1 commission slot is now open.

Kiwibot Documentation
                Discord Server
                Check out my forum skins

Comment

Just updated the DarkKiwi again. You are now free to update it. Fixed a few inconsistencies with the CKE, buttons and the FAQ.

Also, I should note: Not only do I think it's important to subscribe here so you can get the update notification quickly, you should also check often for updates. Sometimes, I'll do silent updates that I won't post about.

And if anyone wants, I'll be taking a request for a forum skin. 1 commission slot is now open.
                  Stupid question, but what does CKE stand for/mean?

-SOUP

-Sam Mick

Comment

SOUP, your fix for the CKE only seems to have an effect on this thread alone. When I type up a comment or private message anywhere else, the editing text is still dark.

-SOUP

-Sam Mick

Comment

Works for mobile?
                      Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

The Augster Can you provide a picture of this? IT would be very nice to see how it works. Also, the browser you are using is also helpful in that regard.

Deathsax It doesn't work for mobile as far as I'm concerned.

Kiwibot Documentation
                        Discord Server
                        Check out my forum skins

Comment

Okay, we have a major problem. Apparently after some investigation, I was not able to fix the problem that The Augster has provided. HOWEVER, there is a small work around:

When you make a private message, simple switch your editor modes so that you manually activate the CK Editor. As long as you perform a single switch, you should be able to see your text.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but Chrome's code base is significantly different from Firefox's.

Kiwibot Documentation
                          Discord Server
                          Check out my forum skins

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsax View Post
                            Works for mobile?
                            https://imgur.com/a/C1Wzz
                            Deathsax It doesn't work for mobile as far as I'm concerned.
                            https://imgur.com/a/C1Wzzwelp. I'm stuck. Not good 👿
                            I hope you use discord, because all the discord servers I go to is here http://tinyurl.com/hkmk97k so see ya there.

Comment

Hehehehe, yeah, you click that button, and you'll likely regret it.
                              Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http://ninjakiwi.com/profile/Deathsax I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X