I Am a Veteran of The Monkey Army: This is My Story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am a Veteran of The Monkey Army: This is My Story

As I watched the BFB march deliberately towards the town, several emotions swiveled through me.

Anticipation- I had been waiting for this moment since the day I began my kill training back in ‘02. For a glorious
    moment my thoughts and emotions stood balm, as Sergeant Monkeys words flew through my brain one last time.

“You were born to pop! You are marching into battle to do nothing else but kill! This is your destiny soldier! This is what I trained you for! When those balloons come racing down that track, they will be filled with nothing but intense hatred, and a gut wrenching intent to kill everyone in sight. This includes you, your friends and your family. YOU WILL STRIKE THEM DEAD PRIVATE,” I remembered fondly how he paused; and looked at me in an almost loving way before finishing, “Because our whole world depends on it. We depend on you.”

Next, a ping of sadness enveloped me, wounding me deep inside, reaching into my core to thrash and tear at my organs.

I shook my head, attempting to clear my thoughts and let the machine-gun rip.

I couldn’t. I had spent the last ten years of my life training for that very moment, and when I finally had the monster out in the open, the one who wanted nothing more than to kill my townspeople... I failed to pull the trigger.

Then, one final emotion before the world went bleak, and all feelings left me, creating a stark and hollow shell of my old self. Shame. Immense shame clawed its way through me, as I realized that I was not what I was meant to be.

“You were born to pop!”

I couldn’t.

“We depend on you!”

I failed them.

Here’s a fact that most people don’t know. Every time we ground zero, we are killing dozens of our own monkeys. And not just soldiers on the battlefield, but also civilians, innocent citizens who only wanted to live their lives. Those who I swore to protect at all costs.

I holstered my weapon and ran from the battlefield, crying at the realization of what had just happened, but more so at what was inevitably coming next.

“DDTs!” I radioed in, lying to escape the truth of my cowardice.

“Are you absolutely certain private? Tell me that you are certain before I initiate the order. You know what’s at stake.”

“NUKE SIR, NUKE! WE NEED THREE GROUND ZEROS RIGHT NOW.” - A death sentence to anyone without a mask in a fifty-mile radius of the battleground.

Oh, the bodies that were burned that day. The monkeys who I killed will haunt me forever.

“They will be filled with nothing but intense hatred, and a gut wrenching intent to kill everything in sight. This includes you, your friends and your family.”

On that day I became, that which I swore to protect my people from.

All because I refused to kill an evil creature, one that did not even breathe in, but only begrudgingly let air out, only after death.

To this day I regret strapping on the mask as I fled my crime scene. I should have been tormented by the hell that I brought out.

But then again, in a way... I still am.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading. I'm not exactly sure why the text above is bold... But I can't change it for whatever reason. Forgive me.
    Anyway, I have a lot more to write if you're interested! This only took me about 30 minutes, so it's not near my best work... But if you guys really enjoyed it, I'll go all out for the next ones!
    Last edited by TheMaster; 30-07-17, 12:53 AM.

Great story. I'm excited to see more! This might be the best thing I've ever read on this site.

Comment

Bump... Is there any opinion on my writing?

Comment

Originally posted by TBENebula View Post
        Great story. I'm excited to see more! This might be the best thing I've ever read on this site.
        Aw, thanks man! You have no idea how much I appreciate that... This comment made my day.

Comment

I.. Can't describe.

This is great, I wouldve said, but the thought of pulling an exterminatus.. Because of a simple lie... This is... Indescribable mix of feelings in it... It's good.
          Don't tell Scarlett that I am checking this forum as I cook the grilled cheese sandwiches.

Profile picture at the moment: Rudy.

[B:
          other forums[/B]:]

Other forums listed here: Flipline, NK profile.
          NK profile: Bloonsfan101FIRE (since bloonsfan101 was taken)
          NK forum v3 profile: CheeseyRudy (right now)
          Flipline Forum Profile: Chasi Cheesemaster Weran (used to be dar, and icariandjunari.)

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseyRudy View Post
            I.. Can't describe.

This is great, I wouldve said, but the thought of pulling an exterminatus.. Because of a simple lie... This is... Indescribable mix of feelings in it... It's good.
            Thank you? Not sure. XD I wrote this in a rush and didn't take the time to describe the situation, at the point that he calls in the GZ's... The bfb has traveled so far that it's too late for anything else, and 3 gz's are actually NEEDED (it takes 3 gz's to kill a bfb to nothing).

Comment

bump.......

Comment

Strange that Ground Zero kills the monkeys when I use them just fine and the monkeys are fine. And doesn't the all-stopping dirt fence around the city stop it? It stops DDTs so that even if you lose a terrain they can't get in your city...

Good story though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathinator272 View Post
                  Strange that Ground Zero kills the monkeys when I use them just fine and the monkeys are fine. And doesn't the all-stopping dirt fence around the city stop it? It stops DDTs so that even if you lose a terrain they can't get in your city...
                  Well, GZ only pops the DDT to Camo Regrow Ceramics (x6). Plus, a Dart Monkey (This is the tower with the least protection) can somehow survive a GZ Ability, AT DEAD CENTER!! There must be sorcery about this. Invulnerability, their sun giving strength, their god, what is it? There is some lore needed to be explained, TheMaster. Or NK. Or whoever can explain this entirely. I want answers soon on this.
                  This is like Street Fighter V for PS2 again.

Comment

and to think that this could have been avoided if the standard procedure for dealing with DDTs was MIB + Maulers...
                    My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
                    My DCs
                    Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Working...
                    X