• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortress Destroyer General Discussion Thread

Let's just hope that FD gets updated.

Anyway, this is for FD discussion.

Awesomefaceninja7 - Ninjakiwi member since March 2013

I'm a little confused. Do we FD players get one thread instead of a forum?

Comment

Originally posted by jibbu View Post
      I'm a little confused. Do we FD players get one thread instead of a forum?
      IDK. Nevertheless, if they get a thread, then this thread should be moved there. Otherwise, let's leave it like this here for general discussion.

Comment

What ship class do you like the most?

For me, it's the destroyer. Damage FTW!

Corvette speed is nice but I feel that speed can be achieved on other ship classes pretty fine. The BC might struggle, but then again, it's the BC.
        Hello, it's me, Mk 214 EX, back again! Current Avatar: Super Saiyan Monkey?

My NK profile, probably collecting cobwebs that I'm not even going to bother cleaning up.

Do you want to be added to the NK Skype or Discord group? PM me!

More stuff will be added with time. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

I really like the corvette, I'm really used to it.

but really, kinda lost interest in FD due NK not updating it.
          I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
          BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
          my challenges, overhauled ratings
          If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

Well, If SAS 4 is any indicator, it's kinda good that NK doesn't update FD

My NK profile, probably collecting cobwebs that I'm not even going to bother cleaning up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk 214 EX View Post
              What ship class do you like the most?
              ​I happen to enjoy the Corvette class of ship. Speed, and with the current firepower on one of my best ships, a LVL 40 corvette, it is great for getting fleet admiral rewards. It's speed that I like it a lot for, and, with the right gun pods, firepower is not an issue.

Comment

I also quite like the corvette class. Specifically the enforcer hull. Overdrive is especially useful, and it really shines when used with ram charge. Like anotheraccount said with the right guns, modules and bridges firepower is no problem. Also I don't know if it's just me, but making sharp turns at high speeds seems easier in corvettes too.
                NK Profile: 48920 AP (Rank 55), Super Ultimate Grand Master

Comment

Originally posted by SillyCow1 View Post
                  I also quite like the corvette class. Specifically the enforcer hull. Overdrive is especially useful, and it really shines when used with ram charge. Like anotheraccount said with the right guns, modules and bridges firepower is no problem. Also I don't know if it's just me, but making sharp turns at high speeds seems easier in corvettes too.

Enforcer was the only ship I couldn't get. So my Lv. 40 Corvette is stuck at Tier 5 Infiltrator. It would be nice to get an Enforcer though.

I remember back in the old days when Ram Charge was bugged and I hated getting it. I still like Lightning Ram better, that module blows the crap out of crowds.

Also, not sure if it's patched yet, but the Buckshot 12 + Shock Spike + Burst Fire + Explosive Munitions combo is OP as heck.

Comment

I enjoy corvette class (enforcer) just because it is the best for speedrunning/farming achievements.

But I also like bastion and viking equally as they both are beasts and can have huge dpm.

Regarding upgrades, there is a chance this game will receive updates in the future. I am looking forward for 1-2 more missions, missing achievements, some sort of crafting (buying stuff without having a blueprint, but for high fee), fleet rearrangement, higher lvl cap (50?), higher tier cap and maybe a multiplayer mode?
                    FD player
                    Ships [15/15] Modules [80/80] Bridges [14/16] Turrets [96/97]
                    13 ships maxed

Comment

They said multiplayer was planned for Fortress Destroyer...

...11 months ago.
                      93 accepted daily challenges.
                      BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 35 (1st city), 28 (2nd city) - AP: 20855 (Level 41) - A masterpiece of logic - Rating scale - Forum errors
                      Originally posted by Katy Perry
                      Yeah, they slither like a centipede

Comment

I also like Corvettes.
                        I want to keep playing FD, but the game does not load after February...

Anyway, more ship equipment, more missions, more enemies, more bosses, and of course, Multiplayer.
                        I'm currently holding the place of most suggestions in the NK Forums.
                        Click here to view all my:

BTD5 Suggestions
                        SAS4 New Gun Ideas®
                        Accepted Daily Challenges

Comment

I played FD quite a bit a few months ago, until I got all three classes to level 40. It was very grindy, and there really was no point in playing after getting a ship to level 40 (getting all three classes to level 40 was somewhat fun, but it took some work to convince myself to keep playing).

I wish the game had more to do, because it seemed more fun than SAS4.

Comment

I've got all three ships to lv40, and I find that Corvette and Destroyer are my favourites, but I'm unsure which I like better.

Lightning Ram is helpful, and so is Explosive Munitions (especially w/ Buckshot 12).
                            Corvettes have Overdrive and Rapid Fire.

Comment

Tried playing FD today as a guest. TIL, I have a reason why I don't play it that much.
                              bored..

Comment

Working...
                              X