La Clairière Tranquille II - Jan 20, 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Clairière Tranquille II - Jan 20, 2017

Rounds 26 - 65 with 2 of each, 5 max: Dart Monkeys, Snipers, Ninjas, and Road Items when the tower cap is not reached. By Albert3105
    Starting Cash: 4000

Original Suggestion:
    Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post
    La Clairière Tranquille II: La Demeure Secrète (translation: Tranquil Glade II: The Secret Abode)

Starting Cash
    : $4000
    Lives: 150
    Rounds: 26-65
    Towers: Ninjas, Dart monkeys, Snipers, no upgrade limits
    Towers Limits: 2 of each, 5 max
    Difficulty: Medium
    Track: Hill Giant
    Agents: None
    Road Items: Yes, road spikes and pineapples
    Bloon ranks unchanged

Recommended MM Reward: 125MM

Tested:

Needs copious Super Juggernaut Fan Club (as far as I know, NK seems to tolerate its use), once on 61, 62, (double-boosted) 64, and twice on 63; 65 needs three SJFCs: one on ceramics, one on MOABs, a regular double-use-boosted one on the BFB layers, then a final double-boosted SJFC on the MOABs the BFBs spew out.

Road-spike every MOAB in the 50s and 46 as well.

54, 59, 61, 62, 63 (2x), 64, and 65 (3x) must be sabotaged.

Before 60:

...oh s*** no.

Tip: when using SMFC, activate the ability and upgrade all x/x dart monkeys to 4/x. That's the only way how you'll be able to do this NAPS, but it's still illegitimate by me. (where x is <= 2)

Just a note: The DC title in game doesn't recognize the accents, so this should have used the translated version so it looks like it makes sense. Just my 2 cents though.
    Last edited by Junior Monkey; 20-01-17, 02:07 AM.
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

Screw NAPS on this, oh yes indeed, in fact you can't even beat it legit, as it requires glitches, forget that!!! James is not going to be happy when he sees this DC.

Done with several SMS, despite using a BDD Pro!!
    RCD:NA/10 (Let's see, very luck based, absurd limits,. needing glitches, constant Road spike spamming yup no RCD here.)
    Difficulty:0/10!!!!!
    Enjoyablity: 1/10!!!! (You'd have to pay me alot of money to even try to enjoy this one, or to even convince me to try NAPS, but IMO this is a troll DC.)
    Overall: 0.7/10 (Torturous) (Lower F) (*Sings "Nasty" by Pixie Lott"*) (This needs to have a better limit, and end at 60 instead, and also ban road items, then it can be decent IMO.)
    Last edited by Gamzdude; 20-01-17, 02:08 AM. Reason: Lowerd score.
    Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
    Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Figures, I think my comment was enough to opt me out.

No wonder why this came out so fast, the suggestion was moved. :/

RCD: N/A (See below)
      Difficulty: 6.4/10
      Enjoyablilty: 0.7/10!!!!! (Tentative, 3SMSes used so far, and I predict I'll use 10 more)
      Final Verdict: 3.95/10 (Poor, C)

The challenge is COMPLETELY absent here.
      Brief rundown:
      Rounds 26-40 are almost a joke.
      The next 10 rounds are still easy, provided the ninja seeking + distraction luck doesn't mess up your run.
      Then after 50, you're pulling a whammy. SJFC and sabo spam up the *CENSORED*.

I died on 58, but that's because I accidentally upgraded to juggernaut before activating the ability. I don't really need to go further to get the final verdict, because I can figure it out by now. (Most likely 1 more on each 59 - 61, 3 on 63, 1 on 64, and 3 on 65)

Trying with ninja specialty to see if that helps.
      Yep... you have to resort to SJFC, kept dying on 61 with a massive regen farm.
      Last edited by Junior Monkey; 21-01-17, 01:58 AM.

Comment

There's a bug with tower limits. I had four towers and went to place some spikes. It let me place one spike and then shut off all towers.

Comment

Hmmm... I'm not having that issue.

Comment

I'll just say that this DC makes Spam, Spam, and More Spam look like a masterpiece.

RCD: NA/10
            Difficulty: 0/10
            Enjoyability: 0/10
            Overall: 0/10 (Non-NAPSable)
            Last edited by WeegeeMaelstrom; 20-01-17, 02:26 AM.
            Status: BMC City one level 34, City two level 24, BTD5 Rank 73
            DC ratings, Accepted DCs, Color-coded MM rewards

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
              Hmmm... I'm not having that issue.
              Was able to reproduce here.

Comment

Weird

Comment

Most of us dislike Albert's challenges but please remember that he probably enjoys them and has a different taste to the rest of us. We would do well to respect that and since there aren't too many DC makers out there who test and balance their challenges then there isn't a lot of choice. As for me I took one look at the challenge and said "no-way". Sell/rebuy abilities, SJFC and road items are just not enjoyable to me although I think the challenge is probably NAPSable.
                  The truth? You want the truth? But sir, you can't HANDLE the truth.

Comment

NAPSFRILL

3/1 Ninja + 1/1 sniper (strong)
                    32 - Ninja to 4/1
                    37 - Sniper to 1/3
                    39 - Sniper to 2/3
                    40 - Second sniper 1/1 (strong), second 0/0 ninja
                    41 - Second sniper to 2/1
                    43 - Second ninja to 1/2
                    46 - 1/2 Ninja to 1/3
                    47 - 2/1 sniper to 3/1
                    49 - Ninjas to 1/4 and 4/2. Sabotage ceramics
                    50 - 4/2 dart monkey (Last), sabotage ceramics
                    52 - Set dart to Strong. Sabotage when both MOABs are on screen.
                    53 - Sabotage when it's up.
                    Before 54 - Rebuy ninja as 2/4.
                    During 54 - Use sabotage when both MOABs are onscreen. Toggle Dart and 2/3 sniper to first near end to take care of masses of yellows + pinks (back to strong after)
                    55 - Sniper to 4/1, Sabotage during last rush as soon it's up.
                    57 - Use sabotage when first couple MOABs are near the top left.
                    58 - Sabotage when up / when ceramics start to get near exit. Again, some 2/3 sniper + dart toggling from Strong to First when ceramics get near the last bend.
                    59 - Sabotage when up, should be before camoleads.

60 - 4/1 sniper set to first. Use Sabotage when MOABs are near the ninjas

before 61 - Set the 2/3 sniper to first to help with regens. Sell the 1/4 ninja and the 4/0 dart monkey. Buy a 0/4 dart + 2/0 dart near the entrance.
                    During 61 - Use SMFC then upgrade 2/0 to 4/0. Once it wears off, rebuy both darts near the ninjas and use again.

62 - Don't sell anything right away. Set both snipers to First. When MOABs get near the ninja, Sell the 4/0 dart, rebuy as 2/0 near the ninja and use SJFC.

63 - Both snipers back to Strong. Sell 4/0 dart, rebuy as 2/0. SJFC each rush, rebuying twice.
                    64 - Sell 0/4 + 4/0 dart. Rebuy as 0/4 and 2/0. 4/1 sniper set to first, 2/3 on Strong. When MOABs are near ninja / dart, use double SMFC (use once, then sell + rebuy and use again) before upgrading the juggernaut.

65 - Sell 4/0 dart, rebuy as 2/0 (Last - NOT first). Use SJFC when the first ceramics appear. Then Rebuy 0/4 + 2/0 darts for MOABs.

Once MOABs are gone, keep the 0/4, but sell the juggernaut for 2/0 again.

Keep both snipers on strong until BFBs break, then set 4/1 Sniper to First to keep all MOABs grouped up. when the MOABs get near dart monkey, use SMFC, sell + rebuy it for a second SMFC then upgrade to juggernaut

Comment

Originally posted by incogneato View Post
                      NAPSFRILL

-Snip-
                      Can you do it without the glitch, or is it impossible. because I don't count it as legit, unless no glitch is used.
                      Last edited by Gamzdude; 20-01-17, 04:20 AM.
                      Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
                      Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Originally posted by Gamzdude View Post

Can you do it without the glitch, or is it impossible.
                        Likely impossible without juggernaut fan club (Round 63 in particular). Perhaps Aaron can give the final say about whether it's "legitimate" to use in DCs going forward.

Comment

Super Juggernaut Fan Club is a good example of an emergent feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                            Super Juggernaut Fan Club is a good example of an emergent feature.
                            What does emergent feature mean?
                            Status: BMC City one level 34, City two level 24, BTD5 Rank 73
                            DC ratings, Accepted DCs, Color-coded MM rewards

Comment

Originally posted by WeegeeMaelstrom
                              What does emergent feature mean?
                              I'm guessing it's like a last resort kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X