No announcement yet.

The Traitor - Jan 11, 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used the walkthrough of James (very helpful) and the specialty of Mortar which made it much easier.
    Only differences is that I had 2x Pop and Awe by replacing some tack towers and 65 went at the end very rough which forced me to use one SMS.

Comment

I had beat it NAPS a while ago but spent a good amount of time getting that last bit.

NAPSFRILLS -

long text walkthrough:

0/0 Super (strong, closest to the switch)
      0/2 Mortar aimed at the pipe connector at entrance
      27 - 0/0 tack, mortar to 1/2
      28 - Tack to 1/0
      29 - Tack to 2/0
      31 - Mortar to 2/2, reaimed at tack before regens
      appear. Helps to buy a dart monkey to prevent regen issues (else get it in 32.
      32 - 2x 2/0 dart monkeys (Strong near the tack, one behind the switch on First). Re-aimed mortar near the bend by the tack shooter for leads
      33 - Mortar to 2/3, no reaiming needed
      34 - Dart behind switch to 3/0 (Last)
      35 - Dart near tack to 3/0 (Last), 0/0 tack (bottom) when
      you get $360. Re-aim mortar at rainbows once
      burnt.

36 - Re-aim mortar near the tack for bend last rush
      37 - 3/0 Dart behind the switch to 4/0. re-aim
      mortar at tack bend once zebras appear then back to the
      entrance for camos.
      38 - 2/0 tack to 2/3. Set Super to first.
      39 - Super to 0/1. During round, 3/0 Dart to 4/0.
      40 - Both dart monkeys set to Strong, super still
      on first. Add an 0/1 mortar aimed near bottom, re-aim 2/3 at ceramics once burnt.

41 - Mortar to 2/1.

42 - Aim 2/3 mortar near entrance tack for camos

43 - Tack to 2/4, maelstrom ceramics (not right away, let juggernaut hit the first few - else you may leak part of the last ceramic)

44 - 2/1 Mortar to 3/2 (aimed above the bottom tack). Both Juggernauts set to Last.

45 - Can maelstrom rainbows.

46 - Second 0/0 super, maelstrom when MOAB breaks

47 - Aim 2/3 mortar at the tack bend, track ceramics with 3/2 mortar. With correct positioning, you won't leak any camos. Remember Darts are on Last.

48 - Maelstrom rainbows, second mortar aimed at the switch

49 - Bottom Tack to 0/4, 2x maelstrom on ceramics.

50 - 3rd 0/0 Super (First), 4 maelstroms used - 2 on the first MOAB, 3rd on ceramics, and 4th on the MOAB. Again, I had all Supers on First

51 - 4/0 Dart monkey by the tack set to Strong. Maelstrom ceramics when up, 3/2 mortar aimed in the top bend right above the switch

52 - Set all Supers to Strong. Mortar to 2/4, use pop and
      awe when both MOABs are near the tack and then maelstrom MOABs.

53 - Aim the 2/4 Mortar at the 2/4 entrace tack, 3/2 mortar at switch. Wait for first MOAB to pop, then use 2 maelstroms its children. Pop and awe 2nd MOAB, clear out third with mortar.

54 - 2/4 mortar aimed at entrance. Should start with ~$3000. As soon as you get $3500, get a 4th 0/0 super. Then use 2x maelstroms when the first MOAB's ceramics are near the bottom tack, then re-aim 2/4 mortar at bottom when the second MOAB breaks.

55 - Track first three rushes with mortar, use maelstrom on fourth rush + a second maelstrom on the MOAB when it breaks

56 - Set all supers to first for Regens, track MOAB with Mortars.

57 - All supers on Strong. 2x maelstrom on the first pair of MOABs (when they are above the 2/4 tack). Pop and awe the second pair of MOABs.
      58 - Use a maelstrom on every MOAB after it breaks, some tracking with your 2/4 mortar will take care of stragglers. Targeting - 4/0 dart behind switch set to Strong.
      59 - 3/2 mortar to 4/2. Can use one maelstrom, and also set one of the bottom supers to First just in case.

60 - All supers set to strong. Upgrade two more supers to 0/1, most effective is to leave the super closest to the bottom at 0/0. Use a maelstrom on the BFB when it's near, then use Pop and awe + bottom maelstrom on the MOABs. Keep your mortars aimed at the very bottom after breaking the BFB, you don't want the 4/2 mortar breaking one MOAB early.

61 - Both Juggernauts set to Strong. 4/2 Mortar aimed at bend above switch, 2/4 mortar tracks each MOAB. Maelstrom the first MOAB, and again when ready.
      62 - Aim 2/4 mortar at the 2/4 tack, didn't need any abilities.
      63 - 4/2 Mortar aimed at the 2/4 tack, one maelstorm on each rush

64 - Buy two more 0/4 Tack shooters. Aim both mortars at the entrance.
      Use Pop and awe when the first MOAB is at the bend near the 4/2 Mortar. When stunned, re-aim both mortars in the center of the MOABs. They will start to break, use two maelstroms on ceramics, then another two when the remaining MOABs are near the tacks.

65 - Upgrade 0/0 super to 0/1. All should be on strong. Dart behind the switch on Last, other near tack on Strong. 4/2 mortar aimed at entrance, 2/4 above the three maelstroms. During round, upgrade all tacks to 2/4. Use first maelstrom when MOABs are near, then all three at once when the MOABs get near those. Pop and awe when both BFBs break, when done right, the bottom set of MOABs and top set of MOABs should be next to the maelstroms. Let mortars hit them a bit, then use all 4 maelstroms at once.

Comment

Very, Very tough challenge. NAPSFRIS. 71 lives left.
        Difficulty: 8/10 - Lots of abilities, mortar micro and lots of other things that need to retry.
        Fun: 6/10 - It's fun and tough but losing on 65 is annoying which I did many times.
        Total: 14/20 - Great
        BTD5 Rank:80
        Challenge Legend: Yes
        Driven: Yes

Creator of the DC of the Month Competition

Proud Member of The Watcher Clan.

Comment

Why EVERY SINGLE Albert DC now has a luck based part? The Best I reached NAPS is 65, failed there. It's really luck based there. This round round should've been cut.

Albert, I've seen that one of your upcoming DC (one on Hill Giant) has ABSURD limits that lead to luck based things, and you even claimed it requires SJFC. It's something many of us don't consider NAPS, and I bet there will be rage there as well if it doesn't get changed.

I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41580 AP.
          BTD5 Rank: 98. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
          My challenges, overhauled ratings
          I
          f you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper 355 View Post
            Why EVERY SINGLE Albert DC now has a luck based part? The Best I reached NAPS is 65, failed there. It's really luck based there. This round round should've been cut.
            What do you mean luck-based on Switch? There are no ninjas at all, unlike Deirdre and Tobu.

Albert, I've seen that one of your upcoming DC (one on Hill Giant) has ABSURD limits that lead to luck based things, and you even claimed it requires SJFC. It's something many of us don't consider NAPS, and I bet there will be rage there as well if it doesn't get changed.

I also enabled road items. It can even be shortened to 60 if SJFC is forbidden.
            Current Avatar: Kanade Tachibana (Angel Beats)

Originally posted by Laura Brehm
            Stranded in the open, dried out tears of sorrow; lacking all emotion, staring down the barrel waitng for the final gates to open to a new tomorrow
            "Deus simiarum solis nos servat, et deus noster Bloones delet."

BTD5 Rank: 82 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
            Youtube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post

What do you mean luck-based on Switch? There are no ninjas at all, unlike Deirdre and Tobu. For 65:

even with this it's luck based as heck, with this and Maelstroms. I did round 65 with a lot of PaW sell and rebuy and also MOAB Maelstroming and it didn't cut it. Even round 64 sometimes doesn't give me same results with my replications.
              I

Comment

even with this it's luck based as heck, with this and Maelstroms. I did round 65 with a lot of PaW sell and rebuy and also MOAB Maelstroming and it didn't cut it. Even round 64 sometimes doesn't give me same results with my replications.
                How exactly is it luck-based?

Try Incogneato's guide then?

Stranded in the open, dried out tears of sorrow; lacking all emotion, staring down the barrel waitng for the final gates to open to a new tomorrow

Comment

How exactly is it luck-based?

Try Incogneato's guide then?
                  Incogneato's guide gives even worse results for me. I work with The Supermonkey's tips, he also said 65 is luck based.
                  I

Comment

Incogneato's guide gives even worse results for me. I work with The Supermonkey's tips, he also said 65 is luck based.
                    How? On Deirdre and Tobu you all complained about distraction luck and MOAB path luck. Here, you don't specify how 65 kills you?

Comment

Well I'll say this, maybe it's luck based, but I can't really judge, since I used the Mortar specialty, and I should be glad I did, but if a High end expert & master says it's luck based I'll take their word for it.
                      Links:Overhauled Ratings Games Profile, YouTube Channel, Game Risk Categories, Game Issue Risk %,Daily Challenges
                      Status: Rank- 37, Ap-13180 , BTD5- Rank 71, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

How? On Deirdre and Tobu you all complained about distraction luck and MOAB path luck. Here, you don't specify how 65 kills you?
                        the BFB MOABs is what killing me. It's luck based by that I don't know if, how or when the MOABs will be reduced to ceramics, no matter how much PaW or Maelstroms I use.

I

Comment

I failed on 65 a couple of times but they were all down to user fault. I did encounter some luck though during my many attempts. I beat in eventually though.
                          BTD5 Rank:80
                          Challenge Legend: Yes
                          Driven: Yes

Creator of the DC of the Month Competition

Proud Member of The Watcher Clan.

Comment

Welp... another luck based DC. I've used the same strategy several times now and died on either 38, 39, or 40.

RCD: N/A
                            Originally posted by A voice from the past
                            Don't you think you've caused enough trouble?
                            With the help of modding, I can test a DC with bloon rank changes. If you want me to test your DC just shoot me a PM.

Everything you need is here.

Comment

Is Incogneato there too?
                              Incogneato.......

Any challenge that relies heavily on micro (ie: mortar retargeting during round, ability sell/rebuy during round, precise ability timing, etc) will 'make the list'.
                              Last edited by Mathgodpi; 12-01-17, 01:07 AM.
                              Please follow my: | YouTube | - | Twitch | - | NinjaKiwi | - | Math Channel |

Comment

I completely disagree, Round 65 isn't luck based at all. Early breaks into ceramics is solved by having both mortars aimed at the maelstroms, hitting both pairs of MOABs equally + reducing ceramics down to slower ranks. Also having Supers on Strong helps distribute the damage equally. First didn't work at all for me.

Yes it's tough to see all of the MOABs, yet the visual damage of the MOABs you can see gives you a general idea of when to use maelstrom. For 65, my cue was to use all maelstroms when the first MOAB from the second BFB broke and the bottom MOABs were heavily damaged. It worked every time.

I can see running into issues if you're doing a lot of sell + rebuying because you're missing out on a second or two of extra mortar hits each time and it can throw off the maelstrom timing when you're in the middle of re-upgrading a mortar.

I didn't come up with the guide out of thin air. It took a lot of trial and error and i played through 64 + 65 quite a few times. Eventually I could NLL both because the MOABs / BFBs break in a consistent pattern every time. Unlike the distraction-based DCs, every single tower here is under your control.

Comment

Working...
                                X