Rounds 46 - 64 on Monkey Lane Hard
    Starting cash: 30000;
    Starting lives: 200
    Reward: 50
    Towers: Mortar Tower and Dartling Gun; up to 3 of each or 6 total
    All agents allowed
    Bloon rank changes: MOAB -> BFB
    By BP101697

This challenge was fun but deceptively difficult, and I personally think the reward should be 100mm or so. I was able to beat it with the dartling gun specialty (NAP*), without using the mortars at all. Round 62 was probably the most difficult round for me. Even with the specialty this still wasn't easy. Would be interested to hear if anyone had any luck NAPS.
    Last edited by onlinegamer321; 04-01-18, 05:11 AM.
    This is my signature

A challenge to answer the age old question. Which kills MOABs better a 3/2 or a 2/4 Dartling?

Comment

Ah, after doing a quick youtube search, it appears mortar is the way to go if you want NAPS. Ignoring them probably just made it harder for me.
      This is my signature

Comment

Really? I did it with just three dartlings, no spec buildings, NLL. I did have to sell a 3/2 to get a 2/4 at one point.

Comment

I say this should be a 80MM challenge.
          If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Ok my dartling skills stink so it must be placement. Try starting with three dartlings in the upper right corner. Two 3/1 and one 2/3. I recall having to get some extra money to get all three upgraded. Upgrade the 2/3 to 2/4 asap. When you have about $24k sell a 3/1 and buy another 2/4. Be sure to use the rocket storm on tough sections. Also, pay attention to the unlimited penetration of the 3/1. Try to aim to hit multiple targets.
            Last edited by CO Steve; 04-01-18, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I completed it NAPS - it's not too bad if you aim well. Don't forget your abilities - Rocket Storm can take out a ceramic clump and allow you to aim blimps, Pop and Awe can stall MOABs for 5 seconds. You can sell/rebuy the mortar as well. For 58 (the hardest round) you should have 2/4, 2/3, 3/1 dartlings and a 0/4 mortar. Sell to get a 2nd 2/4 dartling for 61.

I place dartlings in the lower right corner for maximum possible attack time.
              Last edited by frds; 04-01-18, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Fun challenge, but managed it NAPSFRILLS with some careful ability timing! Died on 77.

Start with a 3-1 and a 2-3 Dartling, then get another 3-1. Get the Dartling to 2-4 by round 53, then get a 0-4 Mortar and a 4-2 Mortar. Requires some careful and liberal use of both abilities!
                Last edited by Sir Spanky; 04-01-18, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Isn't a 3/1 Dartling was a waste of money compared to a 3/0?

NAPSFRILLS:

2x 3/0 Dartlings and 1x 1/3 Dartling to start. I put them in the bottom right corner and upgraded the 1/3 Dartling to 2/3 ASAP. Then to 2/4 on 52 or 53 (I think it was at the very end of 52). Then focus on 4/2 mortars.

I enjoyed this challenge. The micro wasn't too bad.

And to answer the question of which is better for popping MOABs, 3/0 or 2/4 Dartlings, it depends on if it is singles spread out or bunched together. If they are together, 2/4, if they are spread out, then 3/0's, but you will still want a 2/3 Dartling for mopping up the ceramics quickly as a 2/3 Dartling does not have a 20 balloon limit when it pops balloons close together like a 3/0 dartling. But you want the 3/0 Dartlings so you can hit the MOABs in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingONuns View Post
                    I'm sure I've heard someone say before that the fire speed of a 3-1 Dartling is faster than that of a 3-0 as some kind of 'compensation'

Comment

NAPSFRILLS until the last BFB on 64...then crash and burn...lol. I probably won't try again but it was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingONuns View Post
                        3/1 pops 2 more bloons per shot than 3/0, thanks to Powerful Darts. They both fire every 3 frames.

Comment

Working...
                        X