Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First challenge suggestion...here goes.

Too Easy for You?

Defeat rounds 1 - 11 with all towers and 5000 cash to start. Oh, and I forgot to mention--reds are rainbows, blues are ceramics, greens are MOABs, and yellows are BFBs. Have Fun!

Track: Pyramid Steps
    Starting Cash: $5000 (subject to change)
    Health: 150
    Rounds: 1 - 11
    Towers: All
    Tower limits: None
    Difficulty: Medium
    Agents: Allowed, not given

Bloon ranks:
    Red: +9 (Rainbow)
    Blue: +9 (Ceramic)
    Green: +9 (MOAB)
    Yellow: +9 (BFB)
    Pink: 0 (Pink - ZOMG honestly doesn't even matter, so you can stop reading at this point)
    Black: 0
    White: 0
    Lead: 0
    Zebra: 0
    Rainbow: 0
    Ceramic: 0
    MOAB: 0
    BFB: 0
    ZOMG: 0

Notes: I honestly have no idea how to test this, as A, I am a horrific DC player, and B, the bloon changes aren't testable in any normal game. Looking at it from here, it seems unbelievably difficult (if not impossible), so I do want to figure out just the right balance of starting cash to give. youngtomlin , maybe that's your cue? Looking at it right now, the key seems to be with glue, dartling, and maybe some 0/0 ices for the rainbow and ceramic rounds, and then use the substantial amount of money earned to buy more dartlings or maybe maulers. Incogneato would probably swallow this challenge whole, in any case.
    Last edited by The Mochinator; 19-10-16, 02:16 AM.
    My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
    (NEW) My Custom BTD5 Challenges
    Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

• Bad To The Bone

These Towers Are bad, but are they bad enough to the bone to tackle rounds 26-65 On Death Valley Hard?

Starting Cash: $7000
      Lives: 100
      Start Round: 26
      End Round: 65
      Track: Death Valley
      Difficulty: Hard
      Towers: 3/3 Dartling Gun, 2/3 Super Monkey, 2/1 Village, 0/4 Cannon, 4/2 Ninja, 1/0 Spike Factory, 1/2 Sniper
      Max Per Class: 2
      Max Towers: 6
      Agents: All, None Provided.
      Reward: 100- 110MM
      Ranks: Unchanged

Tested, it's hard, but doable, needs dartling aiming, good placements, and maybe sell&rebuy due to strict tower limit, was going to be without Village, but kept failing on 52, I fully tested short path should be no issue with MOAB assassin, I did have to quickly sell it and get another 4/2 Ninja though for round 46, I did use triple lives for more starting cash, and ended with 131 lives left, by the end of the DC I had 59 lives left, so it's fully NAPSABLE, I'd say 100-110 MM reward.
      image Proof:
      Spoiler:

Based off of the song by "George Thorogood"
      Last edited by Gamzdude; 18-10-16, 06:29 PM.
      Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
      Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

• Obduction

Track: MOAB Desert
        Levels: 20 - 65
        Lives: 150
        Starting Cash: $4,000
        Description: Can you pass 45 rounds with towers and agents that represent the adventure game?
        Towers: Sniper; Village; Farm; Dartling; Spike Factory
        Limits: 4/4 Sniper; 2/4 Village; 2/2 Farm; 4/2 Dartling; 4/2 Spike Factory; 1 of each
        Agents: Agents allowed; Provided 1 BeeKeeper and 1 Bloonsday Device
        No Roadspikes and No Pineapples
        No Bloon Rank Change
        Reward: $70

Tested NPSFRI
        Both BeeKeeper and Bloonsday Device were non-Pro
        Last edited by rtgargoyle2; 18-03-17, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Brick 26
          26-65 with 4/2 dart, 2/4 glue, 1/2 super, 3/0 dartling, 4/3 spactory and 2/2 subs.

Track/Difficulty: Dune Sea, Medium
          Cash: 5000
          Rounds: 26-65
          towers: 4/2 dart, 2/4 glue, 1/2 super, 3/0 Dartling, 4/3 spactory and 2/2 subs.
          agents: all, none provided
          Reward: 65 MM

based on Brick Mode from Color Switch.
          Dart - the ball, also the spark that has infinite power.
          Glue - ball slowdown
          Super/Dartling - ball reflections
          Spactory - bigger pad for ball
          Sub - Multiple Balls

the name is a level that has both bricks and balls.
          Last edited by sniper 355; 20-10-16, 10:15 PM.
          I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
          BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
          my challenges, overhauled ratings
          If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

• Not sure if there was a DC like this before, but still...

RGB
            The Eye Medium from rounds 30-63. 4 of each.

Starting Cash: $5000
            Starting Lives: 200 (yes, 50 extra as dartling aiming can be quite an issue)
            Start Round: 30
            End Round: 63
            Max No. of Towers: N/A
            Max Per Class: 4
            Difficulty/Mode: Medium
            Track: The Eye
            Available Towers/Upgrades: Dart Monkey (2/4), Ice Tower (4/2), Darting Gun (4/2)
            Available Agents: All allowed, none provides
            Bloon Ranks: All normal

Tested. 90-120MM as reward because it requires dartling micro-ing and good tower placements.

Theme is red, green, and blue, the main colors of a computer screen.
            Last edited by lla26; 23-11-16, 09:41 AM.
            Ratings || Accepted DCs
            Current Avatar: Christmas Quest Monkey (Bloons TD 5)
            What an epic fail of a quote:
            Originally posted by Original Otaku
            If you see the challenge made by the notable users incogneato, sniper 355, The Supermonkey (formerly JamesNg2), lla26, Gamzdude, or Superbloons321 (formerly Simone Esposito), you better run for your life.

Comment

• Snow Patrol

26 - 64 with available towers limited to 2|2. 2 of each tower, 5 towers max.

Track/Difficulty: Snowflake/Hard
              Rounds: 26-64
              Starting Cash: $1670
              Towers: All 2/2. 2 of each tower, 5 towers max.
              Road Items: Disabled
              Agents: All allowed, none provided
              Bloon Ranks: Unchanged

The starting cash is intentional (it's the cash for a 0/2 sub, minus 5) - don't change.
              Tested. $80 as reward. Early rounds force you to lose lots of lives, and later rounds require switching super monkey targeting. Round 65 was impossible for me, though I'd like if somebody could beat it.

Last edited by Superbloons321; 22-10-16, 09:09 AM.
              93 accepted daily challenges.
              BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 35 (1st city), 28 (2nd city) - AP: 20855 (Level 41) - A masterpiece of logic - Rating scale - Forum errors
              Originally posted by Katy Perry
              Yeah, they slither like a centipede

Comment

• Heavenly Haven
                Description: 41-65 on Dune Sea, Hard with four of the given towers and $24000 to start. By Original Otaku.

Starting Cash: $24000
                Rounds: 41-65
                Towers: Ninjas (2/4), Tack Shooters (2/4), Mortars (4/2), Buccaneers (4/4). 4 each.
                Track: Dune Sea
                Agents?: Yes; but none provided.
                Road Items?: No.
                MM Reward: $125
                Test State: Tested by both Gamzdude and sniper 355 The latter told me the cash was pretty low (hence the nerf to $24k), while the former got NAPS51L and suggested the reward

~ Bloon Ranks Unchanged ~

Notes:
                Based on SOUND VOLTEX IV HEAVENLY HAVEN. This DC will be noticeably different from the three previous SDVX DCs.
                Last edited by Original Otaku; 21-10-16, 02:08 AM.
                I'm just a Quick Procrastinator who should be working on their homework.

Originally posted by nanahira
                Pure feathers of whiteness touch the ground; one Holy Seraph coming down, hearing the guidance bell sound - raise a cross for all of the world... Thou, allowed to see due to thy faith, thou may now walk to Eden's gate.

~ Current Avatar - nanahira (You Make My Life 1UP) ~

Comment

• We Love Hardcore
                  Description: 26-50 on Spooky Castle, Hard with only up to seven towers. By Original Otaku.

Starting Cash: $4000
                  Rounds: 26-50
                  Towers: Sub (2/2), Apprentice (2/4), Bomb Cannon (4/4), Ninja (4/2), Spactory (3/3), Sniper (2/2). 2 of each, 7 max.
                  Track: Spooky Castle
                  Agents?: Yes; but none provided.
                  Road Items?: No.
                  MM Reward: $110
                  Test State: Tested NAPS by me, 70LL (actually had barely 57LL before, but I didn't screencap it). If anyone can get past 50, tell me

~ Bloon Ranks Unchanged ~

Notes:
                  Based on We Love Hardcore by Camellia feat. nanahira. Track made to fit the theme, vaguely. Towers based on the lyrics.

The beginning and end were pretty tough to figure out; I forgot my exact steps though.

I had two 4/2 ninjas, one 2/2 apprentice, and one 1/2 sniper before 46.
                  46 - sell app and sniper, then get 4/0 cannon on the exit of the MOAB's path.
                  47 - sell cannon. Save up, prioritize on getting Spiked Balls before 49. Focus on the first path first, but try to get the lower path too.
                  50 - sell spiked balls. Get assassin, use immediately and sell it. Get Phoenix and use 5ish seconds after ceramics appear.

Final Setup after 50:
                  Last edited by Original Otaku; 29-10-16, 04:17 PM.
                  I'm just a Quick Procrastinator who should be working on their homework.

Originally posted by nanahira
                  Pure feathers of whiteness touch the ground; one Holy Seraph coming down, hearing the guidance bell sound - raise a cross for all of the world... Thou, allowed to see due to thy faith, thou may now walk to Eden's gate.

~ Current Avatar - nanahira (You Make My Life 1UP) ~

Comment

• World BTDships 2014

With a 4/2 Boomerang Thrower, 2/4 Ninja Monkey, 2/4 Ice Tower, 2/4 Monkey Apprentice, 1/4 Spike Factory, and Angry Sqrirrel, beat Battle Knot rounds 30~60.

Track: Battle Knot
                    Levels: 30~60
                    Starting Cash: 5000
                    Towers: Mentioned above
                    Limits: 1 each
                    Agents: Angry Squirrel x1
                    Road Items: None
                    Bloon Rank Change: None

Spoiler:
                    That team. Yes, that team. Cookies to whoever gets it.
                    4/2 Boomerang Thrower: Gardevoir
                    2/4 Ninja Monkey: Gothitelle
                    2/4 Ice Tower: Gyarados
                    2/4 Monkey Apprentice: Talonflame
                    1/4 Spike Factory: Garchomp
                    Angry Squirrel: Pachirisu

Such a shame that Angry Squirrel is no match for its counterpart.
                    I'm currently holding the place of most suggestions in the NK Forums.
                    Click here to view all my:

BTD5 Suggestions
                    SAS4 New Gun Ideas®
                    Accepted Daily Challenges

Comment

• Tiny Tornadoes

With 4/2 Wizards and other towers that use small range beat Snowflake Rounds 26-65

Starting Cash: $1850
                      Start Round: 26
                      Track: Snowflake
                      Towers: 2/2 Ice Tower, 4/2 Wizard, 0/2 Sub, 0/3 Dart Monkey, 4/3 Spike Factory, 3/3 Tack Shooter
                      Max Towers: 6
                      Reward: 90MM
                      Tested, forces you to lose tons of lives early on, and the start is very tricky, I used a 0/2 Sub, and then got an Ice tower to stall bloons and pop leads, for 31 sold stuff and got 2 0/2 subs, 33 I used a spike factory, after that got a wizard again by selling, once you get a lighting wizard it becomes much easier, upgrade spike factory ASAP to help with later rounds, for 46 it's a tornado wizard, and Ice in back with 3/2 spike factory, 49 Needs tempest tornado,, and 50 needs it untill near last MOAB, sell it and get a 4/2 Spike factory ASAP, once you get that the challenge is basically over, but you'll need 2 spiked mines by 61. I'd say at least 90MM due to very low starting cash and start.

Image Proof:
                      Spoiler:

Based off of the "Tiny Tornadoes" premium
                      Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
                      Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

• A River of Four

Track: Snake River
                        Levels: 45 - 85
                        Starting Cash: $15,000
                        Description: Can you pass 40 rounds with only four towers with no upgrade limits?
                        Towers: Village; Dartling; Spike Factory
                        Limits: All are 4,4; 2 of each; 4 towers max
                        Agents: Agents allowed; None provided
                        No Bloon Rank Change
                        Reward: $60

Tested NAPSFRI
                        Last edited by rtgargoyle2; 02-01-17, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Militaires Sans Frontières

Starting Cash: $9000
                          Start Round: 35
                          Track: Switch
                          Towers: 3|4 Spike Factories, 3|4 Glue gunners, 3|4 Monkey Aces.
                          Max Towers: N/A

Tested:

Tips:

35-40 are trivial. Started with 3/2 glue strong, then two spike factories, and before 40, ace to 3/x.
                          40+43: 3/2 glue and 3/2 ace + spike factories should kill ceramics.
                          46: sell the bottom spike factory, place it in the middle as 1/3, let the MOAB run over its spikes and the glue + ace can kill its children.
                          47: sell that spike factory, get a second 3/2 glue gunner strong.
                          Get a spike storm before starting 50.
                          50: You do not have to rebuy spike storm. Use storm on first MOAB, and when it recharges, the spike storm will be good enough to slaughter the second MOAB approaching exit nearly whole.
                          52 and 53: spike storm MOABs
                          54: Sell something (when I tested, I sold one of the two 3/2 glues) to get a second spike storm. Spike storm twice.
                          55: Spike storm fourth ceramic rush, timed to let the MOAB run over the spikes afterwards.
                          56: Spike storm at the end of the rainbow rush, the MOAB will run over the storm.
                          57: sell whichever spike factory that stormed 56, rebuy it and spike storm both MOAB pairs (the other one will recharge)
                          58: Sell the spike factory that spike stormed the second MOAB pair in 57, rebuy again, two spike storms.
                          59: spike factories to 2/4, spike storm to keep the ceramics from getting ace exploited by the camo leads.
                          60: wait for spike storms to recharge, blast them both off, like at once, at the BFB at the correct moment. If you do this you will leak some. NLL way is to GZ after storming the BFBs to MOABs or weaker.

61: Sell-rebuy spike storm twice, one at the beginning, one later in the round.
                          62: Spike storm when necessary.

Before 63:

63: sell top spike factory, buy a 3/x ace and rebuy spike factory as 1/3 at the bottom exit. and Spike storm the first rush as it gets glued, then sell-rebuy and spike storm twice (rebuy to the BOTTOM EXIT only).
                          64: GZ
                          65: Before starting the round, there should be 2 3/2 glues, 1 3/x ace, 1 x/3 ace, bottom spactory 1/3. After ceramics are dead, sell everything and GZ three times when the BFBs arrive.

Tested by Incogneato:

Originally posted by incogneato
                          • 2/2 Glue (strong) near the entrance + 1/2 spac bottom + 1/0 spac top
                            37 - Top spac to 1/1
                            39 - Glue to 3/2
                            40 - Ace to 2/0 (circle) - can be a close call, may have a small leak depending on ace positioning
                            42 - Ace to 3/2 + top spac to 1/2
                            45 - Top spac to 1/3
                            46 - Sell bottom spac 1/2, rebuy as 1/0 at the top (underneath 1/3, not next to it) - can pass NLL
                            47 - Rebuy bottom spac as 0/0 + second 3/1 glue (strong) near bottom right
                            48 - Bottom spac back to 1/2
                            50 - Spac to 1/4. use spikestorm BEFORE the round to make sure it's up in time for 2nd MOAB. Bottom spac to 1/3 when you get cash
                            52 - spike storm MOABS
                            53 - One spike storm on all MOABs
                            54 - Bottom spac to 1/4, one spike storm when both MOABs are on screen. By having 3/1 glue near bottom, you won't leak / will be minimal
                            55 - Bottom glue 3/1 to 3/2
                            57 - 2x spike storm, wait a bit after using first so first spike storm is ready for 58
                            58 - Second ace 0/3 circle. 2x spikestorm on first 4 MOABs, last MOAB can tank spikes
                            59 - Both spacs to 2/4 one spike storm
                            60 - 2x spike storm at once when both are ready - with the right timing you won't leak at all. Helps to do it when BFB is on a straight path - curve eats up more spikes.

61 - During round, Sell bottom glue gunner and 3/2 ace. 0/3 ace to 0/4. Ground zero when all MOABs are on screen
                            62 - 2x spike storm on MOABs + one spike storm on camo regens
                            63 - Sell top 2/4 spac. 3x GZ - 2 rebuys. I tried the spikestorm + 3/0 ace approach and it worked 75% of the time, other times one rush would just go right through. I trust that it's reliable, just more precise timing than GZ
                            64 - Rebuy GZ again
                            65 - Rebuy second 3/2 glue strong. GZ ceramics + MOABS, spikestorm + GZ BFBs as needed. Had plenty of cash (2x 3/2 glues worth)

feel free to include this in the suggestion for further proof if you want

Last edited by Albert3105; 21-10-16, 04:45 PM.
                          Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                          BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
                          YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

• Stronger
                            40-85 with 2 of each 4/2 dart, 2/4 tack, sniper, 4/0 boomer, bomb, glue, 4/2 ace, Super monkey, 2/1 village, 4/2 mortar, dartling and spactory.

Track/Difficulty: Spooky Castle, Medium
                            Cash: 15000
                            Rounds: 40-85
                            towers: 4/2 dart, 2/4 tack, 4/3 sniper, 4/0 boomer, bomb, 4/2 glue, 4/2 ace, Super monkey, 2/1 village, 4/2 mortar, dartling and spactory. 2 of each
                            agents: all, none provided
                            Reward: $85

tested, possible.

theme is towers that become stronger in power and some towers that are good in strong target priority.

Also based on the songs "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson and Clean Bandit respectively.
                            Last edited by sniper 355; 20-10-16, 10:22 PM.
                            I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
                            BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
                            my challenges, overhauled ratings
                            If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post
                              Machinations Sans Frontières

Starting Cash: $9000
                              Start Round: 35
                              Track: Switch
                              Towers: Spike Factories, Glue gunners, Monkey Aces, all 3|4.
                              Max Towers: N/A
                              I'm quite sure this is not NAPSABLE, You're basically going to have to rely on spike factories in the back while using glue up front for the bloons, and then the MOABS, since you don't have any real popping power other then the very inaccurate ace, you would need to place your spike factories up front, then have glue for the ceramic kids which is is likely not possible due to strict limits, because of this MOABS are pretty much impossible, as round 63, lack of popping power would make round 63 just leak through, you can sell & rebuy GZ, but the issue is there would not be enough cash.

The issue is mainly the track, it should at least be placed on an easier track.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gamzdude View Post

I'm quite sure this is not NAPSABLE, You're basically going to have to rely on spike factories in the back while using glue up front for the bloons, and then the MOABS, since you don't have any real popping power other then the very inaccurate ace, you would need to place your spike factories up front, then have glue for the ceramic kids which is is likely not possible due to strict limits, because of this MOABS are pretty much impossible, as round 63, lack of popping power would make round 63 just leak through, you can sell & rebuy GZ, but the issue is there would not be enough cash.

The issue is mainly the track, it should at least be placed on an easier track.

I tested it. Can you or sniper 355 double check?
                                Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                                BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
                                YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

Working...
                                X