Inspired By True Events - Aug 9, 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspired By True Events - Aug 9, 2017

Rounds 26 - 65 on The Great Divide Medium with 2 of each, 6 max: 1|3 Darts, 3|2 Tacks, 2|2 Snipers, 3|2 Boomers, 2|3 Ninjas, 3|3 Bombs, 2|2 Ice, 3|4 Aces, 2|3 Apprentices, 4|2 Mortars, Dartlings, Farms and 4|3 Spike Factories. By RagingONuns
    Starting Cash: 5000
    Reward: 100MM
    Suggestion:
    Originally posted by RagingONuns View Post
    Title: Inspired By True Events

Alternate title: Bloonopoly Senior

Bloonopoly Junior - Apr 07, 2017

Today, 12:27 AM
    • Rounds 26 - 65 on The Great Divide Medium
    • Starting cash: 3100; Starting lives: normal (or 20-50 to make it extra difficult)
    • Reward: 289
    • Towers: 1/1 Dart Monkey, 3/2 Tack Tower, 2/2 Sniper Monkey, 3/2 Boomerang Thrower, 2/3 Ninja Monkey, 3/3 Bomb Tower, 2/2 Ice Tower, 1/1 Glue Gunner, 3/4 Monkey Ace, 2/3 Monkey Apprentice, 4/3 Mortar Tower, Dartling Gun, and 4/3 Spike Factory; up to 2 of each or 6 total
    • No agents allowed
    • Provided: 1 Portable Lake ??

I tested it with today's challenge and it is definitely possible with the standard 150 lives. I'm 90% sure it is possible with 50 lives, and about 50% sure with as few as 20 lives.
    Last edited by Junior Monkey; 10-08-17, 01:22 AM.
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, My NK Mods
    Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:
    Originally posted by Trainfeeb
    Originally posted by Aaron

Nice Idea! Hope They add this.

Comment

YAPS

Rating: 0.5/10!!!!!! (Abominable, X)

[RAGE]WTFUDGE?! WHY WAS THIS DC ACCEPTED, IT'S JUST A RIPOFF OF AN ALREADY EXISTING DC!!! IT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED WHEN IT GETS TO THE VAULT!!!!!![/RAGE]

Driven Progress: 60/90
      Last edited by Junior Monkey; 09-08-17, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I know you don't need double cash to beat it. But if I remember correctly (and I really don't), you do need to use a specialty building and have good micro.

Comment

Is it really a dc that is impossible naps? That's not good to hear...

Comment

Yep, seems like it.
            If only incog was still here...

But yeah, this proves that Aaron is lazily picking DCs at this point. (Okay, that's the last time I'll mention his name, I lost trust with him completely.)

Comment

There isn't a "right way" to play a game. At this point, BTD5 has been out for 6 years. If you don't have all of the specialty buildings unlocked yet it is only because you are not spending your rewards. A challenge that requires a specialty building is just another layer to try and think through. They allow for even more complex solutions.

Aaron said awhile back that he would accept challenges that you can't beat NAPS. So here's a challenge that requires a specialty building which you most assuredly have and costs you nothing to use.

Comment

There isn't a "right way" to play a game. At this point, BTD5 has been out for 6 years. If you don't have all of the specialty buildings unlocked yet it is only because you are not spending your rewards. A challenge that requires a specialty building is just another layer to try and think through. They allow for even more complex solutions.

Aaron said awhile back that he would accept challenges that you can't beat NAPS. So here's a challenge that requires a specialty building which you most assuredly have and costs you nothing to use.
                Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it anyway. BTD6 is just around the corner and it is always nice to have more challenging DCs.
                Blast 'em biters.

Comment

James apparently tested it NAPS, but never provided proof. RoN never provided proof of completion, much less NAPS completion, so....

There is only speculation that this DC is NAPSable. Heck, only speculation that this DC is POSSIBLE in the first place when it was suggested.

Even worse, this DC is a rehash off of a previous DC, which I find to be plain uncreative and maybe even lazy on RoN's part.

Not a fan at all. To make matters worse, RoN is thinking about making INTENTIONALLY unNAPSable DCs, which I find to be downright disrespectful towards newer players and f2p players alike.

Also, wouldn't say anything about BTD6. NK has been completely shut about any information on the game and there's a good chance it could be on hiatus.
                  Last edited by Mk 214 EX; 09-08-17, 06:13 PM.
                  Hello, it's me, Mk 214 EX, back again! Current Avatar: Super Saiyan Monkey?

My NK profile, probably collecting cobwebs that I'm not even going to bother cleaning up.

Do you want to be added to the NK Skype or Discord group? PM me!

More stuff will be added with time. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Totally forgot my rating here

YAP, Double Cash & BDD Pro used, I have no idea how this is possible otherwise.

RCD: NA/10
                    Rating: 1/10
                    Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
                    Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Originally posted by Mk 214 EX View Post
                      James apparently tested it NAPS, but never provided proof. RoN never provided proof of completion, much less NAPS completion, so....

Even worse, this DC is a rehash off of a previous DC, which I find to be plain uncreative and maybe even lazy on RoN's part.
                      Which is why the name is "Based on True Events." I took another challenge and made it an actual challenge

If you find an unNAPSable challenge disrespectful, what about challenges like B-day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xydb3fqiJs or other heavy micro challenges?

And here's the solution:

Ice specialty used
                      Start with 2 2/1 ices and 1 0/0 dartling.
                      Dartling to 1/0 ASAP for leaks then 1/1 on round 27.
                      Second Dartling to 1/1
                      Both Dartlings to 2/1
                      1 Spike factory on each side (like the one on the left in the image)
                      Both spactories to 1/3 (you will have enough cash to have both be 1/3 by 46)
                      Both dartlings to 2/3
                      Sell a spac and get a 0/4 ace for 61 (although you might be just fine without selling)
                      Sell ace and replace with spac again.
                      0/4 ace for 64 and 65. Sell and reuse ground zero as needed.

Last edited by RagingONuns; 09-08-17, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Which is why the name is "Based on True Events." I took another challenge and made it an actual challenge

If you find an unNAPSable challenge disrespectful, what about challenges like B-day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xydb3fqiJs or other heavy micro challenges?
                        But B-Day and other micro challenges do not REQUIRE a spec building or premiums. I myself have beaten B-Day with standard devices and that's it. Your point is invalid because they don't require a spec building. This challenge does. Your other point on not having spec buildings is also invalid because some new players don't even have MM at the start of the game and that means that newer players cannot beat this challenge. The whole premise that this challenge was accepted is pretty absurd.

Where is incogneato when you need him.
                        BTD5 Rank:80
                        Challenge Legend: Yes
                        Driven: Yes

Creator of the DC of the Month Competition

Proud Member of The Watcher Clan.

Comment

RagingONuns You've reposted in the wrong thread!

Comment

And here's the solution:

Ice specialty used
                            Start with 2 2/1 ices and 1 0/0 dartling.
                            Dartling to 1/0 ASAP for leaks then 1/1 on round 27.
                            Second Dartling to 1/1
                            Both Dartlings to 2/1
                            1 Spike factory on each side (like the one on the left in the image)
                            Both spactories to 1/3 (you will have enough cash to have both be 1/3 by 46)
                            Both dartlings to 2/3
                            Sell a spac and get a 0/4 ace for 61 (although you might be just fine without selling)
                            Sell ace and replace with spac again.
                            0/4 ace for 64 and 65. Sell and reuse ground zero as needed.
                            If your whole premise was rehashing someone else's DC, then why didn't you credit that person? It's literally just a sentence, but acknowledging the creator of the original idea means a whole lot.

I hate those DCs too. Micro DCs are really annoying. And most of the time when an unNAPSable DC makes it in, it's not intentional. But people, including me, do not like unNAPSable DCs in general.
                            Hello, it's me, Mk 214 EX, back again! Current Avatar: Super Saiyan Monkey?

My NK profile, probably collecting cobwebs that I'm not even going to bother cleaning up.

Do you want to be added to the NK Skype or Discord group? PM me!

More stuff will be added with time. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

I haven't said that. Please note if you needed to used a specialty to test.

I've made some changes to this one now.

Comment

Working...
                              X