Water, Water, Everywhere... - Jul 25, 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water, Water, Everywhere... - Jul 25, 2017

Rounds 26 - 60 on Death Valley Hard with 3 of each: 3/4 Buccaneers, Ice Monkeys, and Subs. 3 Portable Lakes provided. By bikerXtrash
    Starting Cash: 5000
    Original Suggestion:
    Originally posted by bikerXtrash View Post
    "Water, Water, Everywhere..." (TESTED !!)

Starting Cash: 5000.
    Health: 100.
    Start Round: 26.
    End Round: 60.
    Max No. of Towers: 12.
    Max Per Class: 3.
    Difficulty/Mode: Hard.
    Track: Death Valley.
    Which towers are available: 3 of each -- 3/4 Buccaneer; Ice; Monkey Sub.
    No rank changes.
    Agents: 3 Portable Lakes provided. SMS ok. No others.
    Reward: 150.

"Water, Water, Everywhere... 3 of each: 3/4 Buccaneer; Ice; Monkey Sub. 3 Portable Lakes provided.
    Last edited by Junior Monkey; 25-07-17, 06:52 AM.
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, My BTD5 Mods
    Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:

Now this was well Idk what to say here.

But I do think this DC should be nerfed to easy difficulty, as it's very, very LB and maybe not even possible NAPS without anything I can get to is 37 or 38 if lucky, and even with Double Cash I still died, so in the end used Double Cash and a couple of SMS's to pass this. I also don't think you'd have enough cash to sell & rebuy the hooks needed for the MOAB's

RCD: NA/10
    Rating: 3/10 (Will up to 3/10 based on other views but still it's LB, and needs lots of Ice Stall.)
    Last edited by Gamzdude; 25-07-17, 09:25 PM.
    Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
    Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

I can confirm that this is luck based.

If the first MOAB spawns on the bottom path that handicaps you for the later rounds, most notably for rounds like 53, 58, and 60, which can cause serious problems.

All in all, you have to be extremely lucky to be able to NAPS this - have almost all MOAB-classes spawn on the top path.

Especially since this is on Death Valley HARD with an atrocious tower selection, the difficulty needs a nerf.

Okay... I kept playing the DC, and I could only ever get to 50 before using agents.

Lowest rating I've given to any DC so far...

RCD: N/A
      Difficulty: 9.26/10
      Enjoyment: 0.06/10!!!! (Excess ice stall, and 4 SMSes used)
      Final Verdict: 0.77/10!!!! (Nasty, F--)

Driven Progress: 45/90
      Last edited by Junior Monkey; 25-07-17, 07:07 AM.
      Ratings, Accepted DCs, and Today's and Tomorrow's BMC events, My BTD5 Mods
      Cringe worthy blog quotes of the week:

Comment

reached 53 NAPS, and then failed. Was this DC even tested properly? It's WAAYY too much path based.

EDIT: Reached 59 and failed due the camo leads, but I think using 4/0 sub on short path should cut, and you don't need x/4 bucc on this round so I think I proved this DC NAPSable.
        Last edited by sniper 355; 25-07-17, 08:23 AM.
        I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
        BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
        my challenges, overhauled ratings
        If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

There is a pattern to know which path the MOAB will take so you can reload early on. I just don't remember what it is. I believe Incogneato mentioned it in either a Death Valley challenge or a Great Divide challenge.

Comment

I tested this thoroughly (MOABs taking both paths) and it is NAPSable. But it is hard, (maybe even James-worthy), and there isn't much wiggle room for your setup. FWIW, the great thing about being brain damaged is that I don't remember how I did it... I'm not as good as most of you. This one took me several weeks to sort out. I'm sure some of you can figure it out.

FWIW, it's not terribly luck based. But it requires a fairly specific set up, and a fairly specific order of upgrades.

I did have incogneato in mind when I was planning it : (

Comment

Here's how I started, this much I remember...

2x 1/0 Ice
              0/1 Bucc
              2/2 Sub

The top lake gets 2 more subs.
              The bottom lake gets 2 Buccs.

Comment

finished NAPS, actually fun challenge. Key is use ice stalling. I had shards on short path and 1/1 ice on long one to stall. Hook shot every blimp. Round 59: Use a 4/0 sub on short path and as much camo detection as you can for long path.

difficulty: 6/10
                Enjoyability: 8/10

Comment

Real toughie. I had to use Sub speciality and the occasional portable lake pro ability which made the start a lot easier, but some rounds were still quite tight in the late 50's!

Comment

sniper 355 Even the long path MOABs?
                    Status: BMC City one level 34, City two level 24, BTD5 Rank 73
                    DC ratings, Accepted DCs, Color-coded MM rewards

Comment

yes, even long path ones. Thing is, the 1/1 ice stalls so some of the hooks can earn time for cooldown.

Comment

Beat it with Ice Specialty:

It's important to have the two 2/2 ices on the top lane to delay to let your Takedown recharge as well 2/2 subs to not blow up those bloons which are delaying. You should also get the 2/3 ice during round 38.

I'm not sure if I would have beaten 53 without takedown, so I used all 3 there and then rebought 2 buccs for 54. On 56 I was able to defeat the MOAB on the short path without takedown but leaked about 20 (which could have easily been more) Also rebought 1 for 57.

upload photo to web

Comment

Thanks Raging!

Comment

Working...
                          X