Dangerous Delight - Jul 18, 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Supermonkey View Post
    For those saying that this is all too easy, I'd really like to see a guide or video especially those saying its possible with no ninja. This is downstream (an expert map despite it being classed as advanced) on hard mode starting with the standard money. Otherwise it just seems as if people are just copying one another and saying what is popular.
    Before you ask one of us for a guide, why don't you try it yourself without using Ninjas?
    Status: BMC City one level 34, City two level 24, BTD5 Rank 73
    DC ratings, Accepted DCs, Color-coded MM rewards

Comment

Originally posted by sniper 355 View Post
      and you said Metro Boomin wasn't that extreme, can you tell what you did? I don't believe you can pass 65 without massive sell & rebuy. I already did explain on this DC.
      Might as well ask for an error check on my guide.
      Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
      BTD5 Rank: 83 | BMC Levels: 40 and 37; 32 on Mobile | NK Level: 36
      YouTube channel | My Ratings System

Comment

You remember that archive forumer called I Hate Castle?

Well...

I HATE DOWNSTREAM :(

My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
        My DCs
        Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

To sniper and superbloons - I didn't write a guide because I thought it wasn't that hard and it wasn't worth my time. My guide for MetroBooming is coming up and it doesn't involve a massive sell/rebuy. When I get home it will be the first thing I do.

To Weegee - I tried without ninja when I was testing and I couldn't do it. So if people really can do it without ninja then please I'm all ears. Might hurt my ego a bit but at least I'll improve my gameplay in future. So please guys show me that you are all awesome and that James is bad. I want to see Dangerous Delight NAPS with no ninja. Otherwise I think you'll understand that I'll think you're just idly bragging and that you actually used agents premiums and specials and simply sold them before taking the round 66 screenshot to save face from saying YAPS.
          The truth? You want the truth? But sir, you can't HANDLE the truth.

Comment

If you don't believe that the images are NAPS, that's fine, but there's no need for more evidence of NAPS, because if we used Agents/Premiums/Specialties, we would specify what was used.
            Last edited by WeegeeMaelstrom; 19-07-17, 07:20 PM.
            Status: BMC City one level 34, City two level 24, BTD5 Rank 73
            DC ratings, Accepted DCs, Color-coded MM rewards

Comment

Added another image, in case anyone is still skeptical.
              Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
              Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Speaking on Gamzdude's behalf in order to provide a conclusive guide. Also, big thanks to Unofficial Bloons Channel for providing most of the strategy.

Original tower placement:

26. 2/2 sub, 2/2 boat (either position for either tower will work)
                28. 2/2 boat to 2/3 [Strong]
                31. Second sub 1/0 sub -> 2/0 -> 2/2
                35. Second boat 0/1 -> 1/1 -> 2/3 [Strong]
                40. 0/0 village (top). Place it as far to the top of the island as possible. Two 1/1 ice towers (place the bottom ice so that it covers the entirety of that tiny bulge to the left). Top ice to 2/1. You'll probably lose some lives here but it's not detrimental.
                41. Top ice to 2/3
                46. Boat 2/4, sink MOAB. Sell and rebuy as 2/3 [Strong]. Other ice to 2/3. Village 2/1.
                49. 0/0 super [Strong]
                50. Second 0/0 super [Strong]
                51. Either super to 1/0 -> 2/0
                54. Second super 1/0 -> 2/0 (You'll afford it during 55, which is another round in which you'll leak some lives)
                60. 2/4 boat, sink BFB. Sell and rebuy as 2/3 [Strong]. Second village (bottom) 2/1. Both subs to 2/3.
                63. Ices to 2/4. Absolute Zero all 3 ceramic rushes when they come in range of the shards. You'll need to sell/rebuy one.
                64. Sell both supers, wait a little bit, then get a 2/3 sub to 2/4 and first strike. Sell, other sub to 2/4 and first strike again. There will almost always be one MOAB left--sell 2/4 sub and boat sink it. Sell 2/4 boat and rebuy 2/3 boat [Strong] and 2 2/3 subs.
                65. Once all ceramics are dead, sell both 2/4 ices and first strike twice. You're done, son!
                Last edited by The Mochinator; 19-07-17, 09:46 PM.
                My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
                My DCs
                Is Minecraft really for children?

Comment

Ok just reviewed this guide of the no ninja version. I would say it is NAPSable but it contains game-ending luck. Round 40 you need a bit of ice luck and on one save/reload the luck was fatal when a whole ceramic leaked. 47 is another close call and you need ice luck once again. 55 almost always ends up leaking sometimes fatally and sometimes not. 64 needs MOAB path luck - if the first MOAB spawns on the left then your first FSC is only going to kill 3 MOABs. Next FSC will kill 4 MOABs and then you'll be left with 2 MOABs and if you need 2 hooks then you might not have the cash to pull off 65.

When I was testing I got killed without the ninja by the luck so I never pursued it anymore.

With the ninja, the challenge is 100% safe and reliable without any luck involved. Can even be done NAPSFRILLS. So the question then becomes a design choice. Do I want a more difficult challenge with game-ending luck or do I want an easier challenge which is 100% safe? I think there can only be one answer to such a question - safe and reliable. Otherwise I'd end up like Rise of the Supermonkey except this time I wouldn't have a no-luck guide to fall back on and I'd never hear the end of it.

As an added bonus, the ninja allows me to play without having to worry about sell/rebuy abilities which I really really don't like. Having to sell mid-round and rebuy an x/4 tower is just awful.
                  The truth? You want the truth? But sir, you can't HANDLE the truth.

Comment

Working...
                  X