Dangerous Delight - Jul 18, 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerous Delight - Jul 18, 2017

Rounds 26 - 65 on Downstream Hard with 2 of each: 2/4 Subs, 2/4 Buccaneers, 2/4 Ice Towers, 2/4 Villages, 2/4 Ninjas, and 2/0 Supers. By The Supermonkey
    Starting Cash: 5000

Original Suggestion:
    Originally posted by The Supermonkey View Post
    Dangerous Delight

Track: Downstream
    Difficulty: Hard
    Levels: 26 - 65
    Lives: 150
    Starting Cash: $5000
    Towers: 2/4 Sub; 2/4 Buccaneer; 2/4 Ice; 2/4 Village; 2/4 Ninja; 2/0 Super
    Tower Limits: 2 of each
    Agents: Agents allowed, none provided

Fully tested NAPS (NAPSFRIS possible). Please do not change this challenge - either accept as is or not at all. Recommended MM reward: $150. If you require a guide, one can be provided upon PM request.
    Last edited by Junior Monkey; 19-07-17, 01:59 AM.
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

I don't think this is NAPSable without the 2/4 ninja. Please fix as per my original suggestion
    The truth? You want the truth? But sir, you can't HANDLE the truth.

Comment

Well, well, well...

I YAPSed it, never went back to do it again normally. (Before the ninja was added.)

RCD: 6/10
      Difficulty: 3.8/10
      Enjoyment: 1.8/10! (Double Cash Used.)
      Final Verdict: 3.7/10 (Lousy, C-)

Driven Progress: 38/90
      Last edited by Junior Monkey; 19-07-17, 06:36 AM.
      Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th, NK Day of the Dead

Comment

Oops, fixed.

Comment

Well look at here, Done NAPS, without the Ninja, even then still not worth 150MM at all, at most 90-100MM Reward.

It can be done, but does need sell & Rebuy near the end, had to rebuy AZ once on 63 1 FSC for 64 and 1 Hook, and 1 FSC on 65 (Sold And re bought each once on those rounds.) Outside of that, 2 Plasma, AZ 2 boats, a village, and 2.3 Subs handled 26-63 well. For the bgining of 65 2 Ice shards and one Plasma. No Ninja was
          involved here at all.

Before Round 64: (Note this was in a normal game)

After 65

RCD: 6.25/10 (No Ninja) (4.25-4.6) (Ninja)
          Last edited by Gamzdude; 19-07-17, 08:08 PM.
          Links:New Ratings Games Profile, YouT Game Risk Categories, Daily Challenges, Forums
          Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

If you really can do this with no ninja I'd like to see a guide and if it really can be done with no ninja I'd tip my hat to you - you got me on this one.

Comment

Ok, just tested the updated accepted version. All good.

Comment

This challenge is not remotely close to worth 150MM at all, it is actually very easy except maybe for the last three rounds, and it is not "expert-only" at all - in fact, I don't belong in the expert category yet I still beat it easily, and even players with little experience may be able to beat it, in fact I'd say this challenge is worth 80MM at best.

Difficulty: 4.5/10
                Enjoyability: 4/10

93 accepted daily challenges.
                BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 35 (1st city), 28 (2nd city) - AP: 20855 (Level 41) - A masterpiece of logic - Rating scale - Forum errors
                Originally posted by Katy Perry
                Yeah, they slither like a centipede

Comment

Came back for this one.

No need for ninja, Much easier than the reward suggests.

Difficulty: 6.5/10 - Not that hard TBF. The only hard rounds are the final ones.
                  Fun: 5/10 - Eh.
                  Total: 11.5/20 - Above Average/

BTD5 Rank:80
                  Challenge Legend: Yes
                  Driven: Yes

Creator of the DC of the Month Competition

Proud Member of The Watcher Clan.

Comment

*Sings Relax, Take it Easy by MIKA*

Easy challenge, finished NAPSFRILLS. Why it is worth 150 MM? It's 65 MM at best.

difficulty: 3/10
                    Enjoyability: 5/10
                    I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
                    BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
                    my challenges, overhauled ratings
                    If you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper 355 View Post
                      *Sings Relax, Take it Easy by MIKA*

Easy challenge, finished NAPSFRILLS. Why it is worth 150 MM? It's 65 MM at best.

difficulty: 3/10
                      Enjoyability: 5/10
                      Guide pliz

Comment

I did the DC at vacation so it's harder for me to make a guide... But I'll try to replicate steps:

started with 1/2 bucc set to strong, 2/2 sub and 0/0 sub. Then upgraded bucc to 1/3. Upgraded sub to 2/2 and got another 1/3 bucc. Then added 2 1/2 ninjas set to strong. Added a 2/3 ice tower. Then upgraded ninja to 1/4, ability used on 46. Then got a second 2/3 ice and another 2/4 ninja. Used ability when need. Then I got Super Monkeys. On 60 I used hook, 63 is saborage and 2 AZ. 64 is sabotage, 65 is sabotage + hooks

Comment

For those saying that this is all too easy, I'd really like to see a guide or video especially those saying its possible with no ninja. This is downstream (an expert map despite it being classed as advanced) on hard mode starting with the standard money. Otherwise it just seems as if people are just copying one another and saying what is popular.

I thought that Metro booming and A tricky balancing act weren't that extreme myself but most people thought otherwise.

Comment

I gotta say the tower restrictions pretty much spoiled the whole challenge. When you have subs, 2/3 ice and sabotage in a DC, it won't really be hard. The challenge was indeed easy.

and you said Metro Boomin wasn't that extreme, can you tell what you did? I don't believe you can pass 65 without massive sell & rebuy. I already did explain on this DC.
                            Last edited by sniper 355; 18-07-17, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Supermonkey View Post
                              For those saying that this is all too easy, I'd really like to see a guide or video especially those saying its possible with no ninja. This is downstream (an expert map despite it being classed as advanced) on hard mode starting with the standard money. Otherwise it just seems as if people are just copying one another and saying what is popular.

I thought that Metro booming and A tricky balancing act weren't that extreme myself but most people thought otherwise.
                              If you thought Metro Boomin wasn't extreme, why didn't YOU post a guide then? You never posted on that thread.

You ask us for a guide because the challenge isn't hard according to us, but you won't do the same.

And expert (actually advanced) map does not necessarily mean it's difficult, especially when you have 2/2 subs.
                              Last edited by Superbloons321; 18-07-17, 05:12 PM.
                              93 accepted daily challenges.
                              BTD5 rank: 83 - BMC levels: 35 (1st city), 28 (2nd city) - AP: 20855 (Level 41) - A masterpiece of logic - Rating scale - Forum errors
                              Originally posted by Katy Perry
                              Yeah, they slither like a centipede

Comment

Working...
                              X